Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

Sydney Motor Show

Old 10-21-2003, 01:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 10-21-2003, 11:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, as a pom who has been to a few UK motorshows over the years I have to say the 3 hours (yes we stretched it out that long!) at the motorshow here was a little dissapointing. I think the only new car launch was the Peugeot 307 CC.

Bad bad Honda, I also asked a guy at the desk if they had any info on the 04 S2000 and he gave me a current brochure and told me that it is hardly changing.

I have to say that the MDX is a nice motor, my wife would like a vehicle like this and has liked the X5 since it's launch, we looked at all the alternatives around the stands and MDX beat them all as a complete package.

I took the camera but apart from a couple of snaps there was not much there which I had not seen before.

Oh well, maybe in a year Honda might do us a good deal on an MDX and an '04 S2000!

- Adam.
Old 10-21-2003, 11:57 PM

A few American impressions of the new MY04

http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.p...threadid=157542

http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.p...threadid=157258

http://www.hondacars.com/images/banners/20...0_factsheet.pdf
Old 10-22-2003, 12:02 AM
tze

Ditto re austblues comments re the marketing -
re the gals - check out alfa!
Old 10-22-2003, 12:51 AM

I think the chics from the Mitsubishi stand were the hottest.

Very disappointed with the Honda stand. NSX is getting geriatric (it's been on display for last 10 years mind you ) With so many convertibles from other manufacturers on display, HOnda still fenced up the S2000.. a big mistake. What they should have done was to put a few S for people to climb in and out, and have an NSX open for people to sit in as well. Performance is the strongest sell point of all honda cars but yet the stand did not really stick with this theme. They should sack the person who organised the display.

I really liked the LIberty GT. Might go for a test drive in a few weeks time
Old 10-22-2003, 06:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They should sack the person who organised the display.
Thats funny, last year the Honda display was so dull, i pulled one of the 'stand stooges' aside and told him so.....Looks like they didn't take my tip this year......I didn't bother going....and the pic in this thread of the yellow S2k on the stand, did it have it's roof up for entire time?....not a nice way to show off a two seater sports car
Old 10-23-2003, 05:52 AM

Just got back from the show.

Yep.. Honda stand may as well not have been there. It was extremely crap this year. No new cars except for the new Euro Accord. Honda girls were nothing too special either. Can't even remember seeing any actually.

Holden stand was large with lots of Holden paraphenalia as per usual. Lots of westie's around that area too. They didn't seem to be anywhere but the Holden stand . I guess they just go to the show to see the Holden's. Why not just go to a dealer? (sorry, there were some rude ppl).

Lamborghini's were cool. Black Murcielago with a big sold sign on the front window. Lucky person...

There was also a soft toy Lambo Bull. Looked awesome. Cost = $1000 according to the sexy girl behind the counter with the pommy accent. It was also apparently one of a kind.

Ferrari's were same ol' same ol'. Still good to look at. No Enzo this time around.

BMW had the M3 CSL up on one of those little stands. Love that car.

Also got a video of the 350z putting its roof up. Damn it's an ugly car when the roof is up. The sales person was really trying to pitch these car. His opening words, "Listen up everyone, gather around the 350z's. Because <begin wog-like accent>they're sik bro <end wog-like accent>......" and so on.

Worked I guess. They got a crowd. This year they let people sit in them! Imagine that!

I recommend having a seat in the tiny smart roadster. Once seated you kinda forget that your in such a...ummmm...."unique" looking car. You sit very, very low. Surprisingly low. Kids were jumping all through them.

Ah well. I'll post photos soon. Bed now, gotta be up in 5 hours.

wil..
Old 10-23-2003, 02:17 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

The GF loved the Lambo bull toy too.

If you like the Smart Roadster you should check up on the Brabus Smart Roadster. Turbo V6 shoehorned into the back.
Old 10-23-2003, 04:34 PM

Nice!! hadn't heard about the Brabus version.
Recently bought a new dvd called "Tuning Elite" which goes through all the tuning shops in Germany. Brabus being one of them (Gemballa was there too). Amazing cars.

Amazing engine's.

I took a pic of the bull for the girly too. I wanted to buy it for her. LOL. But decided not to. hmmmm $1000, kinda came to my senses.

wil..

ps. the DVD is available from Wheels Bookshop 333 Church St. Parramatta.
Old 10-23-2003, 04:43 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Post the pic of the bull. I'll send it to Buffy.

Quick Reply: Sydney Motor Show