Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Adrs2k's Timeline - 2008 Apex Blue Pearl Club Racer +

Old 04-25-2017, 06:32 AM

Received 189 Likes on 116 Posts

You might notice that I no longer have my Greddy SE exhaust on the car. I have been complaining about it for a few months now and decided that it would be easiest to sell while still in AZ and put the stock exhaust back on the car to make moving easier. After removal of the 7+ year old Greddy, I could tell that one of the mufflers was breaking apart and the resonator was also failing. If I shook or knocked on one of the mufflers and the resonator I could hear things moving around inside, especially inside the resonator. The two mufflers sounded different when I knocked on them. So after many many years of use, the exhaust needed either a refresh, or to be tossed aside. I think replacing the resonator with a vibrant unit would solve almost all of the problems with the loudness and rasp. I am not to sure what was going on with the muffler, but I found someone local that did not car about any of the issues and still wanted it.

After settling in PA, I ended up ordering a Greddy SE V2. I tried REALLY hard to convince myself to try something different, but I could not do it. The Greddy just looks the best, sounds great, and adds some power, not to mention my car is tuned for that specific exhaust. I really wanted the Toda dual exhaust, but I could not fall in love with the mufflers. I am not a fan of canister style mufflers on this car. I ordered the V2 direct from GoTuning but have not had a chance to install it yet. TBH I am kind of enjoying the stock exhaust. Its quiet and I can rip on the car without being noticed. Hopefully this week I will get the next exhaust on and post a review comparing it to the V1 as I know people are interested in hearing about my experiences. There are a few V1 owners that are getting sick of the drone and boominess and might switch to the V2 if its better. I have a little experience installing and driving/riding in a CR with the V2 and from what I remember, it was MUCH quieter and civil, in a good way. I think I am going to be very happy as I am just not as interested in having a loud car.

I've also picked up a few other little things to make street driving more enjoyable.
Old 04-25-2017, 07:55 AM
Community Organizer

Received 212 Likes on 137 Posts

Love this Adam! Super happy you're settled in and enjoying the car on the kind of roads I dream about.
Old 04-25-2017, 08:11 AM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Love the pics and of course the car... i drove my s2k the other day on nothing but straight roads... i suck
Old 04-25-2017, 11:38 AM

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by adrs2k
TBH I am kind of enjoying the stock exhaust. Its quiet and I can rip on the car without being noticed.
When picking up my second S, I was very tempted to immediately pick up another SE v2 and pair it with a HFC again but I ended up truly falling for the UK mod exhaust that the car already came with.

I've since picked up a HFC cat (63.5) but have held off from swapping out OEM cat as the car has some growl at low rpm's, comes alive at vtec, yet civil on the highway.

With that said, I do agree with you that SE is a well crafted exhaust that ties in with that OEM+ look and feel.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by //steve\\
Best CR ever. Period. Fact.
Thanks buddy!

[QUOTE

Love this Adam! Super happy you're settled in and enjoying the car on the kind of roads I dream about.[/QUOTE]

I am looking forward to meeting up at the Dragon this year or next so we can enjoy some back roads and photography together.

Originally Posted by Memo6453
Love the pics and of course the car... i drove my s2k the other day on nothing but straight roads... i suck
I am so glad I no longer live in a grid. AZ was getting really boring for driving!

Originally Posted by 2NDW1FE
When picking up my second S, I was very tempted to immediately pick up another SE v2 and pair it with a HFC again but I ended up truly falling for the UK mod exhaust that the car already came with.

I've since picked up a HFC cat (63.5) but have held off from swapping out OEM cat as the car has some growl at low rpm's, comes alive at vtec, yet civil on the highway.

With that said, I do agree with you that SE is a well crafted exhaust that ties in with that OEM+ look and feel.
As nice and quiet as the car is now, it was still missing the exhaust note. The car just seems like it is lacking something right now without it. Out of 8+ years of S2000 ownership, I think I've only drive for maybe 4 months on a stock exhaust lol.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:18 PM

Received 418 Likes on 318 Posts

I need to do more research into the SE. That is a quite glowing review.
Old 05-03-2017, 04:04 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I've been following you on IG for months but I finally got around to reading through this entire thread and thoroughly enjoyed it! Absolutely fantastic photography of a gorgeous car

I have the Greddy SE V2 and it's great. It seems to sit a bit lower than it should, but I've heard that replacing the hangers with OEM AP1 hangers will remedy that issue.
Old 05-03-2017, 09:20 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Those wheels flow really well with this car. Great photos.
Old 05-04-2017, 08:46 AM

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

I will always love this color!
Old 05-05-2017, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by TsukubaCody
I need to do more research into the SE. That is a quite glowing review.
I recommend it. IMO its the best all around exhaust that meets all my wants.

Originally Posted by PenguinS2000
I've been following you on IG for months but I finally got around to reading through this entire thread and thoroughly enjoyed it! Absolutely fantastic photography of a gorgeous car

Thank you for taking the time to read through my thread, I really appreciate it. I am glad people enjoy the photographic journal of my car.

I have the Greddy SE V2 and it's great. It seems to sit a bit lower than it should, but I've heard that replacing the hangers with OEM AP1 hangers will remedy that issue.
On my V1 I actually used one AP1 hangar and one AP2 hangar and it was perfect.. Currently I have two AP2 hangars on my car (i forgot my AP1 hangar in storage). The exhaust is about 99% perfect right now, but I will probably try the AP1 hangar when I get around to see if I can make the fitment perfect.

Originally Posted by Mugen_is_best
Those wheels flow really well with this car. Great photos.
Thanks! I got really lucky that Advan came out with this wheel, color, and size.

Originally Posted by RussianHammer
I will always love this color!
Thanks, me too! I don't think I could come up with a better color if I tried. I am always a fan of the color blue and this is the best I've ever seen.

Quick Reply: Adrs2k's Timeline - 2008 Apex Blue Pearl Club Racer +