Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

ALBERTS2K Build

Old 01-15-2017, 05:23 AM

Received 3,358 Likes on 2,441 Posts

Awesome build Albert, that Fablulous emblem is a work of art, very creative to find and use that. This car looks amazing, one of the best parts selections I've seen in a long time, so much for a college budget lol.
The following users liked this post:
ALBERTS2K (01-18-2017)
Old 01-16-2017, 12:04 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

very nice ride! Keep it up :-)
Old 01-16-2017, 03:27 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

nice build
Old 02-02-2017, 08:21 AM

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

2/2/2017
So I recently had a track day, and haven't tracked the car in just about two years. Felt good pushing the car once again. Back then only upgrade was Buddy Club coilovers, and compared to from what I remember from the input I had back then, and now with better tires, suspension, aero, etc.upgrades were a significant improvement on track. With more seat time coming up, I'd like to upgrade the bushings, coilovers, baffle pan soon. Track oils on deck:

APP F/R Brake Lines SS
Thought I replace the OEM lines as they have never been replaced.

Garney Flap

Zoom Engineering Penta Mirror

J's Racing Header
Found a good deal on this header with less than 5K miles, so I couldn't pass it up.

TMG Fenders
They look like Spoon rear fenders, but with the added rear vents. These fenders add 30 mm to the rear.

Reference pictures for the fenders:

Lair Factory:

S600 Emblem
I always loved this emblem ever since 1st seeing on Diez car. One of the reasons for me getting the Fabulous bumper in the first place, is I wanted a bumper that would suite and look like the S600 emblem belongs on the bumper. And I think I accomplished this. The result isn't complete yet as I will be painting the tow hook, and adding a few more items to the front for more visual balance. Excuse the dirtiness of the front as I took this the morning after my track day.

Last edited by ALBERTS2K; 02-02-2017 at 03:49 PM.
Old 02-02-2017, 09:00 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Interesting rear fenders
Old 02-02-2017, 09:22 AM

Received 418 Likes on 318 Posts

Those rear overs are the first thing you've chosen that I didn't dig, that bumper is so flippin good though.
Old 02-02-2017, 04:37 PM

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by TsukubaCody
Those rear overs are the first thing you've chosen that I didn't dig, that bumper is so flippin good though.
Thanks for the feedback. Actually i'm not 100% certain on the fenders, since if I do decide to install them, I would prefer to do wider front fenders, then I would have to get lower offset wheels, which I do really like my current wheel set up, and I have a feeling that I would want to get an Amuse hardtop to make the fenders work, and that's not happening lol . Now that I've fitted them, it just concluded my judgement that Spoon rear fenders, or in this case fenders that have the same shape as Spoon fenders, look best with a Spoon hardtop along with Spoon front fenders, and rear bumper. The swooping line on the side of Mugen hardtop doesn't contrast and flow well with these fenders. Now if that line shifted up forward more creating less visual weight ie: an OEM hardtop, softop, Amuse hardtop, these fenders would look more right. At least the fenders are now stateside, which are more easily obtainable to anyone interested in these rare fenders, as they may be up for sale soon.
Old 02-02-2017, 07:17 PM
Community Organizer

Received 212 Likes on 137 Posts

It's your car, so take this worth a grain of salt, but I for sure wouldn't do those over fenders. I feel like the only contribution to the overall build is that they're a rare part that was installed for the sake of being rare.
Old 02-02-2017, 09:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One of my favorite builds! Not a big fan of those over fenders as well
Old 02-03-2017, 04:22 AM

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

The fender weren't my taste either but I'm big on stock body lines and it's your car. I was impressed with the SS brake lines you picked up. Is the SS braid covered with some sort of clear piece or is it just open to the elements? They seem really well designed, great job on the car so far!

Quick Reply: ALBERTS2K Build