Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

(vent)went to purchase a Digital Camera today GRRR!! ARGGG!!!

Old 05-22-2002, 08:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default (vent)went to purchase a Digital Camera today GRRR!! ARGGG!!!

Geez. Customer service....where the hell has that gone these days?
Went to two different camera shops today. Had every intention to buy a camera (canon s40), went in, asked about the camera....was I told much? noooo. I mean fine, ok, I have already researched everything out and have decided on the s40 BUT hey try and sell me the damn thing please!!!

Not one person made an effort. I felt as though I was making their lives harder by just being there, and because of that there's no F*(KING way I'm gonna fork out near $2000 to any of those ppl. I actually had to try my hardest to get them to "sell" me the camera, prompting them with, "so what's the best price you can do?...really? you can't move? ok, seriously, what can you offer me?...oh, you can do that? cool....you can sweeten the deal a little more can't ya?....no??"

F**K!!!

What the hell do I have to do? Bloody walk in with a suit case full of money and show them that I have money and *want* to BUY NOW? Sure I was wearing casual clothes (jeans and woolen jumper), but that shouldn't make a difference. I bet if I walked back in there in my suit and tie they'd come to the party...But why should I have to make that effort??

Arrrgh!!!!

sorry guy's, I just had to share this crap with you. What do you guy's reckon I should do? I'm thinking of just buying online now....

wil..
Old 05-22-2002, 09:09 PM

R u not happy because they didn't give you a discount or because they think you couldn't afford it?
Old 05-22-2002, 10:25 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I don't get it. You had the money, they have the camera, what else is required?

And at the end of tha day Joe sales rep gets his $15 per hour and you don't have a camera.
Old 05-22-2002, 10:27 PM

Hi Wil..

I'm considering the same camera. looked at one in Fletchers on Walker St. North Sydney. The guy was very helpful and cooperative. I didn't press the price thou, haven't fully decided.

Wil.
Old 05-22-2002, 10:39 PM

If you guys want those I can do them for $1560 inc each.

Delivery is about 48 hours.
Old 05-22-2002, 10:50 PM

Originally posted by AusS2000

What? Is there anything you don't sell?
Old 05-22-2002, 10:56 PM

Originally posted by bloodwynch

What? Is there anything you don't sell?
Depends, make me an offer.

Seriously, over the years I have picked up distributor accounts for IT gear that I supply to customers. Most of the distributors also carry consumer level electronics too so I can get stuff at cost. Pretty cool huh!

I don't go out of my way to peddle this stuff, but hell, for you guys....
Old 05-22-2002, 11:20 PM

Originally posted by bloodwynch
R u not happy because they didn't give you a discount or because they think you couldn't afford it?
not happy because I expect some sort of service if I walk into a store....(discount was part of it, but the majority was the fact they didn't even try to give me options..you know the usual:- "well for this much you can get this camera..it has so and so features, which are similar but doesn't have these, here I'll take a picture right now and show you what it looks like")

hmmmm...the original post was meant to be a whinge and whine. Didn't mean to come off all immature.

Originally posted by AusS2000

That's awesome Aus!!!

$1560 with manufacturer's warranty, awesome. What do I need to do (how to pay, take delivery, etc.)?
wil.palijo@bigpond.com

wil..
Old 05-23-2002, 02:49 PM

I agree with Wilch that it's very annoying to encounter poor service. The only solution is to keep trying a few more shops/outlets until you find someone who takes an interest in you and the product.

Anyway, it looks like that as a result of walking out of those stores and having a vent here you'll end up getting a better deal from Aus.
Old 05-23-2002, 05:52 PM

Originally posted by danprice
I agree with Wilch that it's very annoying to encounter poor service. The only solution is to keep trying a few more shops/outlets until you find someone who takes an interest in you and the product.

Anyway, it looks like that as a result of walking out of those stores and having a vent here you'll end up getting a better deal from Aus.
Yup, just ordered one from Aus this morning , great price and relative security ordering online through him = me very happy. I love this place!

Originally posted by Wil_T

Hi Wil..

I'm considering the same camera. looked at one in Fletchers on Walker St. North Sydney. The guy was very helpful and cooperative. I didn't press the price thou, haven't fully decided.

Wil.
Yeah, I've been reading the reviews online, both actual reviews and buyer's comments. This camera at this price range is awesome value. It scored a 9/10 in each category (can't remember all the category names) but they were the usual picture quality, ease of use, features, etc.

The sample images were great too! What I like about this camera is that it also has full manual operation as well as the full auto stuff, so if you want to be a little arty you can. The other camera I was looking at was the Olympus c4040. This on paper (it's own brochure) looked great. But the reviews were very bad, both "actual" reviews and buyer's comments, and the comparitive sample images were just not as good as the cannon powershot s40's. A few ppl in this buyer's comments section actually traded in their c4040's for cannon powershot s40's.

wil..

Quick Reply: (vent)went to purchase a Digital Camera today GRRR!! ARGGG!!!