Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

Radiator

Old 11-14-2011, 11:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radiator

SOOOOOOOO i am looking at replacing the radiator unless i can source a top tank without too much trouble.
I went into honda to get a quote for a new one.. i knew it would be a bit pricey but i didnt think 850 dollars!!!!
So what brands are you using if not OEM and how do you feel about the aluminium ones on ebay?
cheers!
Old 11-15-2011, 12:39 AM

I think awhile back there was a thread locally on Chinese unit.

Maybe AusS2000 can chime in, I recall he may have fitted one.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:58 AM

Yeah I got a shock too when I asked for a replacement. I ended up with a koyo radiator for half the price.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a oem one in Brisbane if your interested.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:52 AM

any1 replaced a top tank in one? how much u looking for bob?
koyo seems good but so does mishimoto. how much did the koyo set you back? OEM fitemnt?
Old 11-15-2011, 08:37 AM
Banned

Koyo, or Mishimoto are both good choices. I've owned both, and the Koyo looked to be better quality but the Mishi cooled the car almost as well. The only reason I even replaced the Mishimoto was because I got an insane deal on the Koyo. We carry another brand, CSF, but I have no 1st hand experience with them. I haven't heard anything bad, though.

Both radiators will fit like OEM. We've actually got the Koyo on sale right now. Which engine do you have? I'm not familiar with the specifics on the AUDM cars.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:38 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I have an ASI radiator bought from ebay. It is a good high capacity (52mm three row) radiator that has performed flawlessly.

On the negative side, the fan mount brackets were too high. Steve had the same problem and just bent his down. I cut mine and welded them lower and closer so there is a smaller gap between the fan shroud and core.

BUT, I was lucky. Your luck may vary. Whatever you do don't order from Warranty Radiators (on ebay, from China). They have a high level of negative feedback. Last night I ordered a fan shroud from them. I got an immediate message saying they had forgot the shipping and it would be another $60. I cancelled the order.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:57 PM

My radiator top tank cracked as well during heavy rain (Hot inside, Cold outside = crack). I only noticed cause my water temps were all over the place, so for the long haul, I wouldn't buy another plastic top tank one!

If you do buy a Koyo radiator, remember to also get a Nissan type radiator cap to fit as your Honda type cap will not fit. And also, anything that sits directly behind your radiator will lose some space (Had to modify my K&N FIPK).
Other than that, very well made unit. Clean welds and looks well designed.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:14 AM

well thanks for your input guys!! i guess ill bite the bullet and probably go with the mishimoto. ill check out ur site aswell vivid, and thanks for the reminder with the radiator cap
Old 11-16-2011, 06:17 AM

Buy a Koyo! They aren't that expensive. Here you go:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/KOYO-ALUM...item25563e2b22

Quick Reply: Radiator