Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Resan's Build

Old 03-12-2015, 04:28 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Resan's Build

I always wanted to do a build thread of my car on S2KI, so here we go.

My name is Resan and I live in The Netherlands, so excuse me for any poor english or grammar.

I purchased my RHD S2000 in Oktober 2012. I bought it in the UK, because S2K's are way cheaper over there. They can be 2 to 3 times cheaper, so I bought mine for not a lot of money. The owner also thought there was something wrong with the engine. I knew it was the TCT that was worn out. Ofcourse I didn't tell him. In the first few days of ownership I really had to get used to shifting with my left hand, but soon enough it drove just as easy and normal as a LHD car.

Some pictures from the ad.

My plan with this car is to keep it as my daily driver and when I can, take it to events, meetings and trackdays here in Europe.

[SIZE="4"]Parts list:[/SIZE]

Enginebay & Performance

5Zigen Superlap Exhaust
ARC Intake
Blox Velocity Stack
Blox Airfilter
Cartrenz Carbon Air duct
Invidia Testpipe
Mishimoto Gold heatwrap
OEM Intake Box Gutted
Spoon N1 Exhaust
Spoon Oil Cap
Spoon Reservoir Covers
Spoon Radiator Brackets
Spoon Radiator Cap

Exterior & Aero

Aeroworkz Japan Carbon Lip
Amuse Legalo Bumper
Amuse Legalo Canards
J's Racing Carbon Trunk
J's Racing Carbon Double Canards
Kadean-Dev Carbon GT Wing
OEM Prefacelift V2 Headlights
Tamon Design Carbon Spoiler
Voltex Rear Overfenders
Voltex Front Overfenders

Suspension & Chassis

BC Racing Coilovers
Blox Driveshaft Spacers
Endless/Zeal Function X Coilovers
Spoon Lower Rear Brace

Interior & Soundsystem

Blox Limited Edition Gold Heavy Shift Knob
Boston Tweeters
Bosten 2 Way Speakers
Personal Neo Grinta 330mm Leather Steering Wheel
Pioneer Radio
Subwoofer 8"

Wheels & Tires & Brakes

Falken Azenis FK453 F 245/40 & R 255/40 tires
Federal 595 RSR F 245/35 & R 255 /35 tires
Project Kics R26 Neochrome Lugnuts
Stoptech Brakepads
Volk Racing Bronze SE37K 17x9J ET40
Volk Racing Bronze SE37K 18x9,5J ET28

Wishlist:

Amuse Legalo Frontfenders
Amuse Carbon Hood (Street) or Shift Sports Vented Hood
Amuse Carbon Rear Trunk
Diffuser
BBK
GT Wing (Only for the track)

Here are some of parts that I purchased for the car. I don't earn a great deal of money with my parttime job atm, so I try and buy good deals or second hand parts. I like my parts to be authenic if possible, because I have had many bad experiences in the past with cheap and "fake" parts. (Some replica's are good though) I don't really mind if it has a few scratches or whatnot. As long as it functions well, adds to the performance of the car and makes the car look estethically "better" then I'm happy.

The first I got for my car were SE37K's. I was always a huge fan of Volk Racing SE37K's, so I had to get them. There was a set SE37K's 17x9j Et40 for sale on Yahoo Japan Auction, so I grabbed the oppertunity. One wheel has a little curbrash, but I don't mind. They orginally came of a JDM Mitsubishi GTO.

Bought myself some BC coilovers. For the money a pretty decent set. I just wish I bought it with slightly stiffer springs. However I would like to buy different/better coilovers in the future.

I still had these lugnuts from my previous Honda. Some of the best nuts money can buy I think. I might want to go with the taller R40 nuts in the future. These R26 Kics are bearely noticable on the wheels.

ARC Intake.

The car after a few weeks over ownership. I installed the coilovers and wheels. It sure makes a huge difference! The wheels sit nice and flush with the body. Just the way I like it.

I ran this 5Zigen Superlap exhaust for a couple of months until I got really sick of the super loud noise that came out. You could literally hear me coming from 3 miles away. Shit was just way to loud!!! I also lost a fair bit of power because this straightpipe design was only 53mm in diameter... Worst buy ever! Haha but I learned from it.

After the 5Zigen exhaust I went back to stock but I still wanted more exhaust noise, so I bought a 2nd hand Spoon N1 catback for around 500 dollars. To this days I still love how it sounds. Not overly agressive, but I think it has a nice full sound.

Went to a dyno day with the Type-R Club Benelux.
1st run I had 246hp. the 2nd run only 232hp, which was really odd. Heat soak maybe?

I wasn't happy with the ARC intake I had, because it sucked too much heat. I decided to replaced it with a modded OEM intake box. I cut off the resonator part of the intake and gold wrapped the box to insulate it. The bottom part near the radiator gets really hot! I bought a 2nd hand Carbon "Spoon" air duct for 45 euros. Installed a Blox velocity stack and filter. Wow, I really noticed a lot more response and torque down low. That ARC intake was pretty bad.

A friend of mine messaged me if I was maybe interesed in J's Racing carbon trunk. My plan was to get a GT wing, so this trunk would be perfect to mount it on. there was only one downside with this trunk. It had a little damage on of the corners and it was a little faded on top, but I didn't mind. After all it was only 300 euros.

Next up was to buy a GT wing for the car. I really wanted a Voltex or J's Racing wing, but unfortunatly it was a little bit outside of my pricerange. Instead I found a replica J's Racing wing made by a company called Kadean-dev. I'm not really the guy who buys replica parts, but looking at the pictures it seemed to very decent. 878 dollars including shipping? Ok lets try it. I have to say, the carbon looks great. The same as my J's Racing trunk. Overall I'm very happy with the wing, but I still have an itch to buy a real one someday haha.

Too balance things out, I really needed some canards. My eye fell on J's Racing double canards made specifically for the prefacelift bumper. After 2 months of waiting they finally arrived.

Next, I got a Personal Neo Grinta 330mm steering wheel. As you can see I removed the carpet because it was torn. Need to source a new one.

Last edited by Resan; 11-20-2016 at 03:22 AM.
Old 03-12-2015, 04:41 PM

Received 158 Likes on 121 Posts

Gorgeous car.
Old 03-12-2015, 05:42 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 03-12-2015, 07:10 PM
Community Organizer

Received 213 Likes on 137 Posts

Love those wheels! Perfect size and color.
Old 03-12-2015, 07:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, this is awesome. Loving the car man. And that wing is massive
Old 03-13-2015, 02:23 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Keep up the good work....
Old 03-14-2015, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by fernando.
Gorgeous car.
Originally Posted by DaGou
Thanks guys!

Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_
Love those wheels! Perfect size and color.
Yeah, I thought so too! I need some wider tires though.

Originally Posted by abalagurak
Wow, this is awesome. Loving the car man. And that wing is massive
Thank you sir! Haha true the wing is pretty big, but it suits the car well I think.
I noticed a lot more stabilty and downforce at higher speeds.
I'm actually one of the few s2000's here with a GT wing.
Most S2000's here are quite boring when it comes to mods. I like to change that.

Originally Posted by jonner
Keep up the good work....
Will do!
Old 03-15-2015, 02:53 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So far, so good!
Old 03-15-2015, 04:41 AM
Community Organizer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks great man
Old 03-15-2015, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by clarkster009
So far, so good!
Originally Posted by Adrenalize
Looks great man
Tnx guys!
I hope to add a lip to the frontbumper this month.

Quick Reply: Resan's Build