Auto Racing Discussion F1, IRL, Champ Car, Nascar, WRC, BTCC, etc. Discuss recent races, results.

Red Bull teams announce engine deals

Old 10-31-2006, 07:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Red Bull teams announce engine deals

Renault engines for RBR - Ferrari engines for STR
31 October 2006

Today Red Bull Racing finally cleared up its engine situation for the upcoming season. Renault engines will power Red Bull Racing, while the Scuderia Toro Rosso team will use Ferrari engines in the back of their F1 cars.

In 2006 Red Bull Racing was racing with Ferrari engines, but they were flirting with Formula One champions Renault to try and get its customer engines. The Scuderia Toro Rosso drivers were using Cosworth V10 engines. Next year Toro Rosso will be powered by Ferrari engines, and thus it means goodbye to Cosworth in F1. In 2007 we will see Ferrari supply their own Formula 1 team, Spyker F1 and Scuderia Toro Rosso.

www.f1racing.net
I would assume Ferrari's own engines will be a little different that the ones they supply to Toro Rosso and Spyker, and then I assume Toro Rosso and Spyker will have the same engines. Should be interesting to watch these two teams compete, considering Toro Rosso although cannot copy the Red Bull Adrian Newey body, I suspect their car will have some Newey details.

Old 10-31-2006, 07:00 AM

Hey, OH Marco, get prepared, I may drop team Renault next year as I can be a Renault fan just by following Red Bull, but don't get too excited about me covering a smaller percentage of the filed, because I just might pick up team Honda next year, but not Super Aguri...
Old 10-31-2006, 08:27 AM

But will a Toro Rosso finish ahead of THE Red Bull cars?
Old 10-31-2006, 10:41 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, just what Honda needs, a band wagon fan..

I look forward to see the battle between Spyker and Red Bull... Newey vs Gascoyne, as far as Toro rosso goes, yeah Doug, Im not sure if Newey can lend a helping hand or not, but the 06 TR didnt do too bad, so maybe Gerhard has a few aero guys that know how to make air flow

Just remember 1 thing Doug, When Sir JB wins 13 races next year and wins the WDC and WCC for Honda in the FIRST year of a Honda car being created in a full sized Wind Tunnel, and your all bubbley and giggly, when you buy the Honda Racing F1 Team hat, I will find your ass and capture the hat and kindly paint... BAND WAGON Honda Fan on it... Least I could do, considering I didnt cheer for anyone when Honda left in 93, til Mugen Honda joined Jordan in 97, then when Honda came back in 2000. Being ONLY a Honda fan, I have the right to label you.... Think of me in the same way as America thought of the guy who labeled people communists durring the cold war
Old 10-31-2006, 10:42 AM

Hey pen, good question.
I suspect it may indeed happen someday.
I don't think Dietrich Mateschitz the owner of Red Bull would mandate Toro Rosso cars have to be behind Red Bull cars.
Do you think Mateschitz wants Toro Rosso to always be behind the Red Bull cars?
Old 10-31-2006, 10:50 AM
Banned

If TR makes a good car, I can easily see VL, SS or Doobass(id he replaces SS), easlity beating th crappy Red Bull pairing of DC and ESPECIALLY... Shit on a Barbie MW
Old 10-31-2006, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Marco,Oct 31 2006, 02:41 PM
Just remember 1 thing Doug, When Sir JB wins 13 races next year and wins the WDC and WCC for Honda in the FIRST year of a Honda car being created in a full sized Wind Tunnel, and your all bubbley and giggly, when you buy the Honda Racing F1 Team hat, I will find your ass and capture the hat and kindly paint... BAND WAGON Honda Fan on it...
Get you paint ready...
I put a '06 JB hat on my Christmas list.

Old 10-31-2006, 11:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Triple-H,Oct 31 2006, 02:54 PM
I put a '06 JB hat on my Christmas list.
You want a real one?? Meaning Lucky Strike (last year) and one that says Honda Racing F1 Team on the back (stitched) not that rubber thing???

My guy from Honda F1 leaves for Japan soon, and just emailed me asking if I need anmything else before he departs
Old 10-31-2006, 11:52 AM

Thanks for the offer, but I might not be able to afford that.
This is good enough for me, and simple for other people to order.
Thanks though.

Old 10-31-2006, 12:02 PM

Hmm is Red Bull vs Toro Rosso like age before beauty?

Quick Reply: Red Bull teams announce engine deals