Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Corey Maurer going LS1! Updated 8/7

Old 11-09-2011, 06:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corey Maurer going LS1! Updated 8/7

OKay, I have compiled all my updates from the regional threads here! have a read and any comments suggestions or questions are welcome!

I went in search of exactly the car I wanted.. Left deposits on 3 different s2000s that were sold from under me.. which really voids the purpose of a deposit.. I was looking for something 2002 and up (no plastic window) for around 13-17K with below 40K miles.. I FINALLY found my gem.. 2002 Spa Yellow with 36k miles for 14K.. I know the price seemed a bit steep but this thing was in showroom condition, so I wasted no time with a deposit this time. I live in Saratoga (45 minutes north of Albany, NY) and this car was in SAINT LOUIS MISSOURI!! So, I called the dealership, I said "Explain to me exactly the condition of this car" To which my salesmen said, "Well, I just had a couple interested in a brand new TSX ask me when Honda released a new convertible, to which I said 2002, they were shocked this was not a brand new car". This conversation happened on a Saturday, my reply was "Cool, it is sold, I will be there Tuesday to pick it up do you want a deposit?". Shocked, he said well yes and thank you for possibly the easiest sale I have ever made.. I put down my deposit got my plane tickets and prepped for the long day and a half of flying and driving.. Flew to DC where I waited 3 hours in a lay over giddy as a school girl telling everyone who was around me my purpose that day! Got to the dealership, and fell in LOVE at first site with this car.. Signed the paperwork, payed the man, and before I knew it was on a 19 hour drive home. Top down the entire way! I was so happy with the car I continued to drive it when I finally arrived home taking it to my favorite roads to get used to it Then the modding started haha..

2002 Spa Yellow S2k

Engine:
Laskey Racing Stage 2 Built Head
-Supertech SS Valves
-Supertech Dual Valve Springs
-Supertech Bronze Valve Guides
-Supertech TI Retainers
-3 Angle Valve Job
Full Blown Motorsports H11 Headstuds
ChaseBays CM2 Tucked Harness With Milspec Connector and Integrated Charge Harness
ChaseBays Ground Kit
Precision 6266 T4 divided 1.15 A/R
PFab Twinscroll Manifold
PFab DumpTubes
PFab stage 3 backdoor intercooler
PFab intercooler piping
PFab 3 inch Downpipe
Tial MV-S wastegates
Tial Q BOV
Full Blown Motorsports Intake Manifold
Full Blown Motorsports 75mm throttle body
Innovative Motorsports 65a Motor Mounts
Full Blown Motorsports Dual Pump Hanger
(2)Full Blown Motorsports 340LPH Fuel Pump
Full Blown Motorsports XXL Fuel Rail
Racelab Fuel Filter inline
-8 Feed and Return Lines
Injector Dynamics 2000cc injectors
Mac boost solenoid
AEM Series 1 EMS
OMNI 4 bar map sensor
All stainless return and drain lines with AN fittings
ARP Manifold Studs
PWJDM Polished Hood Struts
Stinger Battery Relocated to Trunk

Transmission:
Competition Clutches stage 4 clutch kit
Innovative Motor Sports 65a Transmission Mount

Suspension:
BC Racing Type BR Coilovers

Wheels/Tires:
COR Precise Super Concave
Federal 595R tires
Muteki SR48 Extended Open Lugs

Exterior:
JS2k 6k HID Bulbs
Js2k keyhold plugs
Js2k License Plate LED
S2ki License Plate Frame
HeelToe Single Exhaust Cap (awaiting delivery)
OEM Front Lip
Custom Painted Headlights with Tinted diffusors (by me)
Custom Nightshaded tails and third brake lights (be me)
Custom Painted H Badges (by me)
De-Badged Fenders
Smoked Side Markers
35% Tint
Shine ASM Front bumper
Downforce Fenders
Shine ASM OverFenders w/ extensions
RX-7 Carbon Side Diffusers

Current Interior Mods
JS2k Dome LEDs
Js2k Footwell LEDs (awaiting instructions)
Js2k Trunk LED
Moddiction Anvil Mini Shift Knob

Thanks for looking and I welcome any comments, criticism, or questions!!

