Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

daily driven Track car Build--Ap1

Old 02-24-2017, 02:20 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm curious and somewhat amazed that your body shop removed nothing before painting - mirrors, door handles, tail and 3rd brake lights etc. some of these parts come off in moments and avoid masking lines etc. do you know why they didn't pull anything?

Cheers,

Earlysport
Old 02-24-2017, 03:29 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Earlysport
I'm curious and somewhat amazed that your body shop removed nothing before painting - mirrors, door handles, tail and 3rd brake lights etc. some of these parts come off in moments and avoid masking lines etc. do you know why they didn't pull anything?

Cheers,

Earlysport
im gonna guess its alot easier for them. He said the car is ready for pickup but we had a nasty snow storm so i have to wait till monday
Old 03-01-2017, 09:13 AM

got it back yesterday. cant stand the smell of paint. Looks like its going to be a while before that smell leaves the car completely. washed it last night

New read H badge

Rust spot gone!

Test fitting compact subwoofer in passenger side footwell area. Going to have to fabricate some kind of a bracket to mount it
Old 03-02-2017, 07:25 PM

Ordered these yesterday but looks like they dont have the rear tires in stock
Old 03-03-2017, 01:28 PM

Next up on the list upgrading the valve retainers and keepers to those from an AP2. Should be doing it in next couple of weeks

Also replaced the side markers with OEM Cr side markers

The old ones were some aftermarket dark ones and the chrome around them was falling apart. Nice not to have the emblems on fender anymore

New Cr side markers in place and new amber bulbs replace too!

The old ones that were replaced
Old 03-05-2017, 11:42 AM

Installed a modifry shift beeper i picked up a while back

Ziptied and mounted up in dash area on passenger side

its not very hard to install. pretty straight forward. only thing i not much room in that area to work.
FYI for anyone that installs this in the future. it says to tap into the blue wire on c204 connector however there are 3 blue wires. the ones you want is the one that doesnt have a stripe running through it.

Also easiest way to test if you have installed this correct without even having to leave your driveway i set the trigger rpm to 3000 and that way you dont need to rev high just to test the device. After that you can go ahead and set it to whatever rpm you so choose to shift at
Old 03-07-2017, 09:01 PM

Been holding out on replacing my fuel pump. I think its been on the way out for months and finally it was starting to draw the last straw this weekend almost leaving me stranded a few miles from home. I went with a walbro 255lph and it was a straight forward install. The only thing that sucks about the job is trying to put the rear plastic panels back in.

Good idea to have a bucket to catch the fuel that leaks out.

Old pump next to new pump.

Got the windows tinted too. No more being blinded at night by other cars. 20% all around

Old 03-08-2017, 11:46 AM

Got my new Hankook Rs4 in today. Mounted and ready to go. Now if the weather can cooperate into convincing the track owners to open up early this season.

Weights covered in aluminum tape so they dont ever come off

Old 03-08-2017, 12:08 PM

Received 118 Likes on 94 Posts

Can the OEM FPR keep up with the 255 pump at low pulse widths?
Old 03-08-2017, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by yamahaSHO
Can the OEM FPR keep up with the 255 pump at low pulse widths?
idk about low pulse widths(i dont get all the tuning jargon) but so far no issues at all and the car runs great. its very clear to me that the fuel pump has had issues for months and i just didnt know it. the walbro is great so far. just a tiny bit noisier when i put the key in on position but once engine starts i cant really hear it

Quick Reply: daily driven Track car Build--Ap1