Auto Racing Discussion F1, IRL, Champ Car, Nascar, WRC, BTCC, etc. Discuss recent races, results.
View Poll Results: Pick the winner at Yas Marina on Sunday
Nico Rosberg
16.67%
Lewis Hamilton
66.67%
Daniel Ricciardo
0%
Sebastian Vettel
0%
Max Verstappen
16.67%
Kimi Räikkönen
0%
Sergio Pérez
0%
Valtteri Bottas
0%
Nico Hülkenberg
0%
Fernando Alonso
0%
Felipe Massa
0%
Carlos Sainz Jr.
0%
Romain Grosjean
0%
Daniil Kvyat
0%
Jenson Button
0%
Kevin Magnussen
0%
Felipe Nasr
0%
Jolyon Palmer
0%
Pascal Wehrlein
0%
Esteban Gutiérrez
0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

2016 FORMULA 1 ETIHAD AIRWAYS ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX (11/25 to 11/27)

Old 11-20-2016, 06:44 PM
A 2
Former Moderator

Received 158 Likes on 147 Posts
Default 2016 FORMULA 1 ETIHAD AIRWAYS ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX (11/25 to 11/27)

WEEKEND SCHEDULE:

Fri 25 November 2016
Practice 1 04:00 - 05:30
Practice 2 08:00 - 09:30

Sat 26 November 2016
Practice 3 05:00 - 06:00
Qualifying 08:00

Sun 27 November 2016
Race 08:00

CIRCUIT INFO

Lap data
Lap length 5.554km (3.451 miles)
Race laps 55
Race distance 305.355km (189.739 miles)
Pole position Right-hand side of the track
Lap record* 1’40.279 (199.388 kph) by Sebastian Vettel, 2009
Fastest lap 1’38.434 (203.125 kph) by Lewis Hamilton, 2011
Maximum speed (2011) 322.7 kph (200.516 mph) by Sergio Perez, Sauber
DRS zone/s (race) Two straights

Car performance
Full throttle 73%
Downforce level High
Gear changes per lap 68
Fuel use per lap 2.8kg

Strategy
Pit lane time loss 21.4 seconds
2012 prime tyre**: Soft (2011: Medium)
2012 option tyre**: Medium (2011: Soft)
*Fastest lap set during a Grand Prix
**Pirelli’s soft, medium and hard compounds are softer than those used in 2011

Old 11-20-2016, 06:49 PM
A 2
Former Moderator

Lewis for the win and Nico for WDC are my picks.

This being Abu Dhabi I am not sure how much fun the racing will be. We might very well witness a snoozefest. Brazil should really be the last race on the calendar. It's always nice to finish the season at a venue where the fans are passionate and involved.
Old 11-21-2016, 10:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^ Agreed.

Lewis first.
Nico a happy second and World Champion.

Next year will still have Mercedes as the top team with Lewis looking to regain the top spot.
Old 11-21-2016, 10:47 AM
Site Moderator

Received 2,586 Likes on 1,903 Posts

We could have a repeat of 2014 which would make for an interesting race

Voted Lewis
Old 11-26-2016, 07:39 AM

Received 1,102 Likes on 986 Posts

Voted Lewis.

WAG-Button will score points in his last F1 race, and HAAS will score points, Max will podium and Nico won't finish the race.
Old 11-26-2016, 07:43 PM

Received 464 Likes on 396 Posts

With father Keke a in the backseat,Nico will win the race,and the championship...´
Old 11-27-2016, 01:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats to Nico for the World Championship.
Good win for Lewis.
Next season should be more of the same but...

I'll call it early.
Lewis wins next year however it will be a little harder with more pressure from Daniel and Max.
Nico will have a down year. Not bad but it won't be as many Mercedes 1 - 2 finishes.
Mercedes will win the Constructor... For the last time.
Old 11-27-2016, 04:56 PM
A 2
Former Moderator

Congrats to Nico on a well-deserved championship. The race was rather engaging even though the venue was Abu Dhabi. I'll credit Max, Seb and Lewis holding up the pace for the excitement in this race.

