Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

Insurance Premiums

Old 01-16-2005, 09:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Insurance Premiums

Is it just me, or does everyone's insurance go up each year? Mine's gone up $450 in three years (AAMI) and I haven't made any claims on it...Over 30 Rating 1.

The best I can find is still AAMI at about $1300, most of the others won't touch it, and those that do are mostly insanely priced. A company called 'Unique' will do it for $1156 but they got all worried when I said I got about 2 speeding tickets a year. I honestly thought that was really good for a Melbournian under 65YO!!??

Anyone had any pleasant experiences (in terms of premiums) with any insurance companies lately?
Old 01-16-2005, 09:41 PM

well the first problem i see is that you are with aami. granted, u many have a good relationship with them, but i steer clear of them.
i am using honda insurance aka swann insurance and they have been really good to me. my premiums have not gone up at all for the past 3 years.
i had a good experience with westpac insurance (royal and sun alliance, now vero.) they were cheap and paid out timely for my mishap
Old 01-17-2005, 12:47 AM

Hi bmoyes, good to hear from you again. Long time no see

The question of insurance comes up quite regularly. Austblue, do you think we could include the topic of insurance in the Useful Links & Information sticky at the top?

It should be easy to locate the few most relevant threads and put in a pointer to them?
Old 01-17-2005, 01:55 AM

The UK forum have a good database type thread where everyone posts and the first thread is updated, would you like something like that set up to save people having to filter through the threads each time? If so reply listing the details you wish for me to set as prompts so that we have the same input/data being presented making it simple to compare and I'll knock it up tommorow.
Old 01-17-2005, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Austblue,Jan 17 2005, 08:55 PM
................reply listing the details you wish for me to set as prompts ..........
I'd suggest the following words as prompts

Insurance

Premium

Cover

For two-word (or phrases) prompts you might try

Insurance premium
Insurance cover
Insurance company
Insurance companies

As a longer shot you might try

Annual premium
terms & conditions
Old 01-17-2005, 04:18 PM

I think that excess definitely needs to go in there too since you can alter your premium based on your agreed excess. i.e reduction in premium traded for an increased excess. I also think that age, history and location need to go in there since they definitely dictate the resulting figure though this may lead to people being hesitant in participating due to embarassment etc.

What do you think of those?
Old 01-17-2005, 04:29 PM

Here's te UK's database, its a bit of a spreadsheet with lots of info and some of which I don't understand but maybe you will.

http://www.facchino.co.uk/amd/s2k/insuranc...00Insurance.htm

And here's the thread that links to it where s2ki peeps can discuss it

http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=187676

I think that something this detailed would be great but we'd need somewhere that we could host the excel spreadsheet that is accessible by someone that is willing to update it.

Im looking at you Aus and not just because you have a booger
Old 01-17-2005, 04:54 PM

If you use the words age, history & location you may drag in other threads (such as used car sales) that are not relevant to insurance.

Excess and the things that affect it are sub-topics of insurance.
Old 01-17-2005, 06:10 PM

Could you elaborate on that post to show your meaning/intentions RR? Perhaps I am a little distracted because Im busy at work but I'm not getting your message very clearly.
Old 01-17-2005, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Austblue,Jan 18 2005, 01:10 PM
Could you elaborate on that post to show your meaning/intentions RR?
I had a look at the UK spreadsheet. The UK S2K community are very lucky that someone took the time and effort to compile that for them. However, I doubt that anyone in the Australian community has the necessary resources, the available time and/or the inclination to do that much work.

I did a search on "insurance" in the Australian forum and found 135 threads. They're randomly spaced datewise so that means about one new thread on insurance every two weeks. Much of the discussion is what was gone over in previous threads.

Because it's such a popular topic (it affects everyone) I thought that it might be handy to have something in the Useful Links & Information sticky at the top. Exactly what I'm not sure, I'd like to hear other people's ideas on this. I was surprised to find that there were over 100 threads on insurance already, I was expecting to find 20 or 30.

There is a lot of useful information in those threads, but it would be a big job to go through them all to determine which are most useful and which don't merit revival.

Quick Reply: Insurance Premiums