Auto Racing Discussion F1, IRL, Champ Car, Nascar, WRC, BTCC, etc. Discuss recent races, results.

LH penalty

Old 09-07-2008, 10:54 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LH penalty

http://sports.in.msn.com/formulaone/storie...umentid=1480766

Keep defending indefensible History repeats itself today at Spa.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:01 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

To quote the story you just posted:

The 20-year-old German said Hamilton would not have been penalised had he immediately let him take back the position.

"He cut the chicane completely. I had a similar situation at the Monaco chicane, when I was too late on the brakes. I overtook two cars but I let them go again and so the issue was settled.

"If someone stays out in front, there is a penalty. I think he should have let me past again because he had a better car and could have passed me again."
Which, of course, is what Hamilton did do this time.

Besides, no matter what Vettal says, that penalty in France was pretty dodgy too. None of the SPEED comentators agreed with it, for instance.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:16 AM

after reviewing the video countless times and reading others opinions/reactions i will not state my position on this matter as it sparks too much controversy....i just hope hamilton sucks it up and realizes that shit happens and that its not the end of the world
Old 09-07-2008, 11:28 AM

If the world were fair, MS would have been penalized when he did the exact same thing -- but did NOT give position back in 2006... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5UnPeyzcHM

He was not penalized for this.

Go figure, LH and McLaren have bad luck again at Spa -- but Kimi had worse luck as its the 2nd race he did not finish.

Luckiest guy on track is Massa, he didn't even have to compete to win the race. That is the best kind of sport, where you win by not even trying!

Video of LH's pass: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAD3yUUefoQ
Old 09-07-2008, 04:21 PM

It's BS!!!!

How do u penalize Lewis after raikkonen forced him off track and then double blocked him down the straight. and then kimi CRASHES regardless!

The penalty would be to the benefit of kimi. not for massa.

Who criticized me when i said FIArrari?
Old 09-07-2008, 04:37 PM
Banned

Cause KR did NOT force him off track.
KR HAD the racing line.

The piece of crap got what she deserved.

And about Chinmacher... he did not get penality?? Louise said she is already better that the Chin.

Guess what Ms Snivley and Louise lovers...

She couldnt eat the corn from Heir Chins shit.

This is 100% FACTUAL
Old 09-07-2008, 04:39 PM
Banned

Marco I sent you a pm.

Pop the Dom Perignon!!
Old 09-07-2008, 04:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

F1 has turned into a judged sport. Just like gymnastics. Oh, the Romanian judge scored 10.0 for the Romanian gymnast, but every other judge scores 8.0. How many Ferrari fans exist in the steward crew, I wonder?

WTF, this is garbage. The ordinary situation here (assuming you consider Louis' second pass to be illegitimate) is that race control asks the offending car to let the illegally passed car go by. In this case Kimi had crashed out. It violates the spirit of the rule to penalize LH by letting other cars past when Kimi had already crashed out. A financial penalty would have been in order.
Old 09-07-2008, 04:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by motocrossmann,Sep 7 2008, 07:39 PM
F1 has turned into a judged sport. Just like gymnastics. Oh, the Romanian judge scored 10.0 for the Romanian gymnast, but every other judge scores 8.0. How many Ferrari fans exist in the steward crew, I wonder?

WTF, this is garbage. The ordinary situation here (assuming you consider Louis' second pass to be illegitimate) is that race control asks the offending car to let the illegally passed car go by. In this case Kimi had crashed out. It violates the spirit of the rule to penalize LH by letting other cars past when Kimi had already crashed out. A financial penalty would have been in order.
Those are not the rules as written by the FIA.

Please tell me where LH slows....slows being the key word, and relinquishes the position to KR and returns behind him in the racing line. LH NEVER SLOWED!!!!!!
Old 09-07-2008, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Marco,Sep 7 2008, 08:37 PM
Cause KR did NOT force him off track.
KR HAD the racing line.

The piece of crap got what she deserved.

And about Chinmacher... he did not get penality?? Louise said she is already better that the Chin.

Guess what Ms Snivley and Louise lovers...

She couldnt eat the corn from Heir Chins shit.

This is 100% FACTUAL
i see you've never done any racing except on video games.

u don't know shit.

then lewis should have tapped kimi's left rear. and gotten what HE deserved. But then Im sure you'd bash him for "taking out kimi".

Quick Reply: LH penalty