Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Fernando's S2000 // Daily Driven Build Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 11:55 AM

Received 158 Likes on 121 Posts

Your car is 100% the reason why I want them. They've been my favourite wheels since I was 15 years old and I had them on my old Integra, I wanted to put them on this car when I bought it 4 years ago but I was too scared of rolling fenders on a car with 29k on it. Now I'm at 60k and I don't really care anymore.

The only issue is that I'm only lowered on spring and coilovers aren't in my budget this year unfortunately as I just bought the Recaro - so I'm afraid it'll look a little silly since the offset is more aggressive than my S2k spec CE's.

My ride height with the Tein springs is around this, if not a tad higher:

Old 02-06-2015, 12:16 PM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

It won't look as good but will still look nice. I had them on my Berlina for a short time with Espelir springs and was still pretty happy with how they looked. Don't overlook something as simple as Koni yellows/GC sleeves. Still a pretty decent setup that can be done relatively cheap. Heck Konis on the lower perch with your current springs might put you where you want to be.

If I was on a budget I'd also buy the Buddy Club N+. Been in a few cars with them, some with a lot of miles on the shocks and they ride much nicer than their price tag would dictate.

Enkei's silver is such a perfect match to Sebring.
Old 02-06-2015, 02:22 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Fernando get the RPF1s already and join the crew! I agree with Steve's choices for a simple, budget coilover setup. I'm actually considering the Buddy Club N+ as a temporary setup so I can sell my current coils to free up some cash and pay for school stuff (trying to be responsible for a change). Don't tell anyone here on the boards though, they might unfriend me
Old 02-06-2015, 02:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interested in that Momo tuner. I've found it on many websites but they all look like they come with some type of plate covering in the middle where the bolts go in. How did yours come? Steering wheels looks clean though and I've been looking for something like that for quite some time now.
Old 02-06-2015, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by //steve\\
It won't look as good but will still look nice. I had them on my Berlina for a short time with Espelir springs and was still pretty happy with how they looked. Don't overlook something as simple as Koni yellows/GC sleeves. Still a pretty decent setup that can be done relatively cheap. Heck Konis on the lower perch with your current springs might put you where you want to be.

If I was on a budget I'd also buy the Buddy Club N+. Been in a few cars with them, some with a lot of miles on the shocks and they ride much nicer than their price tag would dictate.

Enkei's silver is such a perfect match to Sebring.
Yeah the springs will only be temporary, but I definitely won't have coils in the next 6 months, unless I sell my hardtop! It's been up on the market for a month or so and I've been getting nothing but lowballs, so we'll see.

Originally Posted by s1mba
Fernando get the RPF1s already and join the crew! I agree with Steve's choices for a simple, budget coilover setup. I'm actually considering the Buddy Club N+ as a temporary setup so I can sell my current coils to free up some cash and pay for school stuff (trying to be responsible for a change). Don't tell anyone here on the boards though, they might unfriend me
Hahah, that's what I like to hear, I'd love to join the crew!

That is one thing I've noticed that's different between the Honda-Tech crowd from when I had my Integra on Function & Form coils and now on S2ki with this car. On HT it was very typical or normal to run Function & Form, D2, K-Sport, or any other budget entry level coilover and no one batted an eye. Even the hardcore track junkies with their EG's were still using <$1000 coils. I understand this is an S2000, everything is more money and using cheap coilovers might not be suitable, but I feel like if you don't buy KW's or Ohlins's at the least, you'll get roasted. :/ This car is 90% street/daily driven as well, I think I do maybe 1 or 2 track events throughout the whole summer.

Originally Posted by abalagurak
Interested in that Momo tuner. I've found it on many websites but they all look like they come with some type of plate covering in the middle where the bolts go in. How did yours come? Steering wheels looks clean though and I've been looking for something like that for quite some time now.
That's just the horn button ring. That ring goes on top of the horn button to make sure it doesn't fall out, but I think the ring is ugly as fuhh and my horn button stays in place perfectly fine even with my quick release and removing the wheel all the time.
Old 02-06-2015, 03:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fernando.
Originally Posted by abalagurak' timestamp='1423267186' post='23496627
That's just the horn button ring. That ring goes onto of the horn button to make sure it doesn't fall out, but I think the ring is ugly as fuhh and my horn button stays in place perfectly fine even with my quick release and removing the wheel all the time.
Gotcha. Yeah, the ring doesn't look good and I prefer the way yours looks.
Old 02-06-2015, 03:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You shouldn't worry about getting roasted though. At least you are conscious of the fact that you don't want crappy parts on your car. Not that you should go buy some eBay sleeves or something, but there are plenty of wise options out there that fit small budgets. If someone roasts you for not having V3's or DFV's, they obviously care more about the price tag that you put on your car than the passion you're putting into your car. Not everyone has the budget to blow 2800 dollars of coilovers, regardless of where they are in life, but we all share the same passion for the s2000, not to sound cheesy or anything. But it's true. Do what you can now, then improve on the parts list when you're able to.
Old 02-06-2015, 05:11 PM

Received 3,371 Likes on 2,450 Posts

You've got a quality set of wheels there, you can't get much better than Volks. As nice as RPF1's are you are going down in quality from a Volk setup. If you have a free paint job coming your way I'd say take it, the bronze looks nice to me. If you get bored of them you can always sell bronze volks easier than a set of blurple rims. lol.
Old 02-07-2015, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by abalagurak
Gotcha. Yeah, the ring doesn't look good and I prefer the way yours looks.
Yeap, just don't install the ring and you're good to go.

Originally Posted by superbrand0n
You shouldn't worry about getting roasted though. At least you are conscious of the fact that you don't want crappy parts on your car. Not that you should go buy some eBay sleeves or something, but there are plenty of wise options out there that fit small budgets. If someone roasts you for not having V3's or DFV's, they obviously care more about the price tag that you put on your car than the passion you're putting into your car. Not everyone has the budget to blow 2800 dollars of coilovers, regardless of where they are in life, but we all share the same passion for the s2000, not to sound cheesy or anything. But it's true. Do what you can now, then improve on the parts list when you're able to.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Originally Posted by JFUSION
You've got a quality set of wheels there, you can't get much better than Volks. As nice as RPF1's are you are going down in quality from a Volk setup. If you have a free paint job coming your way I'd say take it, the bronze looks nice to me. If you get bored of them you can always sell bronze volks easier than a set of blurple rims. lol.
I disagree. RPF1's aren't exactly Rotas or XXR's, they're still quality wheels especially when Honda uses them to manufacture some of the higher end OE wheels on the Civic Si, Accord EX-R, ect. No matter what colour I redo the Volks in I'm still going to be bored of them, I want to try some more aggressive fitting wheels and I think this is the perfect opportunity since I can sell these, buy new RPF1's and have enough left over to buy 2 front tires which I need regardless. Not to mention RPF1's are relatively easy to sell since they fit just about all cars and I can always get back into a set of Volks in a more appealing offset later on down the road.

I loved the way they looked on my Integra, and they're still one of my favourite wheels ever made.

Integra - 2011
by fernando.k, on Flickr
Old 02-07-2015, 03:04 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I am confused on your decision to get rid of your volks. You said they are fantastic fitment for a s2000 but now you are saying the only thing you don't like is the fitment. I was going to buy the same setup because of your comment, now I am not so sure haha.

Quick Reply: Fernando's S2000 // Daily Driven Build Thread