Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

blueprint's *Grand Prix White* AP1 Build

Old 02-08-2016, 03:36 PM

Received 59 Likes on 53 Posts

Tough crowd here
Old 02-08-2016, 07:53 PM

Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Frida83
Tough crowd here
Seriously....
Old 02-08-2016, 08:53 PM

Received 563 Likes on 394 Posts

Originally Posted by blueprint
Driving the GT4 would be an experience however daily commuting it in our glorious LA traffic is pointless, not to mention risky with all the distracted drivers we have out here.
Agreed

Originally Posted by blueprint
Of all the Porsche Owners i've met at Cars and Coffee and other events i would say only a small fraction actually track their cars. I haven't ruled it out entirely since Porsche did make it to be driven on the track however i do have my reservations and will use the S2000 for those track urges.
You don't find track drivers at Cars and Coffee - that's where garage queens and "show cars" gather. If you want to find track drivers, you go to the track... That said, I couldn't track a GT4. I'd have to make 4-5 times what I'm making now for me to feel comfortable with the possibility of writing it off (i'd need to make 2x what I'm making now to afford it. LOL!!!).
Old 02-08-2016, 11:04 PM

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Insurance.
Old 02-09-2016, 07:47 AM
Community Organizer

Received 217 Likes on 138 Posts

If you can't afford to write it off, don't put it on track.

However, if OP wanted to enjoy his GT4 on track (he should, they're exquisite) he could buy one-day track insurance and drive it relatively worry-free.
Old 02-09-2016, 10:23 AM

Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_

However, if OP wanted to enjoy his GT4 on track (he should, they're exquisite) he could buy one-day track insurance and drive it relatively worry-free.
That is what I was going to do with mine as I was going to sell the SpecE30 and S2000 to buy it.
Old 02-09-2016, 10:33 AM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Congrats again on the gt4! Cant wait to see pics of your ap1 done up.
Old 02-09-2016, 11:09 AM

Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_

I always get track day insurance... Always.

However if i do wreck this car i cant just go to the dealer and buy another one... Atleast not a new one in my specifications that i am waiting 6-7 months for.

Big reason why im keeping 1 of the s2000's is to satisfy those track urges.
Old 02-09-2016, 12:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah people don't get that wrecking the car would suck even with insurance. The car is made in limited numbers...and likely will appreciate in value as a classic and first of it's kind. I'd keep it nice and make sure it's safe too. Track junkies often don't seem to understand that a car can be enjoyed off the track too.
Old 02-09-2016, 12:45 PM

Received 563 Likes on 394 Posts

Originally Posted by TougeMaster
yeah people don't get that wrecking the car would suck even with insurance. The car is made in limited numbers...and likely will appreciate in value as a classic and first of it's kind. I'd keep it nice and make sure it's safe too.
Nope. don't understand it. I'm not into collecting "stuff" if i'm not going to use it. I don't believe in "saving" things for a "nice" occasion. If it so happens that something i'm using turns into a collector's item - great - that's icing on the cake.

If it's too nice to use on a regular basis, or I have reservations about it something - that means it's beyond my budget and means.

Originally Posted by TougeMaster
Track junkies often don't seem to understand that a car can be enjoyed off the track too.
This is like having the hot girlfriend that everyone is lusting after and all you ever do is go to the movies, hold hands, and maybe kiss every now and then... Gotta take it to the "track"

OP - last comment... done derailing your thread

I'd spend a bit more on the coilovers though - maybe HKS Hypermax IV (not much more than the Teins, but definitely track capable).

Quick Reply: blueprint's *Grand Prix White* AP1 Build