Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

2006 Simple and Clean

Old 05-21-2016, 01:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Simple and Clean

after searching for a long time for a cr, I gave up based on distance, price, or miles.
I found this 22,000 mile s2000 in mid PA. Drove out, wrote a check, drove home. I told my wife "Honey, I am not touching this car, just enjoying it for what it is". The next week I ordered a CR lip from Honda, new oem air filter, cabin filter, A CR spoiler from hardtop guy, Brand new CR rims from Honda, Lugs, emblems, side markers, couple interior bits, and added a t1r 63 mm sparrow. At this point just enjoying the car for what it is.

I noticed a dent which made me pretty upset but i figured i can try and get PDR later

Literally 1 week after owning the car a rock flew up and did this. I was able to get an OEM honda windshield replacement after some bargaining.

New OEM cr lip

Finding a hardtop with no window tint and that is local and in the correct color - unfortunatly this one had a dent - as all aspects in my life ...

Went to LIP the best place - had all of my dents pulled through PDR, installed the CR spoiler

LIP pulled the dent out on the top - not no dents!

Cr wing install - reinforced with a steel plate and oem look with the plugs - great work LIP

Black box

CR caps

I had a spare set of caps that i asked LIP to paint while the car was in with the spoiler install and dent removal

New CR rims

Reusing my bridgestones since they are like new

Only reason I put CR emblems on it is so people that dont know what a s2000 is, when they see the spoiler start thinking rice... If the google S2000 CR they can at least see where it relates to.

Old 05-21-2016, 01:06 PM

found a set of ap1 rims and like new bridestone s02 tires for 50$ to put on during winter storage

Winter storage and cleaning cr rims

Got some work 11R in metal buff 17x9 +38 not sure about mounting them - I like the oem feel

A sign flew out and smacked my car - back to LIP to fix the fender and scratches

LIP did PDR and wet sand and buff and back to mint!

26k miles replaced trans fluid with OEM, diff fluid with OEM, and oil with mobile 1.

Took out my d810 for some pics - car is filthy

previous car

new born son is 1 month - better take pics with the s

love just enjoying this car for what it is. i guess that comes with age.
Old 05-21-2016, 01:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good, man! Gotta love the yellow.
Old 05-21-2016, 02:02 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Beautiful! Perfect Oem plus wouldn't change a thing
Old 05-21-2016, 02:23 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Car looks amazing! nice find and OEM upgrades are the way to go. Only thing i saw was you mentioned OEM Diff fLuid. Not sure if you meant something else. Be careful with the so called "OEM" diff fluid. i dont think it exist for our cars.
Old 05-21-2016, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Memo6453
Car looks amazing! nice find and OEM upgrades are the way to go. Only thing i saw was you mentioned OEM Diff fLuid. Not sure if you meant something else. Be careful with the so called "OEM" diff fluid. i dont think it exist for our cars.
You are right, I usually stick with Honda Hypoid Gear oil for the diff
Old 05-21-2016, 05:08 PM

Looks great, how were u able to determine where to drill into your OEM Lid? I didn't trust myself and ended up ordering a new CR lid from Honda
Old 05-21-2016, 07:58 PM

Nicely done, doesn't get much simpler than that.
Old 05-22-2016, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by mmmposta
Looks great, how were u able to determine where to drill into your OEM Lid? I didn't trust myself and ended up ordering a new CR lid from Honda
I was on the verge of doing that, i found the thread that gave measurements of where the holes are and where the stands sit. LIP measured them out and I asked them to do the OEM look with the plugs and paint. They did a great job!
Old 05-23-2016, 05:20 AM

Received 191 Likes on 118 Posts

Car looks nice, good choice going OEM. I thought one of the definitions of "rice" was, putting emblems and badges from another car/model on your car and trying to pass it off as something that it is not. So are you trying to avoid rice, with rice?

Quick Reply: 2006 Simple and Clean