Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

|Cloud 9k| My '00 GPW Journey

Old 05-03-2019, 03:24 AM
rmc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just realized I ended up reading 2 years worth of posts just because I googled 17x10 +50 wheel fitment since I just pulled the trigger on a set of CE28Ns. I enjoyed every bit, bookmarked for more updates
The following users liked this post:
Cpt. Spock (05-03-2019)
Old 06-17-2019, 02:55 PM

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

I finally buttoned up the car this past weekend (for the most part...)!!! Man it felt like an eternity going through some hurdles with paint, to purchasing a few parts and having a negative experience/having to fix a few things...ill spare the meaty details, but ill dive into some of it here below...

Trying to think of where i left off from last time, since its been so long it feels like....oh yeah, painting the bumper...So long story short, the first painter had some "complications", and i had to source another painter. So after 5 weeks of my parts sitting, i went to pick them up and take them to another painter. After about 3 weeks with him, i finally have them back! THEM, meaning, the bumper and the ASM duckbill that i picked up to cover up the hideous third brake light. While waiting for the parts to be painted, i decided to pick up some other things. One part of the car i wasnt really fond of, that i wanted to change up, was the rear end of the car. The faded ap1 taillights, while they faded perfectly on the sides, and added a "unique" look to the car, i just wasnt 100% sold on them. Top that with the 3rd brakelight situation, i had to do something about the taillights. I was thinking of doing the typical ap2 conversion and be done with it, but i also wanted to step out of my comfort zone and try something a little different. Ive seen these taillights around on other cars and always thought they looked really cool, especially lit up and functioning. I decided to pull the trigger on a set of Depo Taillights and man am i glad i did. I know they arent everyones cup of tea...but i think it updates the rear end of the car, and adds a more refined look in my opinion. I also picked up a set of Spoon Sports rigid collars for the subframe. Ive been reading about these for a while, and the benefit they add to make the front end feel more connected, so i wanted to give them a shot. As a preventative maintenance “mod” I decided to pickup a Ballade Sports timing chain tensioner and install that as well.

I took it out on its maiden voyage yesterday evening and MAN did it feel great to be behind the wheel of this machine again. I missed it so much. I still have to button up a few things on the car for it to be 100%, but so happy to have it "completed" and driving again. I also desperately need to wash it...it is disgustingly filthy from sitting all winter! Really look forward to cleaning it up and driving it again! Although it probably wont be this week, we are supposed to get rain almost everyday (go figure)...

Old 06-17-2019, 07:54 PM

Received 616 Likes on 422 Posts

Kinda making me wish I went with the dual sparrow

I'll have to see how the single works out....Beautiful car!
Cpt. Spock (06-18-2019)
Old 07-17-2019, 11:06 AM

Got together with some friends for my birthday, had an impromptu shoot outside before we left.

Rockweiler (03-12-2020)
Old 03-10-2020, 06:43 AM

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Awesome build my friend. I am very impressed at the depth the cquartz has given your paint... I mean it almost doesn't look GPW haha. It looks fabulous.
Cpt. Spock (03-11-2020)
Old 03-11-2020, 06:05 PM

Received 72 Likes on 45 Posts

Nice build man, car looks great.
Cpt. Spock (03-12-2020)
Old 03-12-2020, 01:34 PM

Sorry for the lack of updates...we recently moved and ive been tackling house projects as of late. BUT, the s2000 has a new home with SO MUCH MORE ROOM FOR ACTIVITIES!! Haven't given the car much love at all actually. Its just been sitting all winter. I did give it a bath before storage and quickly realized that well water is a mother fxcker...I did purchase a CR Spotless system to hopefully help with the washing process, but have yet to use it. Very curious to see how that plays out...anyway, here are a few pictures of ol' Whitey in its new habitat.

freddydela (08-18-2021)