Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

GPW ASM S2000

Old 04-26-2017, 04:34 PM

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewhake
Fender and hood vents should look great! They looks fantastic on Son's car. You think you are going to rivet them on? Or maybe try countersunk allen head bolts similar to ASM?
I been looking at the ASM GT 10 hood from all angles and i want to countersunk them so bad. I am not in a rush to install them at all. I am going to shop around my area, and see if there is a shop that will be able to do a clean countersunk job on both the hood and fender. But we will have to wait and see first.

Pretty big aero benefit. Evacuating the air the builds up in the fenders from the airflow the tires generate can reduce front lift quite a lot. Also should reduce drag up front.
This is 100% correct, and thank you for confirming the reason these are installed on the fender.

Originally Posted by tama05
That's going to look just like the GT-10 hood when it's all said and done. Those fender vents looked great as well.
I have been wanting vents on my hood for so long, and 50% was because of the GT 10 hood.

Originally Posted by sirbikealot7
Source for the vents? I need some of those! Car looks great.
for the fastest reply, i would recommend to PM on Instagram. His S/N is N00dler
Old 04-26-2017, 05:01 PM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I appreciate it, I connected with him a couple days ago. Have a set on the way.
Old 04-26-2017, 05:13 PM

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by RussianHammer
I been looking at the ASM GT 10 hood from all angles and i want to countersunk them so bad. I am not in a rush to install them at all. I am going to shop around my area, and see if there is a shop that will be able to do a clean countersunk job on both the hood and fender. But we will have to wait and see first.
Ah yeah countersinking the entire thing would be cool, but just countersinking the bolts would be pretty nice too. The ASM GT-10 hood is probably molded to inset the removable panels.
Old 04-27-2017, 09:45 AM

Ah yeah countersinking the entire thing would be cool, but just countersinking the bolts would be pretty nice too. The ASM GT-10 hood is probably molded to inset the removable panels.
Im sure if they didnt discontinue the GT 10. you would of had it by now! That is very true in regards to the panels. but it is very smart as well. I am now sitting here pondering on why not have some panels made too.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:25 AM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

For fender vents to work properly don't the liners also need to be vented. I can't imagine that having vents in the top of the fenders but running full fender liners would actually help anything. Most people leave fender liners intact as they should (unless it's a dedicated track car and you have absolutely no wiring running through the wheel well)
Old 04-27-2017, 12:02 PM

yes, that is 100% correct, for the vents to be useful you do need...venting. However, i have never ran fender liners in all the years of owning my car. So it has never been a issue of mine.
But with the design of a s2000 fender liner for those who run them. you can modify it by cutting the top and letting them vent.
Old 04-27-2017, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by RussianHammer
Im sure if they didnt discontinue the GT 10. you would of had it by now! That is very true in regards to the panels. but it is very smart as well. I am now sitting here pondering on why not have some panels made too.
I am an Amuse hood man myself.

I think with these I wouldn't try to have the panels insert into the hood like the GT 10, and install them similarly to how n00dler has them on his car, but you could use countersunk rivnuts on the hood instead of rivets, and use countersunk bolts on the louver panels to attach and get a nice clean look. Trying to inset the panel on the hood would be hard to get the fitment perfect and you would have to add extra material.
Old 04-27-2017, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by //steve\\
For fender vents to work properly don't the liners also need to be vented. I can't imagine that having vents in the top of the fenders but running full fender liners would actually help anything. Most people leave fender liners intact as they should (unless it's a dedicated track car and you have absolutely no wiring running through the wheel well)
Would be pretty easy to trim the liners to match without really having to worry about any wiring or anything.
Old 04-28-2017, 03:38 AM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Would be pretty easy to trim the liners to match without really having to worry about any wiring or anything.
Agreed, but it's not stated anywhere that it should be done so giving the illusion to the uninformed that you slap on fender vents and get magic downforce. I know it's just clever marketing and reality is 95% of the people that buy them are getting it for show but that's fine.
Old 04-28-2017, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by //steve\\
Agreed, but it's not stated anywhere that it should be done so giving the illusion to the uninformed that you slap on fender vents and get magic downforce. I know it's just clever marketing and reality is 95% of the people that buy them are getting it for show but that's fine.
Well the guy who had these made, has made it quite clear what is needed. It isn't really clever marketing at all, you do just slap these on and get "magic" front downforce basically, trimming the fender liners to allow them to function is just part of slapping them on. The more turbulent airflow you can remove from the wheel well the less lift and drag you will get from that area, so as long as the louvers have reasonably sized openings are are decently designed it should work quite well.

Quick Reply: GPW ASM S2000