Auto Racing Discussion F1, IRL, Champ Car, Nascar, WRC, BTCC, etc. Discuss recent races, results.
View Poll Results: Pick the winner at the Shanghai International Circuit on Sunday
Sebastian Vettel
27.27%
Lewis Hamilton
72.73%
Valtteri Bottas
0%
Fernando Alonso
0%
Kimi Räikkönen
0%
Nico Hülkenberg
0%
Daniel Ricciardo
0%
Pierre Gasly
0%
Kevin Magnussen
0%
Max Verstappen
0%
Stoffel Vandoorne
0%
Marcus Ericsson
0%
Carlos Sainz Jr.
0%
Esteban Ocon
0%
Sergio Pérez
0%
Charles Leclerc
0%
Brendon Hartley
0%
Lance Stroll
0%
Romain Grosjean
0%
Sergey Sirotkin
0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

2018 Formula 1 Heineken Chinese Grand Prix - 4/13 to 4/15

Old 04-16-2018, 07:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I feel like Ferrari strategy has been poor 2 races in a row now. Vettel was able to bail them out in Bahrain, but I was mind blown they didn't just mirror Bottas with Vettel as soon as he pitted. He's already ahead 4-5 seconds, why leave him out? They had this race won, if not for the safety car situation I feel everyone would be talking about Ferrari choking away the win.

Getting real frustrated with Max too, the kid is talented, no doubt, but after 4 years now you'd think he'd finally learn patience and timing, starting to think he might never figure it out...

Also real nice to see the class from Vettel dealing with the whole situation, and of course happy to see Danny Ric get a W
Old 04-17-2018, 09:33 AM

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,420 Posts

Originally Posted by sam_spider
Enjoyable race to watch, may have been boring if it wasn't for Max's mess up(s).
I thought the energy went up 10x when the safety car was called. . . was going to see who was going to leverage it, and 2 stops in under 10 seconds for Red Bull changed the entire race. Pastor Maldonado Twitch Award Winner Max Verstappen's bad judgement was the sprinkles and cherry on the cake.

Originally Posted by rbtz
I feel like Ferrari strategy has been poor 2 races in a row now. Vettel was able to bail them out in Bahrain, but I was mind blown they didn't just mirror Bottas with Vettel as soon as he pitted. He's already ahead 4-5 seconds, why leave him out? They had this race won, if not for the safety car situation I feel everyone would be talking about Ferrari choking away the win.
I generally agree with you. . . but I can't help but wonder if 1.) Arrivabene was willing to bet long on the tires. 2.) Related, I wonder if the bet on the table is that the corner/exit speeds shown last year were going to be way more material through the season. 2a.) They're thinking about their clean air. . . but in agreement with you, not taking into consideration giving Merc more dirty air.

Getting real frustrated with Max too, the kid is talented, no doubt, but after 4 years now you'd think he'd finally learn patience and timing, starting to think he might never figure it out...
I think if his car hadn't crapped out so often last season, he'd have a few more podiums. . . but in reasonable comparison, Hamilton was impetuous almost to the point of dangerous early-on with McLaren; Hamilton made that comparison last week. The only thing that's a bit more dangerous with Verstappen is that his "risk calculator" is way less turned-on/up.

There have been passes he's done that remind me of driving in traffic around here:
"Okay, this person a few cars in front of me has to get over to that lane. . . . uhhh. . . wow. . . umm. . . oh god, they're gonna get all the way over into the lef. . . oh shit, they're doing it. . . there's no lane ther. . . WHY IS HE TRYING TO DO THAT THERE?!?!?!"