Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

d1000rr's build

Old 01-07-2016, 11:01 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Ok, so I'll reinstall the metal "L" shaped bracket under the headlight...
Also, the bumper slides right into the middle of the center undertray so I don't think I'll need to remove or trim it... but the undertray portion in front of the front tires (left and right under side of the bumper) is hitting the bumper so it looks like I'll have to trim or remove that portion.

I'm ok with removing it all if I have to.... the bumper came with a carbon fiber undertray but I also just bought a Wasp Splitter so it should cover the whole underside.
Old 01-07-2016, 01:54 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Okay now that I see the pictures I'll try to explain as best as I can on how I installed the authentic bumper. It looks just about the same but few things are missing on your bumper.

1. Fender Liner holes and Under tray holes.

I notice that, theres no hole under the bumper to mount the tray and the liner. On the authentic bumper, there are multiple holes. For example, the fender liner has I believe 3 or 4 screws of 10mm in each side. Thats mounted under the bumper where there bumper mold dips down. Under tray mounts above that.

You probably dont need any trimming. just matter of making a hole and use 10mm bolt to lock them down.

For under tray, you might have to use, counter sunk nut or motorcycle flaring bolts to mount them.

** Is best to remove the center liner since you dont need it. Is much easier to mount the fender liner on to the front bumper without it.**

Your missing the bracket right under the headlight. Mount those back and the bumper should fit tightly.

PM me and I will send you a email of a picture how the bumper is mounted.
Old 01-08-2016, 09:14 AM

^^ Thanks for the help and the pictures...

I will reinstall the headlight brackets and I'll remove the center undertray...

I won't be using the spoon undertray because I bought a Wasp undertray anyways so I'm not too concerned about it not having any holes underneath.

But once I get around to installing it I'll post up more pictures.
Old 01-12-2016, 02:29 PM

any update? try fitting them?
Old 01-12-2016, 03:41 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

wheel fitment with the Spoon fenders look great!
Old 01-12-2016, 04:20 PM

Yes. But I'm a rookie with fitting aftermarket body work. A buddy that works at a body shop will be coming by to help me align things.

Old 01-12-2016, 04:55 PM

That fitment looks pretty good. your almost there. Make sure you bolt up the fenders to the headlight first. Make sure fenders are fitted the best way possible. From what I see, The authentic fender fits real nice. slight moving here and there but overall real good.

who did you buy the fenders from?

Bumper fitment is almost spot on. It looks like the bumper can slightly close the gap under the headlight. But overall, fitment looks pretty good. I'd say 9/10. You just need slight adjustment.

Did you remove the center liner? Also, did you get the fog lights and lens? Could you post pictures of those parts when you got time. Im curious how the fog lights are mounted and what type of fog lights it is. Lens cover also gets me curious, since the follows the round air duct hole.

I wish I can help you out, only If I lived in Canada.
Old 01-13-2016, 07:47 AM

ya the fitment is good... my buddy said he can probably line up everything better than what I did.

I did order all the hardware. The foglights are TYC which from what I read might be off a Mazda...? and I have lenses as well... I'll take pics later.
I also did remove the center undertray.

Old 01-13-2016, 07:55 PM

Here you go.

free upload image
Old 01-13-2016, 09:56 PM

I think those lens are authentic. I haven't seen any replica lens floating around due to curve and cut. I notice that your bumper is not pre-drilled for those lens to fit. You can look for something like this on ebay or something.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Quantity-...pV2x0P&vxp=mtr

Is called Well Nut. Is rubber but has treaded ends attach to it. This is used on the authentic ones. I remember I had to purchase 2 pcs due to misplacing them. I can't recall if it was M3 or M4 well nut. The screw was just black tapered Philip screws. Looks something like this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20X-Flat-Hea...18q5LeW9B2214Q

you'll get much cleaner look this way.

I was looking into these type of lights:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-9LED-Roun...1VlLBq&vxp=mtr

3 1/2" LED lights. Something different.

So far, everything looks good my friend. Keep us posted.

Quick Reply: d1000rr's build