Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Feezy's Build Thread - 2002 New Formula Red

Old 04-27-2012, 02:11 PM

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

huh?

Edit: That's funny you're right. I wonder where they found the pictures.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Feezy
Originally Posted by BoostedH' timestamp='1335485029' post='21647123
The Precedeos look awesome on your car! I think you should sell me the Regas !
That might be a possibility in the not to distant future. You specifically are going to love the next round of pictures that I have to post up.

Keep me posted. Cant wait for the new pictures!
Old 07-09-2012, 04:04 PM

Best NFR S2000 on the planet. bar none. Wheels are legit as hell.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:32 PM

I have said it many times, and I will say it once more, "YOUR CAR IS F'ING AMAZING." When I think of stock perfection, your car comes to mind every time. Now if there was some way to convince you to boost it...
Old 10-30-2012, 01:01 PM

This thing need an update like Bieber needs a hole in the head.
Preferably with ITBs, backyards can wait.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:59 AM

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

Sadly, this update doesn’t include ITB’s. Well see what happens in the New Year.

I’ve been stockpiling a few parts this year and with the year coming to an end it seems like a good time to list all the new junk I’ve picked up this year.

BNIB OEM AP1 NFR Front Lip:

I figured having a spare lip might come in handy someday, and I was lucky enough to find someone who had this thing sitting in his garage that had never been mounted on a car. It’s currently taking up space in my spare bedroom.

OEM Seatback Pouches:

I managed to get my hands on two of these. One was BNIB the other was hung up and had never had anything put in it. I like having all of the little factory options so I threw these in the car.

ARC Titanium Eggplant Shift Knob:

This is a left over from my first S2000 and has been sitting in a box for around eight or nine years. I love the way it looks, the only problem is it just sits so low that the bottom portion of it goes well into the shift boot. Mine is the machined/satin/mirror finish so it matches all of the shiny accents in the AP1 (02-03) interior. I’m planning on having a shift boot made to go along with the knob that is much shorter so that the base of the knob will sit right on top of it. Hopefully I’ll get around to that sometime soon.

OEM E-Brake Handle, OEM AP1 (02-03) Door Panels, and OEM AP2 Steering Wheel:

I picked all of this stuff up so that I have them ready and available when I finally decide to pull the trigger on having interior work done. I refuse to change or modify my OEM parts (if at all possible) so I’ve been collecting replacements that I can have done and then swap out. I have a general idea of what I want to do with the interior but it’s really going to depend on what seats I end up going with. Once I choose the seats everything else will fall into place, but if you know me… well… that’s probably never going to happen. >_<

EZ Motoring Full Length Floor Mats:

I picked these up to save the ‘humps’ in my OEM carpet from wearing. I have to say, for what they are they are definitely worth it. I run these full time and they take a pretty decent beating. Take that with a grain of salt though. I’ve put all of 1500 miles, maybe, on the car this year and I’m very careful with the car. No rain, no mud, no dust storms, you know… nothing dirty. I still think these mats are worth it if you don’t have access to the next item on my list.

OEM Premium Floor Mats:

I finally, finally, finally, finally, got my hands on these damn things. I was in on the last group buy for them but due to the low quantity that was available I unfortunately did not get a set. I made a deal with a friend who got a set and when he was ready to sell his car I purchased these from him. These things are basically new. I don’t know if he ever actually ran themin his car. All of the carpet is clean and dirt free and the emblems are flawless. No scratches nothing. These bad boys are currently hiding underneath my bed in an airtight sealed bag. I’ll use them for shows, and special occasions. If I can find a second set I’ll run them full time. I just don’t want to install the hardware if they aren’t going to be in the car 100% of the time.

