Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

d1000rr's build

Old 10-23-2015, 09:41 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default d1000rr's build

Hey guys... I started going through a few of the build threads in this section and got inspired so here's mine.

First and foremost, I've been out of the car game for a while. For nearly a decade I've had a company car so I've never had the need to purchase another one. My last car was a 7thgen civic coupe which was super slow but was fun to own when I was younger.
Also, because I didn't have the added expense of owning a car, I decided to own motorcycles instead. I've had a bunch of bikes in the past (R6's, R1's, CBR1000RR) and currently own a 2012 Aprilia RSV4 R. This bike see's more track days than street miles... although I haven't really ridden it in a few years and I didn't even get a chance to take it out on the track this year.

Anyways, back to the S. I picked this up last year in September. It looks like it was modded but was reverted back to stock minus a few things. I picked it up with 3 gauge pods stuck to the dash, jdm emblems, oem lip, and 8k hid bulbs. Other than that it was stock.

I promised myself I wouldn't mod the car. That's what the bikes for..... well that lasted maybe 1 week.

I ended up ordering lowpro aero front and side splitters, and a rad cooling plate.
Shortly after that, I ended up getting a good deal on a set of Work Meister's so I snagged those up just in time for winter lol

The car sat like a 4x4 so I went ahead and bought a set of the Eibach Prokit to drop it back down

Just before winter rolled around I had a shop do the UK mod... I went with a 1.75" pipe.
I also don't have a pic but I installed a Berk 63.5mm HFC, Flashpro with Gernby e-tune, and did the K&N FIPK intake.

All covered up and sleeping in my garage for the winter.

Old 10-23-2015, 09:41 AM

So she pretty much sat all winter untouched (October 2014-March 2015)

March rolls around and the Work Meisters I bought needed new rubber and I wasn't really happy with the finish on the rims so I had them custom powder coated, re-decaled, and new tires installed.

Old 10-23-2015, 09:42 AM

Over the winter I bit the ASM over fender bug and I decided fvck it... let's go
This was probably the hardest thing I decided on considering there is no going back.
I had a buddy that works at a local reputable body shop do the work.

Since my wheels weren't wide enough and the offset wasn't aggressive enough to fill the over fenders, I ended up buying a set of H&R 25mm DRM spacers.
Also got an alignment done...

Old 10-23-2015, 09:43 AM

I changed the engine oil, diff, trans, and replaced the pads and rotors with OEM stuff.

TRACK DAY.
The primary purpose of buying this car was to track it.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSekGlnTxYc[/media]

After a few more sessions at TMP and 1 at Grand bend, I decided I needed square setup and a set of coilovers.
I decided on 17x9 RPF1's with Toyo Proxes R1R (got these tires cause I could get them fast and at a great price).

As for coils... well I kinda went cheap and bought a set of HSD's. I mean for what they are, they're actually not bad. But this car is more a weekend track car... I should have bit the bullet and bought a set of KW Club's or Ohlins... Oh well I guess maybe next year.

Also my OEM pads were fading a glazing pretty bad so I bought a set of Carbotech Xp10 (front) and XP8 (rear). Went with Motul brake fluid and the car already had braided lines installed.

[/url]

Glazed OEM's

So randomly, having only put about 800km's on my Work Meisters, I decided to throw them up on the Forsale section and I had them sold within a few days.
I actually kind of regretted doing it but... well it was too late.

This left me with no street wheels and I didn't really want to chew threw my track setup on the street so I ordered a set of Enkei RS05RR's and Michelin PSS's... which btw took 10 weeks to arrive lol

Also, since I was getting some pretty bad "blow by", I installed a Cusco catch can, Eibach FSB, Megan Offset front ball joints, and I ordered a J's Baffled Oil pan which I'm still actually waiting for....

So this is how my car currently sits in Street Form (going in storage shortly for winter)
Future mods are big waaang (ordered), front fenders (either Downforce or ASM), rear splitter (JDP or Spoon), and I have ordered OEM front and rear "H" badge as well as a 5500k Morimoto HID bulbs.
BBK is a possibility, but then I'll need new track wheels... oh and possibly ohlins suspension.

Also, here's a video of the last track session I had this season.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulKwoMFQcm0[/media]
Old 10-23-2015, 05:48 PM

Received 3,361 Likes on 2,444 Posts

It's about time you made a build thread, looks great Dennis. I think I love the bike as much as the S2000 though, very sweet.

Look forward to seeing it in person next season.
Old 10-23-2015, 09:58 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Build is looking solid so far!
Old 10-24-2015, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
It's about time you made a build thread, looks great Dennis. I think I love the bike as much as the S2000 though, very sweet.

Look forward to seeing it in person next season.
Thanks. I'll sell you the bike if you're interested lol
Hopefully we can hit up some meets together next season.

Originally Posted by jaor.s2k
Build is looking solid so far!
Thanks same to you! I'm loving your new wheels!
Old 11-02-2015, 03:48 PM

Did a big wang install....

Old 11-02-2015, 03:53 PM

I also have a set of these that will be going on shortly

Old 11-03-2015, 04:13 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

oh nice! The Spoon fenders will definitely tie in nicely with the aggressive look of your wheels. Not sure if the OEM bumper will be a good match for the overall look though

Quick Reply: d1000rr's build