Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

Sydney Motor Show

Old 10-20-2003, 06:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where was the Boxster? I didn't see it at all.
Boy, that Gallardo was really something though. I like it more than the 360 but it would be an insane purchase!
Old 10-20-2003, 06:53 PM

Guys here is a link to some pix taken by the guys over at clubrsx

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?s...threadid=113900
Old 10-20-2003, 06:59 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Here's my photos.
Old 10-20-2003, 07:14 PM

Originally posted by Bernie
Where was the Boxster? I didn't see it at all.
Done in the Motorcycle hall.

It's not just show. It's got a 3.6L twin turbo boxer producing 380kw!
Old 10-20-2003, 07:24 PM

That Boxster is only a Boxster in shape (vaguely)!

It must have got the block from the 996 turbo dropped into it.

I don't think I'd try to burn that in the S2000
Old 10-20-2003, 07:32 PM
tze

The Honda stand was absolutely pathetic - why is BmW allowing ppl to climb all over its $120K 5series, yet Honda wont even allow the general public touch the shift knob in the s2000... rx8 and 350z were both available to kick and beat if anyone had so wished.

Anyway, more ranting, I see a honda sales guy in a suit and ask him about my04 - he says he knows nothing and points to the desk, I ask the desk, who hands me an 03 brochure - duh.. and points back to the guy as being the only person at present who would know anything..

I then ask if there were any head office reps (initiative please - double duh), and finally stumble on one.

Now, prying info from him was like pulling ants from a bumcrack! - he would not tell me anything - his answer to my question of whether it was similar to european or jdm spec was - its australian spec.. duh.

He confirmed that there wouldnt be a 2.2 - but wouldnt confirm anything else... I ask him, so is it worth buying an 03, or to hold off for an 04 - to which he replies that there wouldnt be much difference...

in other words, who knows what we are going to get- great job honda aus - spend mills getting a showstand, stock it w substandard sales ppl, and dont let ppl touch your precious interiors... your marketing dept should be fired.
Old 10-20-2003, 08:27 PM

The reason they won't talk about 04's is they are keen to sell some of the 03's that are sitting on dealers show room floors first.

I believe the current focus at Honda is the MDX so the S is taking a bit of a back seat.
Old 10-20-2003, 08:45 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tze He confirmed that there wouldnt be a 2.2 - but wouldnt confirm anything else... [COLOR=RED][I]I ask him, so is it worth buying an 03,
Old 10-21-2003, 12:19 AM

I remember when the STis first came to australia the first batch was sold before it hit Australian soil and from the sounds of things the same thing is happening in the US at the moment with the 04s. That is what being a loyal customer is about, they come to know that we are enthusiasts by spending good money on a top line car and join the car club, supporting the growth of the model only to be dealt with like fools when the new model comes out.

Strange thing is we recieved the 00 models before the US but now they are getting their first deliveries before we have a confirmed word from Honda! There has gotta be something very wrong with their marketing system if they are forcing themselves to hold out on the release of a global new model due to surplus stock.

This would be a perfect opportunity for them to raise the awareness of the model by releasing small amounts at first at a premium price making the slightly different '03 models seem very attractive at the reduced price. Really a marketing degree only takes 3 years and costs around $16000 think about how much they are losing because they are too ignorant to realise their target market is knocking the doors down.

I guess we shouldn't really expect much more from a company when the market have more product knowledge then its marketing sector
Old 10-21-2003, 01:31 AM

So.................................... which manufacturer has the best (female) models this year?

*will be on the prowl this weekend*

Quick Reply: Sydney Motor Show