March 17th
USPS man dropped of some more PWJDM goodies
Sorry for crappy iPhone pics need to get the engine polished up and some real pictures taken SOON!

All Gathered!

Valve Cover Before:

Valve Cover After:

Radiator Stays Before:

Still gotta go grab wire to finish but its almost there!
Old 11-09-2011, 06:17 PM

Radiator Stays After:

Fender/Hood Bolts

Hood Latch (LOL)

Injector Rail

April 2nd
got the hood dampers on and shine over fenders in!

May 3rd
No real progress lately as I have been working on a few other things.. but had a big meet this weekend in remembrance of our buddy who passed a few months back.. about 140 cars and 45 bikes showed! what a great day! heres a few shots of the s2k people got for the day..

Old 11-09-2011, 06:18 PM

June 6th
Well, got some goods and did some work today

Sleeper mode annnnnnnnnnnd a little noise maker!

June 8

Electronic boost control through my EMS

PFab Quality..

Gotta have the intercooler piping shortened about 2.5 inches to retain stock front bumper grill for a sleeper look

PFab Quality
Old 11-09-2011, 06:19 PM

My insanely over engineered intercooler brackets I made today lmao

Apparently a 3 inch downpipe is supposed to fit there! Lol
June 14th
Got it out in the sun today!

Keep in mind the lip is not fully mounted in this picture and nor is the front bumper actually!
Driveway photoshoot lol

Toy S2k!!

Concave at a whole new level! lol

Artsy shot I found lol

E85- READY!

Update:
The car was supposed ot be done on Wednesday but through JEGs fantastic shipping the materials were delayed till today so I told the fabricator to take the weekend to make the downpipe and he said thats fine.. series of upcoming events are as follows..

Pick up the car Monday morning drive it to my buddies house who has a lift in his garage, install my clutch, fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, and fuel pressure gauge between Monday afternoon/night and Tuesday morning, go to a local meet Tuesday night afterwhich the car will be loaded on a trailer for the night..

Then we leave Wednesday morning at 5am to be at Evans by 10 for the tune!! GOD its so close I can taste it!
June 29th
Car made 500WHP and 345WTQ today!!!

Little Video of a race with a local Built SS Camaro
[media]http://img861.imageshack.us/img861/8047/jsm.mp4[/media]
June 16th
Well while everyone else was at the Big Zip drive today, I was home installing my innovative motor mounts! I bought them because one side of my tranny mount had a rip in the rubber.. and boy am I glad I did! Pulled the passenger motor mount to find out it was no longer one peice!

FUBAR^^

And now its been replaced with this nice peice!

June 27th
Some random shot I took of the interior today!

And pictures of my new flexfuel badge!!

Old 11-09-2011, 06:19 PM

August 15th
Just got my Shine ASM bumper..tossed it on, no bolts or anything just out of the box slapped on..

September 9th
WEll, havent updated in awhile.. got all my birthday presents installed except the exhaust cap cuz apparently heel toe is coming out with a Gen. 2 exhaust cap that supposedly fits better so I am waiting.. the footwells also arent done cuz Joey hasnt supplied a DIY yet.. waiting on that.. BUT my downforce +30mm fenders arrived from Evasive Motorsports yesterday and I had to test fit them All I can say is WOW.. a little drilled had to be done on the holes cuz they were VERY slightly off.. but overall awesome fitting fenders!

Front

Rear

Full Lock Clearance

Standing Tire Clearance
September 23rd
Blox Velocity stack showed up today

September 29th

One run I had..
October 21st
Okay, the car has some very bad front tires so it is up for the season, so I figured time to get cracking! About 8 hours into the project have every accessory from the engine bay removed, both wiring harnesses ran through there respective sides from inside the car to the fender area, coolant, fuel, and vacuum lines all removed engine ready to be pulled, all spot welded brackets drilled out and removed, fuse box, ditribution block and inline fuse for the battery are all installed, EPS is in the wiper cowl, ordering a rywire mil-spec harness soon, ABS and cruise will be retained and located in the drivers fender, heater hoses are going in the wiper cowl as soon as the motor is out, this is going to be a VERY long process but figured people might be interested to see how it goes down!

