Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

Some early christmas presents for me

Old 12-21-2006, 11:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some early christmas presents for me

Just recently I've moved into a new unit and I've been buying a lot of stuff to fill it up with. I guess I just wanted to vent a little on how I've come across such vile people in such a short space of time.

First there was the ebay seller that I briefly posted about last week. They changed their mind about selling after the auction even though as per the stipulations of the sale I'd hired a ute and was waiting in the city for them. The seller then made up a story that they had to leave the country because of a death in the family and didn't know when they'd return. I said fine I'll wait I need the washing machine and I've now since purchased another some $160 dearer

Next, My partner and I went down to the Supacentre at Moore park and picked out a whole bunch of furniture that we wanted. I rang around during the week to see if I could get the price down being christmas and sure enough the Knotts pine at Minchinbury offered to have it delivered by today for $2200. That's $500 cheaper than the store at alexandria so I said fine I'll take it and gave him my credit card number. 5 minutes later the guy calls back up and says hey look I left something out its supposed to be $2800! Of course I was unimpressed and told the guy we'd agreed on a price and changing things after the deal was agreed was bad business. He then hung up on me. This was at 530pm on tuesday this week so I couldn't get through to the other store and order so now I'm stressing that I wont have a bed for christmas.

The next morning I contacted the store and had it ordered for delivery on Saturday. No worries. Until I check my balance and realise that they guy had debited my card for $2200 and not cancelled it I contacted the bank straight away (9pm) and the girl confirmed that the transaction was at the authorisation stage so the money was allocated but not transferred. I told her I wanted to dispute the charge and she said that'll take six weeks and there's nothing I can do in the mean time except to call and ask them to cancel it. I spoke to the owner at 9 yesterday and she apologised and cancelled the charge. Done.

His name is Steve and you can contact him on 9677 9269 if you'd like to have a chat or spend some time pricing a lot of furniture you have no intentions on buying

While this is all happening I also rang up about a plasma tv that was advertised in the trading post. I told the guy what I wanted to pay and after a couple of days he agreed and offered to drop it off on Wednesday afternoon. So while I was at work I asked my mum to take the $2750 out of the bank and I told Patrick I'd see him at 5pm. Patrick was a no show so I called him and he apologised said he couldn't make it. I said ok I'll come and get it on Friday I'll hire a ute and he agreed. Last night around 8pm I messaged him to confirm that I'd see him early in the morning at his house in Beecroft. Around midnight I recieved a message from him apologising that his wife sold the tv during the day.

I spoke to him this morning and called him out for agreeing on a price then selling to a higher bidder after I'd organised everything and even bought the wall frame for the tv. Sorry, he says. By the way here's the ad with his number if you'd like to give him a call.

Panasonic Viera Plasma TV Built in High definition, 127cm, latest model, unwanted prize, with warranty, includes stand $4000 neg EASTWOOD 0424-29 1580
STATE: NSW FIRST PUBLISHED: 5 Dec 2006
SOURCE: Private Classifieds (Weekly Trading Post (Sydney))

I have to say that I'm very bitter about the whole thing though I've actually met some nice people in my purchases. Just wanted to vent about these I suppose. Anyone else want to bitch and moan?
Old 12-21-2006, 12:06 PM

Wow. That's just not right.

Karma will bite those people in the arse when they least expect it.

...and surely enough they'll be asking, "Why is this happening to me? What did I do wrong?"
Old 12-21-2006, 12:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I need to vent some frustration regarding a recent rug cleaning incident. I can't name the company yet as I am still in dispute with them.

We have two hand woven indian wool rugs at home that are a cream colour, we have only had them 2 years but the one in the living room had some stains on it from coffee and/or wine drips and neither had ever had any stain resistant treatment, so we thought we would get the cleaned and treated so that they last longer.

I did some looking around and there were a variety of options from local independant guys who would come to the house and do it right up to a company based in Sydney that claims 80 years experience of just rug cleaning and they take the rugs away to clean professionally back at their shop. I spoke to them and they could also stain resistant treat them. Their website also stated that they dealt with wool rugs. They were probably the most expensive but I took that as a sign that they would do a professional job and not damage them.

How wrong was that assumption!!

They collected on a Monday (I had to work from home) and worked on them for a week. They then returned them the following Tuesday (had to work from home again). The delivery guy brought the first rug in and we unrolled it ... it was completely covered in orange stains! The backing is orange in colour so it appears the colour has come off the backing. Also it was out of shape, the edges were curved! We unrolled the 2nd rug and that too was covered in orange stains. The delivery guys were a bit embarrased and took them straight back without question.

After 2 days I had not heard a thing from the company, I had expected an apology call as soon as they received them back. So I called and the guy I spoke to not only never apologised but he was implying that it was not their fault, the colour has come through from the backing as they dried and they had no way to predict this .... did I mention they claim 80 (yes eighty!) years experience on their web site??? Also he said that wool rugs do go out of shape when they are washed ... what????!!

He said they would re-wash them and re-stretch them. So yesterday he personally returned the rugs to us (I had to work from home again). One of them is slightly better but still very stained, the other is no better at all and looks a complete mess, in fact it now also has 5 black lines running across the width of it which he could not explain.

They did not try and charge for the great job they have done in WRECKING our rugs but how does that help us??? I am now going to have to right to their MD and request they pay to replace them because they are beyond recovery and there is no way we can use them.

How would he like it if I offered to take his car away to be washed and in the process wrapped it around a street light, just to return and say I had no idea that would happen but hey I won't charge you for the wash. Grrrrr!

I am so p*ssed off with them.

Old 12-21-2006, 11:41 PM

some people are morons....nothing you can do about it.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:45 AM

Darn.. sorry to read about your troubles guys.

I am in the process of ordering a new kitchen and one of the bidders kept calling every other day to see if he got the job even though I had told him we were making a decision in the middle of this week. His main sales tool was his price (the cheapest) and he got all annoyed when I told him I wasn't going to decide on price alone. He could not understand why I would want to really think through a big ticket item like the kitchen I will be using every day for the next 10+ years. As far as he was concerned he had the best price and that should be all that was to it.

We went with someone else... :-)