Build Thread (NA Sprint Series Car) - Page 2 - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

Notices
Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

Build Thread (NA Sprint Series Car)

Old 03-08-2009, 05:47 AM

Very nice setup
What camber do you have at the front?
Old 03-08-2009, 06:32 AM

have you weighed the car ? would be interested to know how much it weighs as u have stripped it out ... i guess u have taken out the soft top and roof motor?
Old 03-08-2009, 07:35 AM

Badass!!!
Old 03-08-2009, 10:55 AM

What camber do you have at the front?
The front camber is -3 (maybe -3.25) degrees. I can't get more than that now because I have clearance issues with the HKS coilovers. I will be replacing the upper arm with an Ikeya Formula part that should solve the problem. You want some TC Design upper arms ?

have you weighed the car ? would be interested to know how much it weighs as u have stripped it out ... i guess u have taken out the soft top and roof motor?
Nope, but by my rough calculations I must have saved about 100kgs so far. Yes, the soft top and roof motors are gone.

I appreciate all the interest and compliments guys!
Old 03-08-2009, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by mcopley,Mar 8 2009, 10:27 PM
Hmmm... the Porterfields. Not that impressed with them to be honest. I need something that bites hard from cold and doesn't fade, because the sprints are from a standing start with no warm up. The R4S pads don't seem to have as much initial bite as the oem pads, and although they do resist fade better, I have had them go on me . I am extremely hard on my brakes so I will be looking for something different next time.

Have you tried the DS2500's on track yet?
yeah i have taken it to track, but i tend to do more mountain driving

it does have good inital bite even from cool and but you can start feeling the fade after about 5-7 laps as you start needing to brake a little earlier.. it could be tyres as well. When you're 'hard' on your brakes, do you threshold brake at the limit before ABS or brake with ABS working?
Old 03-08-2009, 08:53 PM

im a total novice when it comes to build up of the car for track purpose , on the other hand, ask me for advice on how to pimp out an S2000 and i will have advice in bucket loads

reading your post , from what i gather , you had a very simple/basic approach and it looks like it worked wonders for you some people forget and go overboard with mods ,looks like you stuck to the basics and got great results

i can only see this project going and going
Old 03-08-2009, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by ncmx5,Mar 9 2009, 09:34 AM
yeah i have taken it to track, but i tend to do more mountain driving

it does have good inital bite even from cool and but you can start feeling the fade after about 5-7 laps as you start needing to brake a little earlier.. it could be tyres as well. When you're 'hard' on your brakes, do you threshold brake at the limit before ABS or brake with ABS working?
I've used DS2500s for both track and road use. I've used them on the fronts in combination with OEM rear pads, as well as DS2500s on all corners. They work well, but I'm no Schmacher and I honestly can't tell too much of a difference between them and the OEM pads. Having said that, we tend to do some track analysis based on VBOX/PerformanceBox data and there's very little difference with the results, driver skills and techniques aside. The DS2500s do appear to be a little dirtier than OEM, but I don't mind the brake dust.

If your car is for track use only though, you should probably look at the DS3000s and higher.

Btw mcopley, Nice Work
Old 03-08-2009, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mike-R,Mar 9 2009, 02:11 PM
I've used DS2500s for both track and road use. I've used them on the fronts in combination with OEM rear pads, as well as DS2500s on all corners. They work well, but I'm no Schmacher and I honestly can't tell too much of a difference between them and the OEM pads. Having said that, we tend to do some track analysis based on VBOX/PerformanceBox data and there's very little difference with the results, driver skills and techniques aside. The DS2500s do appear to be a little dirtier than OEM, but I don't mind the brake dust.

If your car is for track use only though, you should probably look at the DS3000s and higher.

Btw mcopley, Nice Work
Yeah i agreee they dust HEAPS, but thats okay - another excuse to wash your car!!
Im running DS2500 fronts and Project Mu HC+ rears (donated to me) and IMO they are WAAAAAAY better than OEM. Its driver feedback that you want so you can drive to your own limits. I must admit, im not that quick around the track, and I don't go out there like a nut to chase down 0.01 sec lap times either. But yeah I just go and see how it feels around track.

I think the DS3000 need a bit of heat in them to operate properly, and since mcopley is doing sprints (cool starts), Im not sure if it will be the right pad for him. Taaxed runs DS3000 on his M3 and they squeek like a bitch on the streets. Gotta see what he thinks of them HOT/COLD performance.
Old 03-08-2009, 11:03 PM

Nice work mate, wish i could do the same

What spring rates are you running and how do you like the HKS??

I have a set of unused still in box ds3000's available. PM me if your interested
Old 03-08-2009, 11:18 PM

[QUOTE]
wish i could do the same