How my fusebox, distro block, and inline fuse are mounted, notice I used the stock grommet with a new hole to run the harness out of! and the fusebox is positioned so that I can just remove the wheel well to change a fuse if I REALLY need to ( but how often does that happen!)also you can see the hole drilled for running the EPS wires into the cowl (still need to buy a grommet for this hole it WILL NOT be left bare!

Driver side showing the relocated harness, and the use of the stock grommets again, the upper goes to the wiper motor and to the one wire that plugs into the bottom of the fuse block that holds the EPS fuse, and you can also see the cruise controls new home! That little black wire is the only wire on the driver side that needs to be extended to do this!

This is the entire harness for the secondary air pump (which of course has been deleted and this wiring is staying out)

This shows the one connector that needs to be depinned to remove this harness!

This is the connector that wire USED to go into, basically it supplies power to both the secondary air and EPS, so removing this connector and box wasnt going to happen, just de pin the one wire and you still have EPS power!

EPS in its new home, not bolted down yet cuz I want to see how well this is going to fit with the new heater hoses first (and yes, all those wires need to be extended, not a huge deal IMO

As she sits!
October 24th
forgot a few updates!

YESTERDAY AM

Im relocating EVERYTHING lol, no option of to the side

WELL, awesome weekend, my sister and her fiance got married and I was the best man! Had a blast, but unfortunately had to neglect the S for a few days, but I came home this morning on about 5 hours of sleep extremely hung over and got to work! Motor is on the ground I just have to go grabe the engine crane to lift the front of the car high enough to slide it out! And also have mounted mocked a few other things!

Enough of my blabber, on to the pics!

ABS Mounted in its new home! Just gotta get some loom and tape to finish my harness and the driver side will be DONE minus brake lines and throttle cable for the cruise!

EPS box and heater control valve mocked in place, I am going to come up with some way to make it all look cleaner, but for now it will work!
Old 11-09-2011, 06:20 PM

Motor down, ready to be carted away!

YESTERDAY PM

Today I had to swap a K motor in an Accord I bought so it was a hectic day! BUUUUUUUUUUT The s2000 is now motor/trannyless Everything is out of the bay and I got some VERY rough cut (no measuring, no taping, just eyeballing and cutting!) cardboard forms to start really working on the templates for the sheet metal I am going to have cut and welded in! I am really excited about how this thing is progressing thus far!

PICTURES!

TODAY!
Okay, spent a TON of time on this one, removed my seats, steering column, gauge cluster, air bag, and dash JUST to tuck my heater control valve and lines lol what a pain! but its an all in the spirit of customization

To date this is easily the most time consuming/labro intensive part..

On to the pics!

Apparently I was drunk when I took this picture of my interior lol

Where my interior now resides! (I need to spend a day recleaning my garage, all the tools and parts ive used/dont need anymore liing around are driving me insane!)

Heater core modified, anyone who has ever seen one knows the wo hoses consist of 2 90 degree bends a peice, basically I just cut off one of the 90s for each line and loosened the crimp on the bottom to turn them both upward to go into the cowl rather than the engine bay

where the heater control valve will be located, all holes were drilled out to allow these new locations and stock grommets were used for a clean look!

Close up of how things come out now!

Thanks to everyone who has been checking things out and posting positive comments, this thread will be continuing until I am finished so keep checking back in!
October 31st
few more updates..

10/25

Boring update today, just got the grinder out and hit a bunch of seam sealer, and started in on removing the front crossmemeber, most of my day was spent at school and the little time I worked on the S was simply to tear down the motor for powdercoating! here are pics from today!