Mugen AP1 Exhaust:

I’ve put off purchasing an exhaust for a while because, well, if you haven’t figured it out by now I’m far too picky for my own good. The Mugen is one of three exhausts that I would consider running on my car in it’s current set up and I was lucky enough to come across an incredibly good deal on one. I decided to pick it up until I pull the trigger on something much crazier. I’ve had two of these previously, and I just can’t get over how incredible these sound. No drone, no rasp, no boominess, nothing. It makes the S2000 sound expensive with a very refined and crisp tone. It’s one of the best, if not the best sounding exhausts for the S2000 period. I could care less about making an extra five horse power when my car sounds like a lawnmower. The only problem I have with the exhaust is that the raw titanium is to dark of a shade of silver for me. If this thing came polished I would have made this purchase a long time ago. Maybe I’ll look into polishing it or some other solution… we’ll have to see how creative/motivated I get…

Mugen License Plate Bolts:

A friend picked these up and then parted his car out about a week later. I needed/wanted a set of these for my license plate to get rid of the ugly bolts that were there. I have to say, while these bolts looks better than what was there these things are a waste of money. I was expecting a lot more from these. I was always under the impression that the Mugen logo is engraved on the washers that come with these bolts. It’s not. It is some sort of Laser Etching on the surface. It’s faint, kind of blurry up close, and has kind of a brown’ish tinge to it. I get that these are just dress bolts, but this is the first time I’ve ever been disappointed with the quality of something Mugen. I now need to look into an alternative solution, perhaps the ASM bolts but I’m betting they are the same nonsense. I might look into having something custom done instead. That way I get what I want.

Tidus888 Vacuum Block:

Yeah this showed up at my house one day… I’m not sure what this is for…

J’s Key Hole Covers:

I picked up a set of these to clean the door and trunk keyholes up. When they are in they are great, but the paint chips on these things so easily. I’ve never been able to remove them without chipping off some paint around the edges. Hell, even pushing in the one on the trunk lid for the first time chipped the paint off. It’s not that big of a deal though, after all they run something to the tune of $10 for three of them. They are cheap enough to be considered consumables as far as I am concerned. I need to put in an order for a few more sets.

New OEM Battery:

As it turns out, if you hardly drive your car you battery tends to die. I know, I’m just as shocked as you are. It was time for me to replace the battery so I just picked up a new OEM one. I need to get my hands on a trickle charger as well.

CNC’d Center Cap Replicas:

The original caps are cast, and they ding and dent relatively easily and you have to beat on them pretty hard from the rear of the wheel to get them out. Not only was I afraid of losing one of them, I’ve also been concerned about damaging them by having to hammer them out of the wheel. I decided to do something about it and with the help of a friend I had a bunch of blank caps CNC'd. I have had a box with about 46 blank center caps sitting in my house for over a year now. They are exact replicas of my current caps, only they are blank with no detail. They fit into the wheels perfectly, and as they were CNC’d out of bars of aluminum they much more precise and the quality is much better than the originals.

As I mentioned, I’ve been sitting on these caps for quote some time. I was running a set of them in my wheels for a while to cover up the hubs. The wheels just don’t have the same wow factor with the blank center caps as they do with the originals. Through a conversation with an associate at work about an unrelated topic I was introduced to another coworker who no only is into all things automotive, he also happened to have a CNC machine in his garage and enjoys taking on small custom projects. It’s taken quite a bit longer than we had initially anticipated, but the graphic from the original center caps was rebuilt first in Illustrator then in CAD. I’m expecting to have some prototypes of the design within the next few weeks. Once we are happy with those I am going to have 12 of my blank center caps CNC’d with the design from the original caps. I can not begin to explain how excited I am for this to happen. Not only will I no longer fear losing a cap, but with them being completely CNC’d the quality on these is going to surpass the originals.

Once it’s all said and done I’m going to look into having a little display box made for the original caps.

That is pretty much where the car sits right now. I’m going to do what I can to snap some pictures of everything; hopefully I can get all of that up by the end of this weekend.

Thank you all for reading this, and I hope you enjoy your cars ad much as I do mine.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:54 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

need more pics, love seeing your NFR!
Old 12-20-2012, 06:08 PM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Wanted beater wheels and got Rega's... I'm jealous.

Really love how simple and well-thoughtout this build is. Definitely enjoy looking at it as I love NFR S2's..
Old 01-08-2013, 05:54 PM

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Your car is ridiculous... I absolutely love it.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:42 PM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

Pics of said exhaust on the car please. Its only a matter of time for the ITB's.

Quick Reply: Feezy's Build Thread - 2002 New Formula Red