Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

who has had the aircon tsb done in oz?

Old 09-17-2001, 11:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default who has had the aircon tsb done in oz?

Had my 20,000km service last week. Asked my dealer to fix my air conditioner water leak on the passenger floor ... a**hole service manager said the TSB (which I supplied a copy of) is USA only! Can't fix it until Honda Australia advises them. Anyone had it done here; if so dealer that you used?

Honda service results in one look...
Old 09-18-2001, 01:39 AM

Damn, what an ass ... They try to pull it off with the lamest excuse in the book. Sorry, can't help you with that problem there but I suppose if you have that problem with or without the TSB it should be fixed. This sorta stuff is covered under warranty with no charge. How can you expect to drive with water in the cabin? Challenge him if you have to, I don't see why not. That is why I hate going to dealerships for anything at all.

Old 09-18-2001, 05:32 AM

Which dealership is this , sounds like honda servicing are not too well regarded in Oz
Old 09-18-2001, 02:58 PM

Actually, I'm quite interested to know which dealership in Sydney actually does treat its customers like VIPs when it comes to servicing and customer care. I believe the majority of dealerships are complete screw-ups doing things at snail's pace while charging the maximum possible for all jobs.

Old 09-18-2001, 06:55 PM

I can't believe the dealer said that to you silverardo... nevermind that Oz may not have that TSB but as Takashi pointed out , water in the cabin should be covered under the warranty... I certainly would think that if my aircon. leaks and there is a known problem with it that Honda Aust. better fix it...
If the dealer service manager gives u grief go higher up and ring Honda Australia... we shouldn't have to put up with this shite!!

I hope they fix your car.
Old 09-18-2001, 08:18 PM

Good luck.

For some reason, Australian (not just Honda) car service centres have the attitude that something is only faulty if it completely fails in 100% of every case.

How many of us are driving around with our clutches/gearboxes buzzing, whilst the rest of the world gets theirs replaced no questions asked? Not to mention the 2nd gear grind, cloudy rear windows and faulty window mechanism.

I'd say they will never fix our aircon, unless it leaks, rusts your floor out and actually poses some sort of risk to your life. If you look at the list of TSBs, the ONLY ones that have been openly addressed in Aus is the seatbelt and the Hood cover (which affected the seatbelt), ie the ones that threatened life.

Honda cars are great, it's just Australian attitudes towards providing quality customer satisfaction that gets me mad.
Old 09-19-2001, 03:26 AM

kloster honda in newcastle won this years honda service dealer of the year, they were runners up the past 3 years ans i can testify that dave brown and the boys are the best, they go out of their way to treat customers right.
Old 09-21-2001, 05:32 AM

How about service dealerships in Sydney, any in Sydney get a mention...?
Old 09-22-2001, 05:09 PM
tze

TAKASHI

Out of interest, given that your S2k is an import, how/where do you service your baby?

And will Honda honour warranty?

Cheers
Old 09-22-2001, 11:08 PM
Col

So far I have no complaints with Trivett Classic at Parramatta. I was told before hand never to mention the Web and TSBs just the problem. I had this water problem very early in the car's life and it was the drain hose not correctly fitted. Unfortunately it is badly positioned and any tall passengers who push their feet up undere the dash near the centre consolwe will dislodge the hose so I am on the look out.

I know Rich Damelion are the NSW HSCC sponsors but after their so called pre-delivery where they left in the spring spacers (and then denied it...), set the clock according to the tick on the pre-delivery check, checked the boot light but it didn't work (wire disconnected...), etc., I wouldn't trust them with servicing my push bike let alone the S2K. Even after I pointred this out to the service manager all he did was shrug and say sorry, I suggested they give me the $1,900 and I would do it according to the book as they certainly couldn't read.

Quick Reply: who has had the aircon tsb done in oz?