Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

UK mod exhaust

Old 05-12-2013, 07:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh wow, sounds a lot better actually. But say you get yellow stickered for something else, would this give you trouble with going over the pits?
Old 05-12-2013, 08:18 PM
xoz

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Personally doubt you'd have any problems, UK roadworthy tests have all passed, if you get a chance to read all 28 pages your question has been asked before. Dyno by King Motorsports version of this same mod : http://www.kingmotorsports.com/blog/...haust-Mod.aspx
Old 05-12-2013, 09:24 PM

isn't the regulation 90db at 4000rpm with the mic placed 1m away from the exhaust tip?
it would be interesting to see how much my exhaust puts out...its only slightly louder than standard at idle. but does get a fair bit louder under load. my gutt feeling is that it should pass noise emissions easy

xoz: nice link. but thats one tiny bypass hes got. its only 25mm

with an induction kit or even with the airbox lid off, its louder (under load) than the exhaust anyway.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:04 PM
xoz

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Tbh I have been having a hard time hearing my PRM blast off now, I seem to be staying under V Tec much more. I find myself engrossed in the note from this mod. If I have the road in front that let's me, the blend from this mod (aurally) to the point where the PRM sings is like a 2 part harmony. There is an aural balance out back and in front.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:18 PM

hehe sounds like you have found the perfect aural balance.

i've got the K&N FIPK, and it totally dominates the 38mm bypass. but to be honest, even my mates with oem open airbox's are loud as hell (only under load obviously).
Old 05-13-2013, 12:21 AM

ohh I'll have a read after I'm done with these assignments and such, I wonder if there's anyone in Perth with this mod so I could maybe check it out in real life.

Does removing the airbox make that much difference under load?
Old 05-13-2013, 12:34 AM

hope this helps:

38mm bypass mod
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfQbUBeImBg

to answer your question about the open airbox, take a look at this link. imagine the difference under load
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEOgIl92d1M
Old 05-14-2013, 08:03 AM

There seems to be a difference in that video but I didn't really notice much while driving with the air box top on and off. Maybe it's cause I never revved it passed 4k or cause the hood was down?

I kinda wanna do this mod but I think I'd rather do it on a spare exhaust incase I want to go back to the original one.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by decazo
There seems to be a difference in that video but I didn't really notice much while driving with the air box top on and off. Maybe it's cause I never revved it passed 4k or cause the hood was down?

I kinda wanna do this mod but I think I'd rather do it on a spare exhaust incase I want to go back to the original one.
Get on the loud pedal and you will notice a big difference in the sound with the airbox lid off. You must be drivin' Miss Daisy to not notice the difference
Old 05-15-2013, 02:30 AM

^^^

Quick Reply: UK mod exhaust