Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

Just keeping an eye out

Old 07-06-2006, 02:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just keeping an eye out

Posting what I come across

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/2002-MODEL-HONDA-S2...1QQcmdZViewItem
Old 07-06-2006, 04:20 AM

too good to be true i think, thats really low
Old 07-06-2006, 02:28 PM

Who advertises on e-bay to sell their car anyway?

Purchasing a car without seeing it - that's quite a risk I would have thought.
Old 07-06-2006, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by blacks2k,Jul 6 2006, 10:20 PM
too good to be true i think, thats really low

ad says "2000" model , yet its got the 03 interior highlights , 03 rear lights, 03 rims , and correct me if im wrong , it looks like a glass rear window as well .

a little suss .
If you pay for it , you may not ever see it . There were a few of these cases on A current affair a few months back .
Old 07-06-2006, 02:43 PM

I think it's a genuine sale. You will note that the price has "reserve price not met" next to it. $27k (the bid price as at the time I write this) is going to be well below his reserve.

In fact, on paper this does look like a lovely vehicle, provided everything stacks up about it. And, to see whether that's the case, it's easy enough to make a phone call- which I've just done.

My questions and his answers below.

1. So you're selling the car for a friend? NO, ACTUALLY IT'S MY CAR.
2. Has the car ever been in an accident? IT'S JUST HAD A SMALL FRONT ENDER- THE HEADLIGHTS AND FRONT BAR WERE DONE, IT WAS AN INSURANCE JOB
3. Does it have full logbooks? NO, THE GUY I BOUGHT IT OFF TOLD ME HE DIDN'T HAVE THEM AND I SHOULD JUST GET NEW ONES FROM HONDA, BUT THEY WOULDN'T GIVE ME A SET. I'VE GOT RECEIPTS FOR THE SERVICING I'VE HAD DONE.
4. How many owners has the car had? THE GUY I BOUGHT IT OFF TOLD ME HE WAS THE FIRST OWNER. IT HAD 18,000KM WHEN I BOUGHT IT.
5. Why are you selling it? I WANT A LITTLE WORK CAR. I DO SECURITY WORK AND CAN'T PARK IT ANYWHERE.
6. It's currently at $27k on eBay, which is below your reserve. How much are you actually after for it? MY BOTTOM LINE IS $42,000.

He also had quite a middle eastern accent (or, western, if you're in Sydney...).

Way too much danger here for me. It's had a bash, it's got no books, and despite the eBay ad saying it is a 'friend's car', he now says it isn't.

Maybe I'd give him $30k for it. But only if he could prove it's not a rebirth. Which might be a tough ask.

xx
FD
Old 07-06-2006, 04:03 PM

Actually the ad (and URL) say 2002 model.
Casette player?
Is that roof sitting the the correct height? It looks a little high to me which may suggest one of the elastic straps is a bit stretched.
Old 07-06-2006, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by MattG,Jul 7 2006, 10:03 AM
Actually the ad (and URL) say 2002 model.
but if you read the description in the Ebay ad , it says 2000 model .

also , even if it was a 2002 model , doesnt explain the 03 interior / rear lights / rims .

Fisty
3. Does it have full logbooks? NO, THE GUY I BOUGHT IT OFF TOLD ME HE DIDN'T HAVE THEM AND I SHOULD JUST GET NEW ONES FROM HONDA, BUT THEY WOULDN'T GIVE ME A SET. I'VE GOT RECEIPTS FOR THE SERVICING I'VE HAD DONE.
a car with no history is always suss . Who would buy a car like this without ? only a reckless owner would loose / noy have a service history book .
Old 07-06-2006, 04:19 PM

Its funny he says it has no logbooks from the previous owners fault, saying he never received any, but the previous owner was the first owner, thus receiving books from Honda, thus ad is a lie / full of crap and is stolen IMO.

ALso, what kind of security guard has a 2002+ S2000......?
Old 07-06-2006, 04:40 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ExoticCarSite,Jul 7 2006, 10:19 AM
Its funny he says it has no logbooks from the previous owners fault, saying he never received any, but the previous owner was the first owner, thus receiving books from Honda, thus ad is a lie / full of crap and is stolen IMO.
I'm not sure I follow your logic. If the first owner said he didn't receive any then perhaps he is lying. Doesn't mean the seller is.

ALso, what kind of security guard has a 2002+ S2000......?
A middle-eastern/western Sydney one.
Old 07-06-2006, 04:44 PM

this looks way sus
i bought my s bout 2 months ago now
i looked at heaps of them
one being a blue one exactly like this
a friend of mine also looked at the same car and everytime we organised to look at it a different middle eastern appearance man would come with the car
we would get conflicting stories about it
one of the guys also told me that the roof was manual and that no s2000 came with an electric roof

another of my mates had the car inspected by a panel beater whom found that the chassis had been "welded" back together

im not saying that this is the same car, i cant tell that from the photos, although it may very well be

then again it could be a genuine sale and his reserve could be at any figure ie $40000!
it does say on the auction that the reserve is not yet met

then again if anyone is interested in the car, just go and inspect it
just dont wire the money to the account before you pick up the car i think thats obvious

just my 2 cents

Quick Reply: Just keeping an eye out