Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Adrs2k's Timeline - 2008 Apex Blue Pearl Club Racer +

Old 11-05-2018, 10:27 AM

Received 190 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_
I take it back lol. I actually just went and checked and my Sebring settings are:

Compression: 5 from stiff, F/R
Rebound: 9/8 from stiff, F/R

So, even crazier hahaha
Haha that is crazy!
Old 11-05-2018, 03:04 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by adrs2k
Thanks for taking a look and commenting. Glad some people are still staying on the forums and posting. Apex Blue is a heck of a good color...at least you got Imola though. We did not get that in the States.
I'd be happy to trade my Imola for an ABP CR, or any color CR really haha I've only seen one CR for sale in Europe, 4 years ago a low mileage yellow one popped up for sale in Italy and I still regret I didn't buy it back then.
Beautiful pictures once again
Old 04-12-2019, 11:07 AM

Spring time is finally here and the car has been out a few times. Damn I fell in love all over again. Seriously this car still has my heart. I am doing my yearly maintenance and freshening up some things to get ready for the driving season ahead, and in the near term another 2,000 mile road trip to the dragon in early May.

No major modifications planned for this year. Just driving, enjoying, and doing some little stuff.

I am in the process of doing the following while the car is up on jacks for hopefully no more than 2 weeks.
  • Replacing engine and transmission fluid with the same old Amsoil that i've used and liked for years
  • Flushing the clutch master cylinder and got my hands on a free SOS braided line, so I will be installing that. I had one on my '04 and liked it (even though the change is very minimal)
  • Finally got around to installing the properly slotted rotor on the driver side.
  • Wrapping all the ball joints with aluminum HVAC tape. I had a roll and it is widely used so figured I would see if it holds up. If it doesn't, I will go the better route of header wrap and safety wire
  • Installing the Honda Premium Mats that I bought over the winter
  • Installing a brand new Honda battery - my dealer had them on sale for $99 so I couldn't pass it up
  • Powder coated the factory batter tie down. Mine had rusted and the paint was flaking off
  • Raised teh front coilovers by 3 turns. Looking to get just a smidgen more clearance for pulling out of my driveway
  • Going over the entire car to nut and bolt and inspect
  • Take the car for an alignment check and state inspection

Of course, time to dig out the camera and get back into photography.

Some misc iPhone photos

Old 04-15-2019, 05:52 AM

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Nice update, I just finished up my annual maintenance as well. How often do you change your Amsoil trans fluid? I believe mine is a year and a half old, and shifting is very notchy. I feel like initially it was smooth, but it seems that the fluid has broken down over time. I figured it would last a little longer than that... Curious if you've had a similar experience? Im trying to decide if i should stay with amsoil or make the switch to something else.
Old 04-15-2019, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by Cpt. Spock
Nice update, I just finished up my annual maintenance as well. How often do you change your Amsoil trans fluid? I believe mine is a year and a half old, and shifting is very notchy. I feel like initially it was smooth, but it seems that the fluid has broken down over time. I figured it would last a little longer than that... Curious if you've had a similar experience? Im trying to decide if i should stay with amsoil or make the switch to something else.
Thank you. I change the Amsoil once a year, same with my engine oil. I find it also breaks down by this time, as does the Honda MTF . At this point, I believe all fluids will break down and should just be changed once a year.
The following users liked this post:
Cpt. Spock (04-15-2019)
Old 06-03-2019, 12:35 PM

Epic trip of the year. It was a year in the making. 5 days, 2,300 miles, 6 states. Sun, rain, top on, top off. It was perfect and the car was fantastic. The Maxxis tires were fantastic in the dry and did very well in the wet even in standing water. The new brakes were a big improvement over stock and took everything I was willing to throw at them and allowed me to never worry about overheating like last year. I decided to embrace the dirt and never washed the car during the trip . Thankfully when it did rain really hard, the car got pretty clean. Having a coated car is truly amazing and the dirt just washes off. I still have more pics and videos to go through, but short on time so here is the first massive dump.

Spent most of the time driving and hanging out with Steve again this time around.

Photos of the surrounding area and road

The following users liked this post:
2NDW1FE (06-10-2019)
Old 06-03-2019, 02:04 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Beautiful car and upgrades.
Old 06-03-2019, 05:18 PM

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Fantastic shots as always! Severely bummed that I was unable to join you this year, looked like an absolute blast.
Old 06-04-2019, 06:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You don't have to roll fenders to fit rubber!! Just buy the right offset wheels

Thank you!
I have been searching your thread and can't seem to find it... what are your wheel specs? I'm trying to fit as much rubber as I can but always find different specs of what people say will or will not work.
Old 06-04-2019, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by Ro_Ja Boy
Beautiful car and upgrades.
Thank you! Funny to see you back again.

Quick Reply: Adrs2k's Timeline - 2008 Apex Blue Pearl Club Racer +