Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

@chingwingding's [Auto]biography - Daily-Driven SSM AP1 S2000

Old 02-06-2019, 06:56 AM

Received 70 Likes on 61 Posts

Beautiful! The car looks great!
Old 02-06-2019, 01:22 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisaltima
Beautiful! The car looks great!
Thank you for the kind words! It’s going through some issues right now that I hope to find a solution to. Looks are nice and all but a healthy car will forever be a thing I enjoy from now on! haha
Old 02-07-2019, 06:08 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

May I ask which camber joint you are using? SPC? J's Racing?
Old 02-10-2019, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by _badrabbit
May I ask which camber joint you are using? SPC? J's Racing?
I am currently not using any camber joints to assist my camber specifications. At least that's what I think they're for. I may or may not need a lot of learning about other parts. LOL

I am currently on all stock adjusters; my only suspension upgrades are the front sway bar and the coilovers.
Old 02-26-2019, 12:09 PM

Default ENTRY #005 - A Couple Touch-Ups

It's been a while since my last entry and I have had a couple things done to it without logging it on here, so I figured I would jumble everything into one post.

18 Feb. 2019
This year is a year where my car will have to undergo an emissions check in order to successfully register my car, so I went ahead and replaced my RockStar Garage 70mm Test Pipe for the OEM Catalytic Converter. I'm well beyond the typical 50 miles needed to pass smog with it, but now it's just a matter of getting the smog done. I'm not sure whether or not I would need a DMV form saying that I need to have the car smogged in order for them to actually do it, or if I can casually go in and just explain to them that my car will have to be smogged this year and I would like to have it done early so I can get it out of the way. Maybe I should take some time to research that; the EVS 70-SSP is a bit drony with the OEM Catalytic Converter on and the sound is not as appealing as when it has a test pipe on.

I also went ahead and removed the SRS light from my cluster (temporarily at least). I went ahead with DIYGuy's YouTube Video on how to have the SRS Light removed and I was successful in doing so, but it seems that the SRS Light comes back on after a couple days even after I do reset it. Would anyone have any insight or experience on this situation? It's annoying to see that light and I would like it gone ASAP.

21 Feb. 2019
Voltex Type 2 1600mm GT Wing Acquired!

It's cool because I've been wanting this wing even before I got the S2000. It's always been on my bucket-list to own one, and now that I do it's a good feeling. I kind of do miss the Voltex 1S Wing that I originally had, but it's a good thing I sold it to a local S2000 owner around my area so I can see it now and then. I purchased this wing second-hand and it comes with Voltex Racing's Gurney Flap (not installed yet), 275mm Voltex Racing Wing Stands (I originally wanted 245mm, but I won't complain I got this for a pretty good deal), and I was provided security bolts along with the wing! Big thanks to Laith for the wing.

I also had my motor and transmission mounts replaced for the Ballade Sports Motor and Transmission Mount Set. Alex, the owner of Ballade Sports, informed me that my motor mounts were going out and he helped me display their wear to prove that they were in need of replacement. I went ahead and gave him the approval to have the motor mounts replaced for their OEM+ motor mounts and transmission mounts. I figured I would have the transmission mounts done just because. LOL I'm not sure if there was a correlation, but with the old OEM mounts I did continue experiencing rough idles and occasional dying out at intersections even after the TPS replacement and on top of that I started to receive some sort of hesitation or stuttering during acceleration. With the new mounts in, all of that has gone away and the car performs optimally again. Again, not sure if there was a correlation, but somehow I think the mounts did fix the issues I was having.

This was a big day of spending, but no regrets behind any of the purchases I made! I love the new wing and the motor and transmission mounts feel solid as hell. I have some other parts coming in within the next month and I can't wait to address those.

I think the next big thing this car needs is a detail - interior, exterior, and in the engine bay - especially that engine bay; it's gross in there. Another thing I've been considering to replace is either the whole hardtop itself or just the rear window. The seals for the rear window are coming loose and the lexan on the window itself is starting to go bad as I can see scratches and whatnot. I should also have the window and hardtop seals replaced as well since they were poorly placed if I say so myself.

A perfect car is fun, but the road to making it become perfect can sometimes be even more fun.
Old 02-28-2019, 07:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

love the build buddy i too am lurking for about another 3 months then ill be hunting. my truck will be paid off(adult decisions first lol)
Old 02-28-2019, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by fincher1
love the build buddy i too am lurking for about another 3 months then ill be hunting. my truck will be paid off(adult decisions first lol)
There will always be S2000's in the market waiting for you. I've considered letting mine go in exchange for the new Civic Type R's, but I'm still very much attached to the S2000 and I'm not ready to let it go.

Best of luck on your search! These are really fun cars.
Old 03-10-2019, 04:50 PM

Default Photoshoot of 09 Mar. 2019

It's been a while since I've taken any pictures of the car so I figured I would take the car out and get some pictures. I am by no means any professional photographer and I always seek improvement in photography so any tips would be greatly appreciated. I think what I lack most is location and composition for photos; I always end up taking photos that when I go back home to edit I am not very satisfied with how I took the shot or where I took the shot. Like they always say - practice makes perfect.

Now who's willing to take me under their wing to teach me how to take better photos?

Can't wait to have the next pieces for the car painted and installed. The Amuse R1-style front bumper was fun while it lasted and it was a dream bumper for me to own, but I want to try something new. I'm scheduled to receive it in the next couple weeks and I cannot wait!