Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

Aus S2KI O.G's

Old 06-12-2017, 08:08 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I just approved you on the FB page. If I'd have known you were getting a Focus I would have reconsidered.
The following users liked this post:
fisting dwarves (06-12-2017)
Old 06-12-2017, 11:01 PM
xoz

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fisting dwarves
@xoz, just saw your post and looked for your car but no dice. Have you sold it already?

@Do$tylz, yep back in Brisvegas after ten years in the big smoke.

Maybe we can all try getting together in approx October, with @fireball too? I thought my Focus was likely to arrive in the near term but it is now looking more like a three month wait...
Hey FD, give me a call or inbox me if your keen as its still available, I saw Aus accepted you into the Classifieds FB Grp.
A group drive would be awesome (doesn't matter what one's current vehicle is)

Old 06-21-2017, 12:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fisting dwarves
Hey John! Life is what happens while you're not watching - I'm now 40s, two kids, driving a SUV and building a house in inner Brisbane.
Where in the inner city? I'm about to sell up myself.
Old 06-25-2017, 07:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah it's been a few years since I've gone on a SEQ cruise. Seeing a few old names and faces will probably tempt me to get time approval from the minister for war and finance
Old 06-28-2017, 06:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

3mth wait FD ? damn . just got back from 6wk holiday . the engine on the s still hasnt been finished rebuilding. havent even driven the rs yet
Old 01-12-2018, 01:16 AM

I just found this thread! Matt G here, I couldn't get in under my old account. I have been driving daily my car for about 14 years now (car was 4 yo when I got it).
In that time I have:
- replaced radiator once
- rebuilt clutch cylinders (both at one point or another I think)
- replaced the plastic rear window with a custom soft top with glass
- replaced engine mounts once
- broke and replaced one side driveshaft?
- had an oil leak from vtec solenoid?

Oh and about a month ago the driver seat adjustment cable snapped with the seat in the far back position (which makes it hard to undo the rear seat bolts). The replacement cable came this week ($25), and after quite a while of fiddling I managed move the seat forward enough that I was able to get at the rear bolts with an angled ring spanner. It too a while, but now will hopefully last another 15-20 years.

I think that is about the extent of things, so other than that the car has been great.

Last edited by Yobz; 01-12-2018 at 01:43 AM.
s2o0o (09-21-2020)
Old 01-12-2018, 01:21 AM

A few years ago I bumped the CTAE photoshop thread for it's 10 year anniversary, unfortunately some of the hilarious photos have been lost between then and now. The remaining ones still crack me up.
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/californ...design-421692/
Old 04-18-2018, 07:36 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Yobz
A few years ago I bumped the CTAE photoshop thread for it's 10 year anniversary, unfortunately some of the hilarious photos have been lost between then and now. The remaining ones still crack me up.
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/californ...design-421692/
Better late than never! Hello MattG!

You might not remember this, but you were one of the first people who replied to my thread "how much will an s2000 cost in Australia in 5 yearz?", or something of the like. I was 13 years old.

I'm so happy to hear the car is still with you :-)
Old 04-18-2018, 07:42 AM

[left]
Originally Posted by AusS2000
Wow S2o0o, I didn't realise you were so young when you first joined. You're posts certainly didn't reflect it.

I do hope nothing I said led you astray too much.
Don't be too hard on yourself. This board is the reason I pursued a career in automotive. I ended up working for a Honda dealer across 7 years. Nowadays I work for CarAdvice.com. Thank you for giving me something to read during school, because I honestly wouldn't have gotten to where I am without S2KI.

A part of my role is to organize the owner reviews on the CarAdvice site. Many of our frequent readers and contributors are 13-14 years old. It's so heartwarming to speak to them about cars, knowing that used to be me many years ago with you guys.

I need to work out how to change my email so I get notifications on here.

Last edited by s2o0o; 04-18-2018 at 07:46 AM.
Old 04-18-2018, 08:11 AM

2018 update -

Vuey, wifey and their two sons have relocated to Melbourne. S2KI is how they met, so it's very sweet. They still own a 2003 Indy Pearl Yellow. They bought it back from the person they sold it to.

Hotchoc4 has just welcomed baby #2. He's into euro and exotic cars these days.

RedRover is also someone I see frequent my news feed. I see him pedaling around on a mountain bike.

Matyi runs a car community called Downshift Aus. I also post a bit to their Facebook page. Again, someone I met through S2KI many moons ago, but the world has an odd way of bringing people back together. He is based in Vietnam now but is a worldly traveler.

Xoz is on the S2000 Facebook group, the car may have been up for sale but I'm not sure if it's moved hands yet.

Oh yeah, then there's Brad. I don't know his username. He's been from the S2000, to an NSX, to an RX7, to a HSV..... I can't quite keep up. He also is a Downshift contributor.

Thats all I can really remember for the moment.

As for me, I still own my Kia! It's called a pro_cee'd GT for those who are curious. The only reason I stepped into one of these and not a new Civic is because Honda went CVT only across the trims. It broke my heart. I wanted a manual, so I started looking elsewhere.

As the days go by, I grow older. The older I get, the further away that dream GPW S2000 gets away from me. It really saddens me that mosts cars have had rolled guards, cheap resprays and look like they've had a rough life.

Right now, I'm toying with the idea of a new Type R or a Hyundai i30 N. I never thought I'd ever choose a Hyundai over a Honda, but they're very impressive.

But the S2000? I will own one as a second "Sunday driver" car. It needs to be immaculate. Preferably been with the same owner since new with full Honda service credentials. Am I asking for too much? Maybe. But I'm hopeful that it's out there, and that maybe one day perhaps someone will come across this post and sell me theirs. I have no intention to modify it. Just to love it and hold it and put it in the garage.

Last year, Larke Hoskins sold up his dealers and they are now called Sutton's. There was an immaculate, undriven GPW AP2 in that showroom until the changeover. Old mate still has that car somewhere in NSW, and I am destined to track it down. It finally got a set of rego plates because it came up in VFACTS sales figures.

I'd love to meet you all one day. It was very hard with no licence, but dbzerk got me to a couple of events to meet the VIC squad.

ill check back here regularly. I hope there's more of you here.
xoz (09-06-2018)

Quick Reply: Aus S2KI O.G's