Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

Introduction to Australian Community

Old 08-21-2014, 06:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BabyFace
Hi everyone

I am a new member to the forums but not stranger to it.
I bought my S2000 second hand in 2013 with 32,000kms on it.
it was a car I had desired on and off for at least 10 years, when I got my P's I drove a honda jazz then a B16 Civic and decided then should I ever get sick of my EG I would keep with Honda (for the reliability and high rev engines) and get the s2k I had desired, so at the age of 19 after working 2 jobs that year to save up I bought my current pride.

A GPW 2000 S2k with
[*]Ap2 front and rear bumper[*]Ap2 Headlights

Since then I have got/done
[*]Mugen Snorkel gutted OEM box[*]Linea Club (SSR) 17x8 +45 - 215F/235R[*]Standard exhaust with deleted resonator[*]Ap2 DRL[*] OMNI quiklutch (not in yet)[*] Wicked Tuning Rear Toe arms (not in yet)[*] Spoon RigiColla (not in yet)

Thats all so far, I am planning on going coils and wider rims at the minimum, just for extra grip and confidence.
Just spent 1 year with it at the beginning of this month.

Jene (JJ) from Perth
Is that the white one in perth that had the cluster swap done?
Old 08-29-2015, 06:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

G'day all,

Just signed up to S2ki but have been lurking for a little while. Bought a 2000 Monte Carlo Blue with black interior back in July. Hope to meet some awesome owners in SA and the rest of Australia in the future
Old 04-30-2016, 12:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another Monte Carlo Blue owner here. (1999) Had the car for almost a month and today I found someone had hit my car and run on the E Melbourne suburbs while parked.
Hoping I will have no such issue in the future with the car.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEqYv0Hh4Qn/
Old 06-06-2016, 08:25 PM

Hi everyone,

My name's David, I'm from Melbourne and currently studying at Uni. I bought my first car (a Nissan Tiida hatcback, possibly the furthest thing from an s2000 ) after I got my P's just over 2 years ago without much thought as to the joy of driving . After a few months, I knew I wanted something more fun and something I could step back from and feel proud of, and so I began saving for a new car. I started looking at hot hatches like the Fiest ST and Mk 6 Golf GTI, but then my mechanic suggested I have a look at some cars that were purpose built to be sports cars, like the Toyota 86, Miata, and of course the s2000. The first time I went to test drive an s2000 and put my foot down, I knew I had to have one.

Fast forward a couple of months and I'm the proud owner of a 2001 silverstone/black s2000. It's completely stock atm, but the previous owner had some coilovers and wider wheels on it. I'm wanted to put some AP2 V1 style wheels on it (if I can find some nice ones in Australia), and debating whether or not to fit a K&N FIPK intake. I test drove one with this intake and it sounded absolutely immense, but the s2000 sounds good stock as well.

Although I'm a new member here, I've read quite a bit of stuff on S2KI and it has increased my knowledge of the car greatly. It has helped me to clear up the UV fog a bit on my vinyl rear window, and allowed me to try and change my radio door to the 2006+ style (the previous owner gave me the part), although I was unsuccessful due to the pins being a bit too stubborn.

Look forward to learning/posting more on here

Cheers,

David
Old 11-11-2016, 09:20 PM

Hi guys,
My name is Alex, i bought my 01 GPW S2000 back in april, i've been referring to these forums for advice and looking into the mechanical side of things for tips etc. Finally got an account on here today.

I can tell the forums are fairly inactive these days and i'm not quite sure?

Anyway, i bought mine from a guy called Bobby (who i think a lot of the Brisbane based owners would know well as he had the full j's racing setup going), ive been moved to Darwin with work for 12 months + so i think i'm one of the few owners up here, saw another GPW AP1 the other day but haven't seen him since! These are great forums and i hope they can become a lot more active sometime soon.
Old 11-12-2016, 02:58 AM

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Hey Alex, s2ki is great but for Australian related s2000 chat your best bet is the AUS S2K group on Facebook
Old 11-12-2016, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by clio
Hey Alex, s2ki is great but for Australian related s2000 chat your best bet is the AUS S2K group on Facebook
thanks mate
Old 11-16-2016, 02:39 AM

Hey

I've been lurking for years!

My little girl
Old 02-02-2017, 02:46 AM

Hi Guys Im new to this Forum. I am from Sydney Have an 2003 s2000 original owner Black with Beige Interior. Looking at changing the carpet & Mats and the soft top.
Anyone got any recommendations where can should get this done or any links without breaking the bank ?

Cheers
Geros2000
Old 07-12-2017, 10:49 PM

Hi

Registered years ago when I was looking for one. Didn't get one in the end until recently. well I didn't get one myself more like a mate of mine did, but I help look after the car, set it up and we take it to the track together.

So the car is 2005 AP2 white, might also start a build page later

Nice to meet you all

Adam

Quick Reply: Introduction to Australian Community