Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Adrs2k's Timeline - 2008 Apex Blue Pearl Club Racer +

Old 02-09-2015, 05:47 AM

Received 189 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by skatebrian624
Looking good man
Thanks, I always enjoy watching your track videos!

Originally Posted by s2k4life_az
Was that Feezy as a passenger? I'm planning on CVR with ProAuto at the end of March. Michael and I are thinking of doing the event. Haven't decided if we will stay overnight or just drive early morning.
I will make it a one day trip if I go. If there is a group of us it will make the long drive much easier since we have other cars on the road to keep us company!

Originally Posted by 1MR
Man your thread is making me real excited for my flashpro/tune
Do it! Best mod out there for 06+. The ability to carry a higher gear and pull through makes the car easier to drive.
Old 02-09-2015, 06:01 AM

Pad Wear

I have had my car up on jack stands since the last event. Finally got around to swapping my stock pads and rotors back on the car. I threw away my track rotors since I cracked a front, and inspected the Carbotech XP10 and XP8's. The pads are pretty unevenly worn side to side and within each caliper. After each track day I clean the calipers thoroughly and re-grease, so I know they are not binding or sticking. It is fairly normal to have uneven wear side to side though and based on trail-braking into some of the corners that are right hand corners I was not surprised to see my driver side rear pads worn more than the passenger rears.

I could probably manage 1 more day on all of my pads if I swap the inside pads to the outside. With the S2000's type of caliper its common for the inside and outside pads to wear differently. I have 6 days on these pads, and while I could maybe get one more event out of them, I would be more comfortable just replacing, or at least replacing the fronts. I will have to wait and see what I can do.

Luckily a local friend had an almost brand new set of Napa rotors laying around so I picked those up (thanks for the rotors Feezy!). I wanted to move to PMU Club Racers, but we shall see. I just bought a house, and have a baby on the way in July, so just buying a set of front Carbotech's and re-using my rear pads is the more cost effective and realistic option.

Rubbing

I am finally rubbing...the inside fender liner. I am fine with that, but will have to continue to monitor. It is fairly minor imo, and no issues with the outer fenders.

Name:  DSC_0007.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  45.6 KB

For those that have asked to see pictures of my fender liners and bent fender tabs, here you go! Apologies for the delay. As you can see a fairly large amount of fender liner was trimmed out of the way to prevent sagging and catching the tire. The bumper tabs, if its not clear in the pictures are bent just past 90 degrees out of the way. They were carefully done and can be bent back into place should I ever want to go back to stock and purchase new fender liners and remove my non-staggered wheels.

Name:  DSC_0012.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  44.6 KB
Name:  DSC_0011.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  32.8 KB
Name:  DSC_0010.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  28.4 KB
Name:  DSC_0009.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  46.2 KB
Old 02-09-2015, 06:05 AM

I did not get around to re-installing my wheel center caps or putting the wheels back on the car, so I took advantage of my wheels being carefully stacked in the corner of the garage. Prior to this track event I thoroughly cleaned the Advan's and re-sealed them using Meguairs 2.0 sealant. That obviously makes washing brake dust off very easy. Since I had to swap brakes and the wheels were off the car, I took advantage and gave them a very good cleaning after the track day.

Handheld the camera and used a small LED flashlight .

Advan Racing RSII by Adrs2k, on Flickr

A big part of modifying cars is taking a step back and enjoying the design, engineering, and manufacturing that goes into parts. I really enjoy taking photographs like these wheel shots because they really show off all the little details and things that make them so special to me. Part of what I like about Advan, are the details, and attention paid to the small things.
Old 02-09-2015, 06:48 AM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Love those wheel shots!

That inner liner is going to run no matter what, unless you raise the car. Mine looks like that too. Doesn't happen often enough to care. It's just part of enjoying the car and it's going to happen from time to time.
Old 02-10-2015, 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by //steve\\
Love those wheel shots!

That inner liner is going to run no matter what, unless you raise the car. Mine looks like that too. Doesn't happen often enough to care. It's just part of enjoying the car and it's going to happen from time to time.
Thanks! I am very very happy with how they came out. I stacked the wheels a week or two ago and was staring down at the stack and thought, that could make a really good picture. I then quickly forgot about it and on Sunday remembered my picture idea while working on the car. Part of what I like is they are not my typical looking photo, its nice to breakout and do something entirely different once in a while.

Yea I have always known that I would eventually rub the inside with a +63 wheel. Surprised it took this long. I don't care about it either, because I just want to enjoy my car!
Old 02-10-2015, 05:28 AM

My +45s rub in the same place too. I don't think it really matters what size you have.
Old 02-10-2015, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by //steve\\
Mine rubs in the same place too. I don't think it really matters what size you have.
Fixed.
Old 02-10-2015, 06:37 AM

Lol. The car has +45s on it now and they might stay
Old 02-10-2015, 06:59 AM
Community Organizer

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

love the shots.
Old 02-10-2015, 12:05 PM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

FYI the tabs really aren't the trouble area. Its that little lip that looks like it isn't rolled. That is what the tire grabs if it grabs. I know you don't drive the car much but you do track it so it is possible for it to grab.

Quick Reply: Adrs2k's Timeline - 2008 Apex Blue Pearl Club Racer +