Auto Racing Discussion F1, IRL, Champ Car, Nascar, WRC, BTCC, etc. Discuss recent races, results.

Montoya wins first NASCAR race

Old 03-04-2007, 05:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Montoya wins first NASCAR race

not like i care that much, but i enjoy the debates on whether or not he is superior (coming from F1) to all the rednecks racing along side him. i'd be interested to see how he does in the rest of the year.

btw, Pruett is bitching cuz he was bumped and spun. yeah, they'll do it all day, but cry like babies when it happens to them. way to go JPM!
Old 03-04-2007, 05:57 PM

I suspected he'd do well in the series, but never expected him to win this soon. I'm impressed.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:32 PM

Received 458 Likes on 270 Posts

I have been following JPM's career for years. I "knew" that he had what it took years ago at a CART race at Mid-Ohio when he did the number three booggie through the grass after over cooking a turn and got the car air borne then back on track without missing a beat. He seems to be "unflappable" when he is "in the zone".

As far as todays race is concern. I am disappointed that he "punted" Pruitt. Clearly the replays show that Pruitt was driving the racing line and that JPM was NOT clearly inside of him. JPM has too much experience to be surprized that some one would shut the door on him. Especially his team mate. One could tell from the expression on his track side face that Chip Ganazzi was NOT a happy camper over this. I would have loved to be a fly on the wall in their coach after this race.

His "march" through the field was impressive. But it was on a road course after all. Those other drivers are not use to turning right. It is my humble opinion that he will not get a lot of cooperation when it comes to drafting on the super speedways the rest of this season. As you NASCAR fans know: One can go backwards very quickly when "hung out to dry" in that third lane, if you do not have "help".
Old 03-04-2007, 08:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh I get it. It was a road course. I just think that's extremely funny.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:33 AM

It was a great race actually. I was surprised that i was waching it but felt compelled to see how JPM would do.

It was quite obvious that he is in a league of his own when it comes to roadracing and nascar.
Old 03-05-2007, 06:10 AM

Interesting.
I hope he kicks butt in that series, and I'm not even a Montoya fan...

Old 03-05-2007, 06:25 AM
Former Moderator

Received 139 Likes on 115 Posts

^
My thoughts exactly.. I'm not a Montoya fan but I'd like to see him be successful.

I'll be curious to see how he does in Montreal later this year, or even at Watkins Glen... also will be interesting to see how he fares against the Nextel boys.. (even though some run in both series).

<--Never been a NASCAR fan, but this race (maybe because it was a road course), had some appeal to me.
Old 03-05-2007, 06:25 AM
Former Moderator

Received 139 Likes on 115 Posts

SO..

which comes first...

Montoya winning an oval Nextel cup event, or Super Aguri scoring a point in F1?
Old 03-05-2007, 06:32 AM

My bet is on Montoya.
Old 03-05-2007, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by Mocky,Mar 5 2007, 10:25 AM
I'll be curious to see how he does in Montreal later this year, or even at Watkins Glen... also will be interesting to see how he fares against the Nextel boys.. (even though some run in both series).
CRASHCAR has a race in Montreal?

I suspect he will do very well at The Glen, and for the record, because that is my home track, that is one CRASHCAR race I watch every year, in fact I have even gone a few times...

Quick Reply: Montoya wins first NASCAR race