Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Dave@Canibeat.com's Laguna Blue Project

Old 09-23-2017, 10:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Still one of my favorite S2000s of all time. Perfection, especially on the TEs.
Old 09-24-2017, 08:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Regamasters > than TE's! I would never sell those wheels.
Old 10-18-2017, 06:05 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dt07si
No major updates to the car... I put my TE37's back on the car a few weeks ago, after running the Advan's and Regamasters for most of the year.

I decided it's time to simplify things and sell my NSX Spec Regamaster Evo's so I just listed them for sale in the Marketplace.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/wheels-t...white-1177375/

Here is a photo of the wheels for reference...

I got a new hood and several other small parts for the car over the winter that I haven't installed so hopefully I'll have some updates soon!
I follow you on IG man, such a clean build! Definitely an inspiration for me
Old 11-15-2017, 10:36 AM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mugenjibz
Still one of my favorite S2000s of all time. Perfection, especially on the TEs.
Thanks a lot man!

Originally Posted by MoonrockAP1
Regamasters > than TE's! I would never sell those wheels.
Unfortunately, the Regas are gone! Will always be one of my all time favorite wheels, but I got tired of switching wheels and having to readjust my ride height and alignment for each set since they are all different specs. Not to mention keeping up with cleaning white wheels on a car that spends most of its time outdoors.

Originally Posted by Champ209
I follow you on IG man, such a clean build! Definitely an inspiration for me
Thanks man!
Old 11-15-2017, 11:42 AM

Well next month marks 7 years with this car so I thought I'd post a 2017 recap. I started out the year excited to change a few things and do some more track days, but unfortunately I only ended up doing one track day and only got a few new parts on the car. Hopefully I'll have a little bit more free time and motivation to install some of the parts over the winter, but I'd be lying if I haven't had my eyes on other cars or projects around the house.

Here is a recent photo of the car from October at an annual show I host in NJ called First Class Fitment.

Just a couple photos of the Eibach Sway bar and the new Limited Edition Alcantara Momo Monte Carlo steering wheel, with my Limited Edition Blue Horn button from my other wheel.

I also picked up a set of Toyo R888R tires for my Advan RZ's to use as a track setup.

And here are some photos of the parts I have waiting to go on the car since I haven't shared them...

I picked up a Spoon Rigid Collar Kit, Black radiator stays, and magnetic drain bolts for the trans and oil pan.

I've always loved the reverse scoop styling of the Powerhosue Amuse Hood, but I just can't justify the $4k-5k+ price tag. So I worked with my friends at ICB Motorsports to source what I believe is one of the first Swift Sports FRP hoods in the US. Still need to get it painted, and have just been hesitating since I will probably respray the entire front end to repair some rock chips.

Once I get the hood painted I'll weigh the OEM hood and the Shift Sports and compare the two. I'm not expecting much of a difference or weight loss, but I figure some people may be curious.

It took over 8 months to arrive, but I think it should compliment the rest of the car nicely and is a great alternative to the Amuse hood.

Aside from the J's racing header and a Mugen Oil cap I don't have much going on under the hood of my car, so I decided it was time to change things up a little. I worked with Mark at Origin Fabrication to customize an '06+ AP2 valve cover and outfit with -10AN fitting in the OEM locations for the PCV and the breather port. I also purchased one of his dual oil/coolant catch cans and had both coated in a Cerakote finish. I have all the new spark plug and valve cover gaskets, but I want to do a valve adjustment, and spark plug replacement when I get around to installing the valve cover. I just need to get the AN fittings and hose and I'll have everything I need. I also picked up a set of the Origin Fabrication front upper control arm offset bushings to get a few more mm's of clearance up front.

Last edited by dt07si; 11-15-2017 at 11:55 AM.
Old 11-15-2017, 09:53 PM

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Very interested to see how the fitment is on the hood.
Old 11-16-2017, 04:07 AM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Looking great Dave! Keep this thing.
Old 11-23-2017, 08:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome!!
Old 11-24-2017, 12:33 PM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Hope to see this at a NASA Northeast | National Auto Sports Association North East event in 2018.
Old 12-04-2017, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by arsenal
Very interested to see how the fitment is on the hood.
I'll be sure to post an update when I get around to test fitting it!

Originally Posted by //steve\\
Looking great Dave! Keep this thing.
Thanks Steve!

Originally Posted by crazyjetsfan22
Awesome!!
Thanks Dave! What's up with your S?

Originally Posted by freq
I hope to make it out to at least one 2018 NASA event. I was at the Pocono event this year, but I was wearing my photographer hat that day and covering the event for Turn14/Front Street.