Today:

Thanks for the info!

Got my head studs today, quality is topnotch, no surprise there! Little confused about how you have to drill the head bolt holes a bit bigger? But Mike Laskey has my head so I am going to call him tomorrow and just see if he can do that for me!

AND FINALLY got my welder back today, got all the random holes on the inner frame rails and the holes where the cross member used to be welded shut, along with the radiator stay holes, and got two of my filler plates cut and welded in! take a long time! But its coming along

First filler panel all welded in.. Showing a little before/after with and without the panel.. And also showing the radiator support just about finished..

Closer shot of the passenger filler panel all welded in..

Both panels in, the driver side is fully welded now, just wasnt when this picture was taken

Closer shot on the progress of the driver side

Started grinding down the weld on the driver side, called it quits for the night cuz my flap disk had no life left!

So far, a ton of hours have gone into this thing, but I am loving it, used a whole 1 pound spool of wire today!
November 1st

Smoothing things over This is gonna come out AWESOME!
Old 11-09-2011, 06:20 PM

2nd filler panel on the passenger side almost fully welded in!

And a shot of the man in action
November 4th
Well, todays update should be a lot bigger than it is BUT, on my way to buy my last sheet of sheetmetal to finish my filler panels.. my civic blew its motor! LMAO so, I now own a 2003 Honda Accord EX which isnt the worst thing in world, but certainly an unexpected expense, CHECK YOUR OIL BOYS! I have always picked on the people who allow this to happen, and now I am one of them.. live and learn, ANY

PICTURES:

Passenger side at the top where the fender bolts showing all smoothed and curved in from the top! Really like the way this is coming out, doing my best to get things as smooth as possible before going to body filler

Another filler panel in and another template made!

How things are looking on the driver side!

Another template made!

UNFORTUNATELY I forgot to take a picture of this welded in before grinding, but this is after smoothing the welded filler into the shock tower! Getting there...

Back passenger filler smoothed into the inner frame rail..

This one actually shows the nearly completed shock tower, for those that never noticed there are 2 weird like 1 inch humps on both shock towers, you can see I welded up and smoothed the left one and the right one I left just ground down so you guys could see they are just hollow lumps for apparently no reason other than I am imagining making the sheetmetal easier to shape from the factory, and you can see my passenger inner frame rail fully smoothed out!!
November 6th
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND got all the fillers at least tacked, ran out of wire or would have finished all the welding tonight! Time to purchase a die grinder and a dremel for the tricky spots and get to grinding things perfect!

November 7th
Didnt get much of anything done today as I still need to go get a compressor and die grinder, had to do some work on a Saab 9-3 for a friend and was so annoyed with the garage I had to clean it again, also got some srubbing done on the block!

Got the car outside for the first time in awhile today and snapped some shots of the bay, then brought it in and loosely fit all my body panels for the 2012 makeover

Downforce fenders
Shine ASM front bumper
Vented stock hood!

Out in the sun!

Little detail on what I can reach with the angle grinder!

Passenger side

Driver side

CamberWear lol

Old 11-09-2011, 06:21 PM

Preview of the 2012 Look!
November 9th
Well, COD is really slowing things down lol. but I bought a 17 gallon air tank to add to my compressor setup to run the die grinder, should be here within the week, Mike Laskey is putting in work on my head and Chase has my harness.. in the mean time I cut into my prestine body panels to make room for some 285s

Pictures of the progress, just need to re weld the seam and primer!

Outer skin cut and removed, slits cut in inner skin to bend up to create new outer seam

Unfortunately I forgot to grab a shot of the tabs all bent up, but the idea is cut all the slits then bend the metal up to the new edge to create the new lip, then cut the excess of the flaps off

Close up of the folder up flaps, weld these together and you have a new seam! Still gotta go grab wire to finish but its almost there!
Old 11-09-2011, 06:21 PM

All done for now!
Old 11-09-2011, 06:42 PM

Super nice!!

Quick Reply: Corey Maurer going LS1! Updated 8/7