Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

New Facebook S2000 page for Australia

Old 08-17-2014, 07:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, main admin here to the page Honda S2000 - AUS S2K.

The page is based for a club that is used for uniting the S2000 community in Australia, both enthusiasts and owners. In regards to a couple posts here, I'm happy to answer a few question marks.

As with any new owners of the car, you can always expect as the same with S2Ki the typical nooby questions. Not all of us are as educated with the car, thus we have new members who ask a couple of questions that would be deemed obvious- but let's remember we were in their shoes at one point and took advantage of the convenience of Facebook threads with people easily recognized rather than S2Ki, which half of them aren't aware of or how to even use this page ! In essence, we refer them to here anyway to answer most of their questions.

You're more than welcome to join should you be interested in being apart of the monthly events we hold (which are S2000 exclusive events) and come to know our community!! As for the $40 for a sticker concept, it's not all related to AUS S2K so I'm not too sure where Aus is referring.

Also, we don't tolerate trolling on the page as I do endeavor to keep it clean as possible, but for let this discourage you from joining! For those of you who has been rejected, it is a team of admins other than myself who may have rejected you. Just let me know who you are here and I'll accept you! Our community is growing and we're all familiar with who we are- so active members are always friendly let me know if you wanna join guys!
Old 08-17-2014, 08:31 PM

Have to agree as well, I get annoyed people asking to be spoon fed information without first trying to find things out for themselves.

Though it's a great group for sharing events, thoughts, build updates etc and the for sale stuff is great.
Old 08-17-2014, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by daevilone
Have to agree as well, I get annoyed people asking to be spoon fed information without first trying to find things out for themselves. Though it's a great group for sharing events, thoughts, build updates etc and the for sale stuff is great.
You're not wrong man of course I understand we're all different in terms of how individuals tolerate the amount of information one could gather doing their own searches! But it is after all in good intent- they're most likely hoping that one of the members have at least an experience of what they're after - whether it's parts or services!

But I'm also glad to hear the feedback pertaining to our events organizing and other aspects that make AUS S2K!
Old 08-17-2014, 10:32 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Keep in mind Facebook doesn't have a historical thread search so noobs feel no need to do any research before asking the same old question.

Personally the way I would handle noob questions on Facebook is to suggest they have a look around S2ki. And when they've slammed that S2000 on 20" chromies they can post pics on the Facebook page.
Old 08-17-2014, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by AusS2000
Keep in mind Facebook doesn't have a historical thread search so noobs feel no need to do any research before asking the same old question.
over the past 9 years, there aren't many times i got to correct you AusS2000, so its with great pleasure i can point out Facebook does have a search function for old threads/post on a page/forum

on the far right corner of the page of the group, there is a magnifying glass and you type in the "word" you are looking for and all post containing that word will pop up.

Score
AusS2000 - 20ish : Vuey 1 .
Old 08-17-2014, 10:59 PM

Well I'll be $#@%!

Sorry, I'm a Facebook noob.
Old 08-17-2014, 11:23 PM

I was an avid s2ki lurker first both before I became a member of the Facebook group and also an S2000 owner, and there's no reason to compare one to the other. S2ki is and will always be the first go-to resource for most things S2000 related, and members of the Facebook group do frequently point the most commonly asked questions towards threads on s2ki (notably DIYs and wheel fitment).

Yes, being Facebook it does make it very convenient for people to just blurt questions that can be googled in an instant but that's just how Facebook community pages are. The average quality of each thread won't compare to s2ki, but it's not meant to - they're just different mediums for a community to interact. I would still say the Facebook group is the place to go if you want to feel like you're part of a community just from the difference in activity, and being part of such a community is a big part of owning an S (to me anyway).

Get the best of both worlds, and join both
Old 08-17-2014, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by s2k-jn
Hey guys, main admin here to the page Honda S2000 - AUS S2K.

The page is based for a club that is used for uniting the S2000 community in Australia, both enthusiasts and owners. In regards to a couple posts here, I'm happy to answer a few question marks.

As with any new owners of the car, you can always expect as the same with S2Ki the typical nooby questions. Not all of us are as educated with the car, thus we have new members who ask a couple of questions that would be deemed obvious- but let's remember we were in their shoes at one point and took advantage of the convenience of Facebook threads with people easily recognized rather than S2Ki, which half of them aren't aware of or how to even use this page ! In essence, we refer them to here anyway to answer most of their questions.

You're more than welcome to join should you be interested in being apart of the monthly events we hold (which are S2000 exclusive events) and come to know our community!! As for the $40 for a sticker concept, it's not all related to AUS S2K so I'm not too sure where Aus is referring.

Also, we don't tolerate trolling on the page as I do endeavor to keep it clean as possible, but for let this discourage you from joining! For those of you who has been rejected, it is a team of admins other than myself who may have rejected you. Just let me know who you are here and I'll accept you! Our community is growing and we're all familiar with who we are- so active members are always friendly let me know if you wanna join guys!
I see you chose your words very carefully and try to present yourself as someone who is here for "the people and the community of S2000 onwers"... then you go and post this up on your page :

firstly, how DARE YOU try and belittle me like that in public ?
whats the matter ? your ego couldn't handle a negative review of your page ? LOL
Old 08-18-2014, 03:26 AM

Unbelievable.

Guys, as much as I have my personal experiences and opinions in this matter let's not air our dirty laundry here. Yisroel is very young and has some learning to do and experiences to have. And if he shows up again at my place I will put him over my knee and give him the spanking he deserves.

And Vuey, you are always welcome here (unless you go on about 20" chromies).
Old 08-18-2014, 07:51 AM

Okay well 2 things;

Firstly Vuey, it's very hypocritical to say I "humiliated you in public" when you clearly ignited the spark right here on a PUBLIC FORUM. So if you saw fit to judge my members- dubbing their posts as "dumb questions" and then mentioning your urge to "troll" their posts( LOL seriously how old are you) then you deserve a public embarrassment. Either way, if another member came onto here, read your post and took your feedback, that damages my pages reputation- not that you care anyway. I have put a lot of time and work into that page and the community- and my tolerance of input like that behind my back is nought. So how dare I? More like how dare you, son. I don't go demeaning something you value- so show the same courtesy. And yes, I am for the community so as long as they co-operate and are their for me. You had your chance to voice your opinion before you left the page in your own accord. So don't have a whinge here like a little girl.

And Wayne, I don't have words for what you are. I learnt that theirs no point respecting people like you, even if I did in the past. Since that bridge has been burnt, be extremely careful about how you go about talking about me. I no longer have any reason to respect you, so back off and let Vuey deal with his problems with me instead of being 2 old men acting like 5 year olds.

Quick Reply: New Facebook S2000 page for Australia