Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

GPW ASM S2000

Old 04-16-2014, 02:25 AM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

I hate the ASM flares molded. Looks perfect just the way it is.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:05 AM

No fitment issues with the exhuast? I saw a good review from someone that was having a few problems with the fit on their car. Exhuast looks nice and the price is good.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:58 AM

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by ICULOOKN
LOve the wheels. Nice car!
Thank you sir! the color grew on me!

Originally Posted by dannythewonder
Dang pretty badass! You should have had your body guy mold the overfenders into your car so it looks like one piece.
Thank you! I actually didnt want to mold them on specifically because if anything was to happen to them, it can always be a easy replacement.

Originally Posted by //steve\\
I hate the ASM flares molded. Looks perfect just the way it is.
the look is nice, as it has a oem flare. But again, if they crack for any reason, then you are in a crap hole.

No fitment issues with the exhaust? I saw a good review from someone that was having a few problems with the fit on their car. Exhaust looks nice and the price is good.
The only slight fitment issue i had was that the anchor provided (connects to rear subframe) was too short. That is because the exhaust was made around a OEM AP2. What i mean about this is that my car was the Half shaft spacers, and because the shafts are spaced, this caused the bolts to hit the pipe.

I just had the anchor bar extended by 1/2 inch. and problem fixed. Aside form that, the exhaust did hang a bit low. So the rear lower tie bar needed to be removed or i think it would rattle. This can be easily over come by either using a tie bar that looks like the GT spec one with exhaust curve clearance, or just simply running 5mm spacers on the tie bar, to let is come down lower letting the exhaust clear.

Personally, for the price and the sound and performance. It was worth every penny. Especially!!! The drone.... None. I mean none at all from a 70mm single.. Unheard of. but none!! Cruising in all the ranges... 30, 40, 65, 70, 75, 80, there is no drone. Just hear tires spinning. But just tap the pedal and it has a throaty growl.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:36 AM

Thanks for the info. I'm really of thinking about picking one up. Price is really good too for what the quality appears to be.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:12 AM

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by TEASPOONGUY
Originally Posted by //steve\\' timestamp='1397566382' post='23113272
I like the sound of orange TEs!

I'm also a fan of the HC+800 pad for how I use my car. I think it will make a decent track pad until you start to get faster and brake harder and later. My only complaint is they dust badly but I don't daily drive the car so it isn't too much of a bother to me.

Yea, I wonder if they still allow them for special order. But its so hard for me to buy wheels, because i would rather buy like straight cut gears or something along those lines!

The HC800, is exactly like you said. A great pad to street, and take to the track. But for that super late brake. I think you can if you dedicate the car to track, but not as reliable. They do have a much much higher temp rating versus other pads in its price range. Even Winmax w4 are only rated to like 640. Brake fade on the track is a disaster, and well... just disappointing. The brake dust is true and apparent when driven really hard. They will cake your wheels, but not at all bad when daily driving. Its scary how good it is, and the noise is pure silence.

I think if i was to dedicate some race pads right now. I would run a carbotech xp10 front & xp8 rear.
Straight cut gears? You definitely don't want that on a street car. haha.

I think you would be disappointed going from HC+800 to xp10 in terms of feel. I have many friends who have gone from the xp10s to Club Racers and they are much happier. Well worth the extra cost and in my experience it is better to run the same pad compound front and rear.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:38 AM

I remember having a built gearbox in my first WRX and it had a straight cut 1-2 gear. It was cool for the first two weeks and then quickly became how fast can I get to 3rd
Old 04-16-2014, 12:06 PM

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewhake
Originally Posted by TEASPOONGUY' timestamp='1397579148' post='23113648
[quote name='//steve\\' timestamp='1397566382' post='23113272']
I like the sound of orange TEs!

I'm also a fan of the HC+800 pad for how I use my car. I think it will make a decent track pad until you start to get faster and brake harder and later. My only complaint is they dust badly but I don't daily drive the car so it isn't too much of a bother to me.

Yea, I wonder if they still allow them for special order. But its so hard for me to buy wheels, because i would rather buy like straight cut gears or something along those lines!

The HC800, is exactly like you said. A great pad to street, and take to the track. But for that super late brake. I think you can if you dedicate the car to track, but not as reliable. They do have a much much higher temp rating versus other pads in its price range. Even Winmax w4 are only rated to like 640. Brake fade on the track is a disaster, and well... just disappointing. The brake dust is true and apparent when driven really hard. They will cake your wheels, but not at all bad when daily driving. Its scary how good it is, and the noise is pure silence.

I think if i was to dedicate some race pads right now. I would run a carbotech xp10 front & xp8 rear.
Straight cut gears? You definitely don't want that on a street car. haha.

I think you would be disappointed going from HC+800 to xp10 in terms of feel. I have many friends who have gone from the xp10s to Club Racers and they are much happier. Well worth the extra cost and in my experience it is better to run the same pad compound front and rear.
[/quote]

Maybe later ill give Club Racers a try. Once he HC 800 become not worth it any longer. Maybe later in the year, ill run front and back Club Racer.

I remember having a built gearbox in my first WRX and it had a straight cut 1-2 gear. It was cool for the first two weeks and then quickly became how fast can I get to 3rd

haha, man yea Stright cut would just burn your ears from it being annoying as hell. I dont think it is something i would ever do! But i do say that now.. lol.

Have you guys looked into the Quaife Trans? If i had money to burn.. I would def get a Quaife 60G Trans.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really like this car!
Old 04-16-2014, 06:32 PM

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by TEASPOONGUY
haha, man yea Stright cut would just burn your ears from it being annoying as hell. I dont think it is something i would ever do! But i do say that now.. lol.

Have you guys looked into the Quaife Trans? If i had money to burn.. I would def get a Quaife 60G Trans.
I'm sure it is fine as long as you enjoy a transmission constantly screaming in your ears. My friend Andrie (which you may have seen at the HT Cup day at Buttonwillow) just installed a Quaife sequential in his S2000 race car.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Arguably my favorite car on this board.

Quick Reply: GPW ASM S2000