Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

Right channel on my stereo!

Old 02-12-2003, 12:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Right channel on my stereo!

Hi all, i mentioned a little while ago that the right channel output when playing CD's was low, muffled and scratchy...have been comparing each side left to right with the balance knob and the right channel is hopeless, but only when playing a CD...is fine with radio or tape, as fine as can be that is with the stereo in the '99 model...it came good for a while so didn't pursue it further...out for a spin today and the problem is back....

Has anyone had this prob?...seeing it only occurs on CD it might be somewhere in the 6 stacker...might have to take it somewhere and try another stacker....hoping it's not the radio side of it as i believe it's a mongrel to get out...+ has anyone replaced the 6 with a 10 stacker from the '02 model?...the '02 has a 10 hasn't it?....Thanks for any help...Stan
Old 02-12-2003, 01:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had this exact problem but it hasn't returned as yet touch wood.
Do a search on speaker failure under the electronics forum and you'll see the responses that I got.

One was from Dhess saying that a friend of his had the problem and they went through and replaced each of his components with the stacker going last and that fixed the prob.

I took mine in with about 61K on the clock (not knowing what I know now) and they replaced the right speaker but this didnt fix anything. Since then HA returned to their usual form and told me a heap including my favourite stating that the stacker was a wear and tear item

I dont know if there is a left and right channel output from the stacker itself but if there is I would be taking a close look at the connection.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-12-2003, 02:09 AM

Most problems with low right speaker output can be attributed to
a Leg !

I find if I move my leg slightly to the left volume increases dramatically.
Old 02-12-2003, 02:24 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

The changer does have discrete channels as you'd expect. It does sound like either a changer or cable problem.

Try jiggling the cable first, then try swapping the changer.

And don't listen to any sh!t from Honda. It's not a wear and tear item. If they told me that I'd tear them a place to wear it.
Old 02-12-2003, 02:30 AM

Hmmm, I suppose that makes it a tear and wear item
Old 02-12-2003, 03:03 AM

Thanks guys, i'll unplug the stacker and see if a local car radio shop can plug another on and try it......only got 30k on the clock but out of warranty.....And thanks Austblue, i'll have a look at those other speaker forums...

2kturkey, you sure it was your LEG you moved to the left to increase the volume??!!!
Old 02-12-2003, 03:37 AM

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...ht=cd%20stacker

Thanks Austblue....i found your thread and exactly the same prob that you had as you said..29-9-02.....strange....will give HA a go even if it is out of warranty....(Dhess will get a laugh out of that) ....if it's the same speaker, right side, wonder how many others have had the prob?
Old 02-12-2003, 05:44 AM

Yep I had the same problem in my previous s2000, and another friend of mine had it too.

It took him 3 trips to the dealer before the incompetent retards worked it out. First they replaced the head unit. Then the speakers. Finally the stacker.

Good luck.
Old 02-12-2003, 12:35 PM

I stopped focusing on the prob when it started working again plus I was more concerned with my clutch issues.
But shit they were petty about my stacker! I mean its a $70000 car and they wanna get tight over a stereo component that probably costs them
To me this was a good indication of how they approach their customer relations.
Old 02-12-2003, 05:38 PM

Originally posted by Stanley
2kturkey, you sure it was your LEG you moved to the left to increase the volume??!!!
Sure was Stanley - my right leg blocks the sound from the speaker when I have my foot on the accelerator- if I angle my knee over to the left a little the volume increases considerably.

Quick Reply: Right channel on my stereo!