Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

Best Exhaust System

Old 03-11-2014, 04:27 PM
1RM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Exhaust System

Hi guys, most of the threads I have read are outdated and I am after a bit more specific information.

I have around 2k to spend on an exhaust and I am having a bit of trouble deciding on one that is best for me.
I will primarilty be using the car as a daily so I dont want any issues with the EPA and Police. The car will also see some track time.

I am not sure whether to go for a dual or single system?
Also is it worth going for a titanium setup or sticking to stainless.

So far I am thinking the J's racing ones are the best for my budget.

Any assistance and reccomendations would be great.
Old 03-11-2014, 04:41 PM

If you have 2k you could probably afford an ASM titanium single - the problem will be sourcing it though.

I have a Js 70RS Titanium exhaust - if you don't want something too loud - definitely do NOT get this exhaust. It has a great tone but gets very loud.

From past research, if I recall correctly people have said a single makes more power (though quite marginal difference) over the dual setups.

And as for titanium, I think the main benefit is really the weight savings you get - but unless you're a serious tracker and need to save every KG you can, it probably doesn't matter. I am not sure what impact a titanium setup has on power gains (if any).
Old 03-11-2014, 04:54 PM
1RM

Ye, I would prefer something readily available though. That's the problem with the ASM one. J's racing is good because they're geasy to find, reasonably priced and have a good reputation.

Is your 70RS dual or single? I dont mind if its loud, just as long as its not loud enough to get me defected lol.
My only concern with a single is that it just looks a little out of place on the rear.

Ye from my research
-Single is better for power
-Titanium has the same gains as SS, main benefit is the weight saving.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:10 PM

I have a single.

You can get a single exhaust cap from the US to make it look better

I have a feeling my 70RS is loud enough to warrant a defect - though I have been defected before for other things and the cops didnt even ask about the exhaust (though I feel they had no idea what they were doing)
Old 03-11-2014, 06:02 PM
1RM

Ah ye, I think the dual systems are a bit more quiet. Might be a better option for me.

The FX PRO from J's racing (Single) does look unreal though.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:36 PM

The Fujitsubo legalis r is a great dual exhaust, no drone and not to loud at all, if your after a single I believe the spoon sport 70mm is meant to be one of the best quiet exhausts around and again no drone
Old 03-11-2014, 10:24 PM

amuse r1000. reasonably quite..... if you're deaf
Old 03-12-2014, 01:08 AM

Had the Fujitsubo Legalis R in my first S, definitely the best daily exhaust .. no drone, good sound. Now I have the Greddy SE Dual with a berk test pipe .. some drone at 3k, significantly louder, sounds awesome at 9k but still relatively "quiet" compared to single setups.

Out of the 2, i prefer the Fuji. From hearing lots of different exhausts, no single exhaust is quiet enough to avoid police attention. J's and Amuse exhausts sound awesome, but are loud and have lots of drone.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:45 AM

T1R EM Dual sparrow would be my choice. Outperforms most exhausts out there in terms of power and drone.

http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/mm...ry_Code=T1R-ES
Old 03-12-2014, 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by 1RM
Hi guys, most of the threads I have read are outdated and I am after a bit more specific information.

I have around 2k to spend on an exhaust and I am having a bit of trouble deciding on one that is best for me.
I will primarilty be using the car as a daily so I dont want any issues with the EPA and Police. The car will also see some track time.

I am not sure whether to go for a dual or single system?
Also is it worth going for a titanium setup or sticking to stainless.

So far I am thinking the J's racing ones are the best for my budget.

Any assistance and reccomendations would be great.
Depends on your requirements... if you want power or looks or quiet or a mix of both?

First - don't get Titanium for a daily drive. Titanium is incredibly rigid which means that given the vibrations from the engine and general movement, it will rattle... and often the weakest welds are for smaller items like mid-mufflers etc. Most Ti exhausts I know, have rattling mid-mufflers which can get annoying. They're not easy to fix as well, as the cost of good quality Ti is quite high. The only solution really, is to get one without a mid-muffler... which means it will be louder.
Stainless steel is more common in terms of materials, replacement parts and how many workshops actually work on stainless as opposed to Titanium.

Dual or Single? Singles generally make more power and are lighter. Where duals won't be as loud and look better (if that's your thing).

The next thing which you may not have thought about is 63mm or 70mm. Generally 70mm exhausts make more power but are a bit louder.

ASM's 70mm exhaust is quite good but I do hear that their mid-mufflers do have the "rattle of death" as well even though they're stainless. I have a Spoon Sports exhaust which is very similar to the ASM but... as far as I know, doesn't have the rattle of death problem There's a Forcewerkz (Sp?) exhaust for sale in the Sponsors section which looks quite nice - is quiet and is 70mm so ideally should have decent power gains. There's also the HKS Super Sound master series which looks funny in design... but sounds nice and doesn't drone apparently?

Look around there's plenty of threads and youtube videos you can see... it's all down to personal preference on some of these things.

Quick Reply: Best Exhaust System