Auto Racing Discussion F1, IRL, Champ Car, Nascar, WRC, BTCC, etc. Discuss recent races, results.

Honda waiting on Fernando

Old 09-06-2008, 09:57 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda waiting on Fernando

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/06092008/58/...ing-alonso.html

Fernando Alonso is the best driver in Formula One and Honda still hope to sign him for 2009, team principal Ross Brawn has said.

"We are just waiting," he said at the Belgian Grand Prix.

"My view is that he's the best driver in Formula One at the moment and we're happy to wait and hope that he makes a positive decision for us."
Old 09-06-2008, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by GPMike,Sep 6 2008, 09:57 AM
I think the main reason Ross Brawn wants him is because of his expertise in car development and setup.
I never liked Alonso, always thaught of him to be too much of a prima donna but this year he really proved himself to be the man when it comes to driving a F1 car.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by [gTr
,Sep 6 2008, 07:09 PM] I think the main reason Ross Brawn wants him is because of his expertise in car development and setup.
I never liked Alonso, always thaught of him to be too much of a prima donna but this year he really proved himself to be the man when it comes to driving a F1 car.
so he wasn't the man in 2005 and 2006 when it came to driving an F1 car?
Old 09-07-2008, 10:23 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TriaXenginE,Sep 7 2008, 06:15 PM
so he wasn't the man in 2005 and 2006 when it came to driving an F1 car?
Maybe he was just a boy then?
Old 09-07-2008, 04:33 PM

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news...907223027.shtml

looks like BMW wants him.

Hope he goes to honda though. POS person going to a POS team... match made in heaven. I don't expect much from Honda till 2010
Old 09-07-2008, 05:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Birel186,Sep 7 2008, 08:33 PM

Hope he goes to honda though. POS person going to a POS team... match made in heaven. I don't expect much from Honda till 2010
And your piece of shit team has the most over rated done nothing piece of shit alive, and who will cost them there 2nd loss in the WDC Louise Hamilton.

At least my team didnt cheat by stealing a better teams secrets then get penalized 100 million Euros!!

You might want to reconsider your future employmeny plans sunshine.

McLaren is dead till Snivley is gone. Mark my words.
Old 09-07-2008, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Marco,Sep 7 2008, 09:04 PM
And your piece of shit team has the most over rated done nothing piece of shit alive, and who will cost them there 2nd loss in the WDC Louise Hamilton.

At least my team didnt cheat by stealing a better teams secrets then get penalized 100 million Euros!!

You might want to reconsider your future employmeny plans sunshine.

McLaren is dead till Snivley is gone. Mark my words.
your team that got DQed for running under the weight limit with a secondary fuel tank?

look for employement... mine looks good. I have plenty of TOP RANKING friends in F1, IRL, ALMS, Grandam!

And my teams are Mclaren, Williams... Where I actually know people. along with other teams.
Let me guess Honda is ur team cause u own a S2000!!! ooooh good for you.

Old 09-07-2008, 05:40 PM

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news...907133440.shtml

Hamilton starting the Belgian GP from the pole
Lewis Hamilton is 'lucky' to be in his current position at the top of the drivers' championship, his former McLaren team-mate Fernando Alonso said at Spa Francorchamps.

"We'll see how it ends," the Spaniard, who most certainly is not the 23-year-old Briton's biggest admirer, told the Spanish newspaper Diario AS.

"I feel it is the same as last year; fast at all the circuits, very steady, but with luck always on his side," Alonso continued.

The 27-year-old points out that without Kimi Raikkonen and Felipe Massa's recent engine failures, or Raikkonen's exhaust problem on the way to victory in France, Hamilton's position would not be as comfortable.

On his own future, meanwhile, Alonso played down suggestions overnight that if Massa and Raikkonen fail to secure the title, a door at Ferrari may open for him in 2009.

"It would not change much," he insisted. "If Ferrari want me, they will hire me, and if they do not, they won't. Who wins the title or not is not going to change anything."

I hate alonso. what hypocrite. Yea he won the 05' title cause of PURE LUCK... how many times did Kimi unluckily have engine problems that made him start from the back. Remember Japan... started last, and passed fisichella on the last lap for the lead.
Old 09-07-2008, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Birel186,Sep 7 2008, 05:40 PM
Lewis Hamilton is 'lucky' to be in his current position at the top of the drivers' championship,

but with luck always on his side," Alonso continued.

I hate alonso. what hypocrite. Yea he won the 05' title cause of PURE LUCK... how many times did Kimi unluckily have engine problems that made him start from the back. Remember Japan... started last, and passed fisichella on the last lap for the lead.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAH........just goes to prove that this FA's opinions are so far from reality that there's really no words to describe it.

Lewis Hamilton is NOT LUCKY and the outcome of the Belgian GP is only evidence of it.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Marco,Sep 7 2008, 08:04 PM
Oh don't go making Honda sound like some pure white, above reproach team.
Have you forgotten the 2005 double gas tank situation already?
All teams find themselves in trouble sooner or later, to me this just proves they are working.

FA looks to be going to BMW anways, just mark up another loss for Honda...

Quick Reply: Honda waiting on Fernando