Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

ALBERTS2K Build

Old 05-11-2017, 09:42 AM
Community Organizer

Received 217 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by RussianHammer
I would def give that center section a matte/ flat black color. Do not do gloss, as it looks funky when driving. It will reflect the road and does not look good.
100% agree here. Matte black would be perfect for that part of the bumper.
Old 07-25-2017, 09:23 PM

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

I can now say my Fabulous endeavor is complete. So I decided to go with my gut, and paint the exhaust area black. I wanted cutouts, so I decided to cut out vents above the exhaust opening where everything flows in a subtle way, which still keeps its original design.

Sweating bullets cutting this thing.

Now completing the Fabulous kit, or parts of the kit I fancy, (the side skirts are not my thing), Fabulous really took design cues of the Mugen front and rear bumper, as they are similar in simplistic lines and design. I didn't get to take a side pic of the car, as the side is my favorite part of the bumper, will do next time, but its shorter in length compared to OEM, and similar in shape and length as the Mugen rear bumper. The Varis diffuser took some cutting and alterations to sit flush with the body, and fit the Kent Works Exhaust. The result turned out well, with with no gaps to the diffuser and looks like it will diffuse.

I also had to get the JDM license plate bracket and JDM bumper reinforcement, as USDMs did not fit. To go with the overall clean look of the Fabulous bumper, I decided to remove the Fabulous emblem, and shave the trunk emblem. Overall, I'm very satisfied with the kit and result, and everything turned out well how I visualized I wanted it to be. Although its going back to the shop to get minor adjustments and alterations to the bumper as there are minor imperfections. I also got the Craft Square mirrors painted same color as body to go with the clean look that the car portrays.

Last edited by ALBERTS2K; 07-25-2017 at 09:36 PM.
The following users liked this post:
S1 S2 (07-26-2017)
Old 07-25-2017, 09:28 PM

Received 418 Likes on 318 Posts

Excellent. This update is exactly what I needed today.
Old 07-25-2017, 09:39 PM

Thanks Cody, I'm glad to be of help
Old 07-25-2017, 11:22 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

just found this thread, super rad! loving the jdm ness.
Old 07-26-2017, 07:15 AM
Community Organizer

Received 217 Likes on 138 Posts

That bumper, combined with the diffuser, looks spectacular. I'm tempted to recreate something like this on my own car now. Well done, sir.
Old 07-26-2017, 11:22 AM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Looks great

Glad you decided to paint that center section of the bumper black. I don't think it would have looked nearly as good all color matched.
Old 07-26-2017, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by freezingcoffee
just found this thread, super rad! loving the jdm ness.
Thanks man, Im glad you like it!
Old 07-26-2017, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_
That bumper, combined with the diffuser, looks spectacular. I'm tempted to recreate something like this on my own car now. Well done, sir.
Thanks Ricky! I do need to adjust the diffuser and bring it up a tad bit, and it'll be all good. Yea, you should give it a go! If your planning to do it with your AP1 bumper and using a similar type of diffuser, I think cutting out the exhaust cap looks better than leaving the cap on. It doesn't flow as well, as there is no correlation with relating shapes of the exhaust cap shape to the diffuser.
Originally Posted by //steve\\
Looks great

Glad you decided to paint that center section of the bumper black. I don't think it would have looked nearly as good all color matched.
Thanks Steve, I agree I'm glad I did too. Although if I did paint it one single color, I would of figure out some way to make it work. But I would probably be cutting the bumper more than I would like to
Old 07-26-2017, 10:00 PM

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

That crooked license plate!!!!

Bumper looks great

Quick Reply: ALBERTS2K Build