Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

Where do you buy racing seats in Australia?

Old 10-17-2011, 01:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where do you buy racing seats in Australia?

Hey all

My standard seats are worn, torn and a little busted. It is time to replace them.

I want seats that aren't too chunky, one size and red.

I have interest in Recaro Pole Position, Bride Zeta III and sparco Evo. However, any seats that anyone else is using that I may have missed, please list here.

Anyway I was just wondering where you buy these things in Australia? There are plenty of each on ebay, but most are international and cost more than the seat itself in shipping.

Also, anyone who has racing seats in their s2000, I will greatly appreciate pictures for some inspiration.

I'm also a bit of a noob when it comes to fittin seats, is it just a matter of getting the right seat rails and a seat that isn't too wide for the car?

Thanks
Old 10-17-2011, 01:47 PM

S2KAdrenalin was selling some seats....

Check the forsale thread.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by tak_one_77
S2KAdrenalin was selling some seats....

Check the forsale thread.
Wow that's a very good price on those Mugens but I'm after seats in red. I have a bit of an overall color scheme.

I know they are probably a fair bit better than the seats I am looking at, but they won't suit the overall look that I am going for.
Old 10-17-2011, 02:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Recaro pole positions are the best entry level bucket seat for the s2000.

They are FIA Approved ( unlike mugen or spoon seat)

They are a perfect fit in the s2000, full access to glovebox and doesn't hit the door trim.

They are under 8.5 kilos each

Retail in Australia is 799-899 max each which is alot cheaper now due to the Aussie dollar.

You can order from Racer Industries (google them)

You will need side mount rails I use buddyclub. They aren't the best the slider doesn't work properly as they bind. But they are readily available and not too pricey.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by MAD828
Recaro pole positions are the best entry level bucket seat for the s2000.

They are FIA Approved ( unlike mugen or spoon seat)

They are a perfect fit in the s2000, full access to glovebox and doesn't hit the door trim.

They are under 8.5 kilos each

Retail in Australia is 799-899 max each which is alot cheaper now due to the Aussie dollar.

You can order from Racer Industries (google them)

You will need side mount rails I use buddyclub. They aren't the best the slider doesn't work properly as they bind. But they are readily available and not too pricey.
Thank-you very much for this! The Pole Positions are probably my favorite looking too. Had never heard of Racer Industires until now, they look great.

I read in another thread that Pole Positions can feel a bit low on the shoulders when equipped with a harness. This won't bother me currently, but I may install a harness in future. I'm 6'1.

How do you find the pole positions fit you and how tall are you? Do you have any pics?

I'm not too worried about the seat rails not sliding properly, I don't plan on sliding them back and forth very often.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:33 PM

Also, do you need FIA approved seats to enter in cams events?

Recaro Pole Positions also look like they are made for slightly larger people. I am very skinny at the moment as I lost a lot of weight in hospital recently.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:15 AM

I do supersprints and they dont check the seats for this particular racing. For door to door yes they will.

Id rather FIA homologated as its passed the stringent saftey requirments. I run a 4 point harness and HANS device too with this seat, its fine for use with a harness im 5'8. 84 kilos, if anything the pole positions are good comfort and offer decent lateral support. The sides dont sit as high an an SPG.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by MAD828
I do supersprints and they dont check the seats for this particular racing. For door to door yes they will.

Id rather FIA homologated as its passed the stringent saftey requirments. I run a 4 point harness and HANS device too with this seat, its fine for use with a harness im 5'8. 84 kilos, if anything the pole positions are good comfort and offer decent lateral support. The sides dont sit as high an an SPG.
Thanks.

I will probably go with Pole Positions or spg's, depending what comes up first in red.

Also, how do you run a harness and keep your s2000 street legal? I didn't think harnesses were legal in Australia.

I'm trying to do up my s2000 to keep it street legal and good enough for track. I want to be able to drive it to the track, do the event and drive back.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:51 AM

I run the harness for events only, like most other people.

I drive my car to and from the track no worries.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:30 AM

Hi
My 2c worth.
If you want full seat rail adjustability, you could modify the OEM seat rails, dependant on how hands on you are.
You need to separate rails from seat mount, keeping the mechanism needed for locking, laser cut mounting plates for seats & bolt all together. Make seatbelt mount if using oem buckle.
Im in the process atm with a Velo GP90. Waiting on laser cutter for the sides mount plate that go between the seat & OEM rails.

Quick Reply: Where do you buy racing seats in Australia?