S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Auto Racing Discussion (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/auto-racing-discussion-150/)
-   -   2009 FORMULA 1 ETIHAD AIRWAYS ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/auto-racing-discussion-150/2009-formula-1-etihad-airways-abu-dhabi-grand-prix-740886/)

A 2 10-26-2009 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by i_s2k,Oct 26 2009, 10:31 AM
:iagree:++ and also :iagree: 8_ball too :D

Supercars Exposed isn't too lame except for 2 things lately: too many re-runs and the co-host chick in the newer episode is lame for sure!!!

Tanner Foust is good and with the right production team can be quite a good showman. However within the constraints & possibly small budget Supercars exposed is decent fare.

I'd love to see more of the Koni Challenge races being broadcast, but I guess thats not going to happen with all the time dedicated to NASCAR programming.

GateCrasher 10-27-2009 05:56 AM

I want to be in an F1 car (or more realistically my s2000) and floor it down that Pit lane tunnel....

This track is powered solar energy panels from Suntech Power Holdings....

GateCrasher 10-28-2009 04:01 PM

2 day till the last practice of the season.

I don't think heat will be an issue (compared to Bahrain) this time of year.

A 2 10-28-2009 05:05 PM

^^ Heat is good for the Brawns. Hoping for another Brawn 1-2 to finish off the season in style :thumbup: , but I'd give that up for an awesome well-fought race full of battles like we saw in Brazil :)

A 2 10-29-2009 06:50 AM

Boys come on now, grow up :D
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/79824

You guys think Jarno will pay Sutil back this time :shrug:

Jarno Trulli and Adrian Sutil continued with their heated debate over their accident at the Brazilian Grand Prix, with another fallout during Thursday's press conference in Abu Dhabi.

Trulli, showing photographs of the accident to prove his point, was still angry at his Force India rival, who was baffled to understand why the Italian was "freaking out".

"I think we're going to discuss it probably tomorrow in the drivers' briefing and in the GPDA briefing," Trulli said. "Obviously it was very disappointing to end the race like that, especially on the first lap.

"Obviously I think I had every reason to be extremely furious. I've got all the evidence to show that I was there, I was next to him, so I think tomorrow we are going to discuss it."

Sutil said he saw no reason to continue the debate.

"I think there's nothing to discuss. It was a quite obvious incident," he said. "In the end it was a very disappointing for myself, even more, I think, because I was the one who was just driving and he lost control of his car and crashed in my back so it was not my problem, it was his problem.

"I don't know why he's freaking out like that, to be honest."

Trulli continued: "If you want, I can show you some pictures. I don't know if you're blind but they clearly show you that my front wing is next to your front wing so.."

Sutil again insisted he saw no problem with the incident.

"You're trying to overtake me on the outside on the kerbing. There was not a problem," the German said.

"You were just not going off the power. The same happened in Barcelona where you lost control again and crashed again into a Force India car."

Trulli, who was fined for confronting Sutil after the Interlagos crash, refuted the suggestions.

"In Barcelona I spun and he hit me because he tapped the kerb, he completely cut the circuit and he didn't slow down."

Sutil responded: "No, no. Watch the race in Barcelona. I didn't hit you, you hit me. I don't know what's the problem, but maybe your eyes are a problem."

The FIA has some wry sense of humor having TOM & JERRY sit next to each other at the conference :rofl:
http://cdn.images.autosport.com/edit...1256826638.jpg

beanseff 10-29-2009 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by aashish2,Oct 29 2009, 06:50 AM
The FIA has some wry sense of humor having TOM & JERRY sit next to each other at the conference :rofl:

:rofl:

i want a ferrari 1,2 but with fisi in the car the best i can hope for is a 1, 12

A 2 10-29-2009 08:10 AM

^^ :roflmao: poor Fisi....he probably had a better chance of going out on a high at Force India, but hey! he's realized his lifelong dream of driving a Ferrari and he is certainly better than Look How Bad You Are :D

i_s2k 10-29-2009 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by GateCrasher,Oct 28 2009, 05:01 PM
2 day till the last practice of the season.

I don't think heat will be an issue (compared to Bahrain) this time of year.

I wonder how badly the sand will affect the cars... IMHO that is the worst factor about the tracks in that region.

A 2 10-29-2009 01:32 PM

^^ Me thinks they'd have figured out how to deal with sand by now considering this is not the first time they are racing in West Asia.

i_s2k 10-29-2009 08:55 PM

^^^
How would one (from a race car engineering standpoint) deal with the sandy surface? Tyres supplier has to come up with tyres to work in such surface, right?

IMHO - sands sprinkled around / blown around the track probably make the car run like they run on the marbles (rubber bits off tyres). The big difference is that marbles tend to just accumulate off the race line but sands being much lighter, they can get blown back on the race line much easily... just my 2 cents...