Nico won fair and square and while Lewis is the better driver, a championship is not based on skill alone. Luck and tenacity play a part in it too. While the latter wasn't lacking for Lewis, the former wasn't smiling at him this season.

I hope the Mercedes domination is broken next season and we see another team emerge as front runners. While it'd be nice to see Ferrari at the top, I think it may be between Red Bull and Mercedes.

I'm excited this season about Haas. I think they did well. I hope they will bring an American driver to the grid sometime. I know they are working with Santino Ferucci as a development driver.

It was bittersweet to see JBs race end the way it did. Same kinda feeling watching Felipe Massa bow out. But their will be new personalities and newer drivers that I hope will do the sport good service. Alonso is still there and I hope the McLaren-Honda team return to their winning ways. Hopefully Zak Brown will be able to do what Martin Whitmarsh was trying to do before he was booted out. It also looks like the end for Ron Dennis in a leadership role and possibly Bernie too at some point as Chase Carey takes over the reins.

I for one will be looking forward to 2017 and hoping the newer cars make for more exciting and close racing.
Old 11-27-2016, 05:05 PM
A 2
Former Moderator

Lewis denies using dirty tricks. I think he wasn't, but he was being unsportsmanlike backing his teammate up. But there is nothing called sportsmanship any more, so I guess it is what would be considered fair play.

Lewis Hamilton denies using 'dirty tricks' to prevent Nico Rosberg winning title - BBC Sport

Here is what Seb said :lol:

Vettel closed on to Rosberg's rear wing on the final lap but could not pass.

He said over the radio to the Ferrari team: "It was a tricky situation at the end with Lewis playing dirty tricks."

and Toto Wolff had this to say:
Mercedes team boss Toto Wolff said he had not decided whether to take some form of action against Hamilton for disobeying team orders.

"I need to form an opinion, which I haven't yet," Wolff said.

"Undermining a structure in public means you are putting yourself before the team.

"Anarchy doesn't work in any company but the other half of me says that it was his only chance of winning the championship and maybe you cannot demand a racing driver who is arguably the best out there to comply with something where his instincts cannot make him comply.

"It's about how to resolve that in the future because a precedent has been set."

Wolff said the team had asked Hamilton to speed up because their computer models showed the race win was under threat from Vettel, who was on much fresher tyres and going more than a second faster, even if Hamilton increased his speed.
Old 11-28-2016, 03:42 PM

Received 1,180 Likes on 908 Posts

Originally Posted by A 2
Lewis denies using dirty tricks. I think he wasn't, but he was being unsportsmanlike backing his teammate up. But there is nothing called sportsmanship any more, so I guess it is what would be considered fair play.

Lewis Hamilton denies using 'dirty tricks' to prevent Nico Rosberg winning title - BBC Sport

Here is what Seb said :lol:

Vettel closed on to Rosberg's rear wing on the final lap but could not pass.

He said over the radio to the Ferrari team: "It was a tricky situation at the end with Lewis playing dirty tricks."

and Toto Wolff had this to say:
Mercedes team boss Toto Wolff said he had not decided whether to take some form of action against Hamilton for disobeying team orders.

"I need to form an opinion, which I haven't yet," Wolff said.

"Undermining a structure in public means you are putting yourself before the team.

"Anarchy doesn't work in any company but the other half of me says that it was his only chance of winning the championship and maybe you cannot demand a racing driver who is arguably the best out there to comply with something where his instincts cannot make him comply.

"It's about how to resolve that in the future because a precedent has been set."

Wolff said the team had asked Hamilton to speed up because their computer models showed the race win was under threat from Vettel, who was on much fresher tyres and going more than a second faster, even if Hamilton increased his speed.
Thanks for the effort and the insight, A2. I've been absent for awhile (but lurking) because I've been so @#$%&* busy. I'll try to participate more from now forward.

Quick Reply: 2016 FORMULA 1 ETIHAD AIRWAYS ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX (11/25 to 11/27)