Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Awhit's GPW AP1

Old 11-27-2018, 11:19 PM

Received 613 Likes on 420 Posts

Beautiful and tasteful setup; love the decisions you've made with the car as far as parts choices and restorations.

Who did you contact in order to get Amuse to make you that exhaust in 70mm? Did you contact them directly or did you have a vendor act as a middle man? Does Amuse have USA reps that could easily understand and forward the request? Really like that exhaust....I know it's a damned expensive piece but something I'd definitely like to add to my wish list.
Old 11-27-2018, 11:26 PM

Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Really nice! Great restoration.
Old 11-28-2018, 05:13 AM

Received 86 Likes on 49 Posts

Thanks a lot for the kind words everyone. I am really happy with the car! Also - I didn't mention in the initial posts but everything from the purchase to installing the current parts was made possible with the help of a few friends. They know who they are, and I am really lucky to have had their help.

Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_
Hey Alex! ATS secondary gear and a tune will wake the car right up! Looks fantastic!
Thanks Ricky. Those parts are more or less a big part of the mechanical refresh I am planning for early '19, so we are on a similar page!

Originally Posted by manystyles
Nice! Always wondered why you never had a build thread!

BTW, why sell the Spoon block?!
I knew I was not going to be using it for a while and thought it would be nice to have a little extra cash in my pocket in the meantime. Plus, with OEM blocks going way up in price/not even being available I thought it would be a quick sell. I was wrong - so I am just keeping it stored until I start the AP1's mechanical refresh.

Originally Posted by Kyle
Beautiful and tasteful setup; love the decisions you've made with the car as far as parts choices and restorations.

Who did you contact in order to get Amuse to make you that exhaust in 70mm? Did you contact them directly or did you have a vendor act as a middle man? Does Amuse have USA reps that could easily understand and forward the request? Really like that exhaust....I know it's a damned expensive piece but something I'd definitely like to add to my wish list.
I ordered through Origin Fabrication - they have relationships with a lot of other parts dealers. I basically told them what I wanted and it showed up!
Old 11-28-2018, 09:19 PM

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Keeping the block is a good move. If I had one, I'd just keep it for insurance.
Old 11-29-2018, 03:20 AM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Yeah!!!!! Glad to see you've started to document this. Looking forward to what's next. Also, the gang needs to hang....been too long.
Old 11-29-2018, 06:08 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Clean! The black hardtop on white looks really good with matching wheels
Old 11-30-2018, 05:15 AM

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Fantastic progress. Really well thought out build. Look forward to more
Old 12-02-2018, 08:42 AM

Received 77 Likes on 67 Posts

We need sound clips of that 70mm Euro S!
Old 12-02-2018, 08:07 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Subscribed. This is the type of build and attention to detail that i can appreciate!
Old 12-03-2018, 09:47 AM

Received 86 Likes on 49 Posts

Thanks everyone, the updates in the first 3 posts will probably be it until the car goes under the knife for "Phase 2" early next year. Maybe I can get a sound clip or 2 of the Amuse exhaust in the meantime for those who are interested.

Also, Steve - we definitely need to get the gang together. You were right about life speeding up and never slowing down, time has flown by!

Quick Reply: Awhit's GPW AP1