Auto Racing Discussion F1, IRL, Champ Car, Nascar, WRC, BTCC, etc. Discuss recent races, results.

Brawn's start to a downhill slide?

Old 06-25-2009, 04:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Brawn's start to a downhill slide?

Most interesting...

I can't help but wonder, what team is he going to?

Is it one of the new start-up teams that should be joining the game in '10, or has one of the big teams just flat out bought him right out from under Ross?

Shouls be interesting to see where he pops up...

Zander to leave Brawn
JUNE 25, 2009

Brawn GP's chief designer Jorg Zander is leaving the team. This has led to speculation that he may be bound for another team but it would be unusual for a designer to be allowed to leave with immediate effect if he is off to join a rival outfit. Normally designers are held to six months of "gardening leave" before they are allowed to work elsewhere. The only way around this problem is for the team that is losing the engineer to be paid handsomely to release him.

Brawn GP has no immediate need for money and would be better served by forcing Zander not to work elsewhere.

The team said that Zander "contributed significantly to our success" and thanked him for his work which would suggest that his release is not as a result of the other obvious explanation that the team does not care if the engineer joins another team or not, which suggests that it is happy enough to see him go.

Zander has moved around quite a lot during his F1 career, which began at Toyota in 2002. He moved to BAR in 2003 and then to Williams in 2005 but spent only a year there before moving to BMW Sauber and then switched to Honda in 2007.

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns21605.html
Old 06-25-2009, 05:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the move has already begun....BGP's car is largely unchanged while RBR, Ferrari, McLaren and BMW have made some big changes (BMW and McLaren's have not yielded dividend yet, but I think they will).

BGP was 1/2 - 3/4 of a lap behind with SV pulling out 1 sec/lap. Can't blame that entirely on cold tires...
Old 06-25-2009, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by matrix,Jun 25 2009, 08:04 AM
Can't blame that entirely on cold tires...
Some here can though
Old 06-25-2009, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by matrix,Jun 25 2009, 08:04 AM
while RBR, Ferrari, McLaren and BMW have made some big changes
I can't believe what Newey is doing with Red Bull.
I was so sure last year that SV was shooting himself in the foot by going to Red Bull when in '08 STR was faster, But boy was I wrong, SV in the RB, great change!
Old 06-25-2009, 10:03 AM

He has made that car a monster right now, they were clearly the fastest car.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Triple-H,Jun 25 2009, 07:03 AM
Some here can though
who?! haha

Brawn had a good opening to the season but I think the competition is finally catching (or caught up). Look to see Vettel consistently on the podium and hopefully some more red up there too
Old 06-26-2009, 10:55 AM
Banned

LOL triple h back from the dead after a Red Bull win when Brawn took 4 in a row. No upgrades? We had a few....major one is this coming round in the Naziburgring as Member #12 would say.

Let's face it....the Silverstone track is nothing more than a glorified oval. The BGP is not the fastest car straightline, and did not play into the BGP's hands which are the technical tracks and hot temps (which is logical because all races are held in Summer and late Spring days.) Brawn will smoke....you hear me.....Smoke Red Bull so bad that you'd think it was Tyrone Biggums piloting the RB5.
Old 06-26-2009, 11:06 AM
Banned

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quPkj60KyHI [/media]&feature=related
Old 06-26-2009, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by GPMike,Jun 26 2009, 02:55 PM
LOL triple h back from the dead after a Red Bull win when Brawn took 4 in a row. No upgrades? We had a few....major one is this coming round in the Naziburgring as Member #12 would say.

Let's face it....the Silverstone track is nothing more than a glorified oval. The BGP is not the fastest car straightline, and did not play into the BGP's hands which are the technical tracks and hot temps (which is logical because all races are held in Summer and late Spring days.) Brawn will smoke....you hear me.....Smoke Red Bull so bad that you'd think it was Tyrone Biggums piloting the RB5.
So why'd you say: BRAWN WILL WIN SILVERSTONE!!!!!!! 1,2 WIN blah blah blah.....

FAIL
Old 06-26-2009, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Birel186,Jun 26 2009, 03:41 PM
So why'd you say: BRAWN WILL WIN SILVERSTONE!!!!!!! 1,2 WIN blah blah blah.....

FAIL
OWNED....

Quick Reply: Brawn's start to a downhill slide?