Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

Mazda RX8

Old 03-09-2006, 04:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mazda RX8

Members,

I love the cruises, just love the crew (sucker) but theres a time when 2 seats just dont cut it...

Im selling up and looking at the rx8. Any opinions, good or bad? either way i've made up my mind to let go of the beloved S.. whether it to purchase a rx8 or anything with a bit of leather and 4 seats!

another factor is the S's are becoming so common.. i was in syd south west yesterday and i literally saw 3 other s2000s in the space of 15 minutes..

has anyone else noticed this?
Old 03-09-2006, 04:16 PM

In my opinion its a little cramped in the rear for the passengers (not much leg room)
Also not enough grunt.
Looks alright!
But only just A-ight!!!
No as Sex-C as the S!!
Old 03-09-2006, 04:44 PM
Banned

the RX8 is a wicked car!

The rear passenger doors are 'suicide doors' so they open out the other way. The back is not too bad, there are only two seats in the back with a middle arm rest/drink holder. Its really comfy/cosy in the back. Full leather etc, the dash has heaps of LED's n shit real cool at night.

It moves pretty well too for a 1.3 ltr rotor (its 1.3 litr rotor isn't it?). I think its like 0-100 in about 6 odd seconds, probably same as s2k. Probably good petrol consumption too i'd imagine?

Whack some chrome 18's on it and looks fat. What color were u thinking???
Old 03-09-2006, 04:47 PM
Banned

sorry rev29k is right, 0-100 seems to be around the 7 second bracket.

Have you considered 350z??
Old 03-09-2006, 04:57 PM

come on, show a bit more enthusiasm REV 29K i cant make it to cruises cause im hungover and a bit gay, i agree the S looks slicker, i really need a 4 seater though for long trips etc, throw stuff on the back or when i have more than 1 chick to pick up, throw them in the back and let them do there lesbo thing .. god damn.. *shivers

Ive had a look at the 350z but there 2 seaters as well, i drove one and they feel quite sluggish, not my type a car... too big for me.. remember im asian!

I agree with you jap the Rx8 looks really slick inside and cosy, just the way i like it.. im thinking black and ill get the factory additions added to it (front lip, side skirts and rear skirts) Looking at the website, ive noticed that little if any changes were made from the 2003- 05 model. Correct me if im wrong..

Definitley NO rear spoiler and maybe 19's .. lol

http://www.mazda.com.au/accessories_pl.asp?id=43

click on more to view larger image
Old 03-09-2006, 05:00 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

350Z is a two seater so that clashes with the first point.

Also, if you're going to refer to a rotary as a 1.3L then at least compare it to a two stroke as it displaces twice the charge that a 1.3L OTTO engine does per rotation. Or, compare it based on fuel consumption and then it's more comparable to a V8.

I like the RX-8 and if you can only have one car it is a nice compromise between functionality and performance. Persoanlly I'd rather have a Liberty as a practical car and the S for the weekends but hey...

And if you are seeing too many in SW Syd there is an easy solution. DOn't drive in SW Syd.
Old 03-09-2006, 05:07 PM

No....dont sell the S u will regret it.

I have been considering selling the S as well but its hard to find a decent replacement for it within a 50k budget. It does everything, looks and performance.

RX8 in my opinion is just not good enough.

have you considered purchasing an evo9? or maybe a bmw coupe?

Old 03-09-2006, 05:10 PM

love the B4's.. just cant see myself in one and for the price.. i cant see it.. i was even thinking Accord Euro, but then i realised how much of a poser of a car it is.. i'll just shoot myself in the foot getting one... no complaints about its level of luxury and looks with fat 19s and dumped but just hasnt got the extra KW's to have real fun with it
Old 03-09-2006, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by NA-088,Mar 9 2006, 06:07 PM
No....dont sell the S u will regret it.

I have been considering selling the S as well but its hard to find a decent replacement for it within a 50k budget. It does everything, looks and performance.

RX8 in my opinion is just not good enough.

have you considered purchasing an evo9? or maybe a bmw coupe?
No! dont say that... with Beema's unless its an M3 whos got a spare 120K+ in thier back pocket to get one? EVO's are nice, but more a boy racer look, thats not really me..

regret it, i know... you always miss something more when you dont have it, and i know ill wanna drive again with the top down, but i feel its time to move on to something more practical

why isnt it good enough?? tell me!! thats what you guys should be posting! lol
Old 03-09-2006, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by pechs2k,Mar 10 2006, 11:00 AM
..................... but theres a time when 2 seats just dont cut it....................
Hi pechs2k, do you really need a genuine 4 seater or are you after a two seater with an occasional rear seat? That is, exactly how much rear seat passenger accomodation do you want?

How often do you carry more than one passenger? Do you have a pressing need to carry family or friends on a regular routine basis?

The reason you need to ask yourself these questions is because if you really do have an ongoing need to carry passengers - then an RX8 is not the best solution. Perhaps an Integra? Perhaps a sedan?

I just love that Porsche ad that shows a middle-aged couple heading off in a Boxter and the words say "The more kids you have the more practical it becomes"

Quick Reply: Mazda RX8