Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

Supercharger Kits in Australia

Old 04-15-2014, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by s2kjn
Originally Posted by Chulos2k
^Sorry man just have to ask why did you go with a TTS kit if you already have an SOS stage 2 kit?
All good man

TTS uses Rotrex blowers which push far more torque than the novi's, and I'm currently using the n1200.

SOS kits also suffer from belt slip when using a 3"pulley or less (I'm currently using a 3.2) and you lose power. TTS' kit utilised an 8rib pulley and belt from memory, and you have the luxury of adjusting boost at your discretion with a restrictor plate in the rotrex blower.

I won't be doing this though, I'll be running full boost on the c38-91 (approx 18-20psi) on e85 on the stock engine. I'll be aiming for 450-500whp
Fair enough bro, I was just curious as to why you wouldn't go turbo being that you have already experienced a SC setup.

I know turbo is not for everyone, but If I was to do it all over I'd go turbo.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:49 AM

This pretty much covers my reasons over using a turbo - for now mind you, before I decided on continuing supercharging again, I was really close to getting one of the kings performance stage one kits, inline pro stage two or the full blown motorsports but decided otherwise!

http://www.tts-performance.co.uk/#!why-use-a-supercharger/c1tce
Old 06-12-2014, 06:37 PM

Turbo FTW.
Old 06-12-2014, 07:45 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

No one in Aus makes a SC kit. A few import kits from the UK and US but you'll end up paying for freight anyway, can't avoid the duty and have to pay a premium.

And most US kits fit RHD anyway. SCs have very little to do with the hot side of the engine and that's where the steering rod runs. My original Comptech kit placed the FPR where the battery is on RHD. I just cut up the bracket and fitted it to the cross member. No biggy.

As to S2kjn going for another SC, to each their own, but I wouldn't be posting the sellers sales spiel as justification. It's hardly a non-biased account.
Old 07-06-2014, 07:56 PM

I am looking into the new Kraftwerks SC there is a supplier in Brisbane. Check out the thread on the other forum someone raced with it pulled good numbers.

Cheers
Russ
Old 07-07-2014, 09:44 PM

Much better move rus than trying to get a few extra kw's with a na setup and spending the same amount
Old 07-08-2014, 10:40 PM

I was thinking about selling the S2k for few personal choices like wanting more Power?, something for the Family? well decided my Mrs has a family car and the s2k is for me lol. Have decided to go super charge after seeing the thread in forced induction Old Kraftwerks VS New Kraftwerks and man what a weapon there is a video
that's impressive 13.0 quarter mile. I have contacted supplier and thinking organising a group buy if there is demand.

Cheers
Russ
Old 07-10-2014, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by rus21s
I was thinking about selling the S2k for few personal choices like wanting more Power?, something for the Family? well decided my Mrs has a family car and the s2k is for me lol. Have decided to go super charge after seeing the thread in forced induction Old Kraftwerks VS New Kraftwerks and man what a weapon there is a video
that's impressive 13.0 quarter mile. I have contacted supplier and thinking organising a group buy if there is demand.

Cheers
Russ
I doubt there would be demand for the kraftworks supercharger let alone a supercharger group buy.
How come your opting for kraftworks over SOS and TTS kit?
Old 07-10-2014, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by rus21s

Cheers
Russ
You're taking a risk buying any kit that hasn't had a year or two for the kinks to be worked out.