Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Honda S2000 Berlina Black AP1 - Anualmix

Old 12-06-2018, 01:58 AM

Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts

So guys, before speaking about the trackday. The Recaro Poleposition seats are installed on the S2000. It was one of the best modifications I've ever done in the S. The driving position improved a lot, the weight saving and the way they look in the car is just epic. Installed them with Tegiwa Seat Rails and seat belt extenders from 4Extender. The major cons I see on these seats is exiting and entereing the car. Not as easy as factory seats.

A not very good picture of them inside the S2000. Car was all dirty. Sorry.

Old 12-06-2018, 02:03 AM

Pre-Trackday was the perfect time to install new tyres. After much research (Nankang AR-1 / Toyo R888 / Toyo R888R / Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 / AD08R) decided to get a new set of AD08R 215/45 R17 245/40 R17.

Old 12-06-2018, 03:09 AM

Regarding the Trackday at Portimão circuit.. we are in December but Algarve never fails. Sunny day with a good temperature. Great cars, great persons and lots of fun! Don't have much pictures yet. The car from previous year is much better. The new tyres gave much more confidence. The Spoon Brake calipers are something I really have to talk. When I installed them made 100 Kms on normal road use and they feel like OEM. I was like.. spent 1K+$ and just got the looks. However... when you put them on track you understand their value. The S2000 with this calipers has a more precise, anti-fatigue and controllable braking. After 1hour of track use I must say it was worth every penny. Obviously some AP Racing 6Pot , Endless, etc will be better but for the price and the advantage of keeping OEM size rotors pads I'm more than happy. Thank you SpoonSports!

Some pictures:

Old 12-06-2018, 03:22 AM

The not so good part of the trackday. The car is wayyy too low in the front for track use. After 75 minutes of track use got a cooling leak. Not very bad because I was able to reach home but had to stop the trackday. Made the previous week a complete coolant system cleaning so I don't really understand how this might have happened. Nevertheless I've decided to install a completelly new cooling system.

New Radiator
New Radiator Hoses
New Radiator Fans
Spoon Low Temp Thermostat

What more should I change guys? Regarding the radiator any advice on brands? Thank you!
Old 12-07-2018, 03:10 AM

And because this project won't stop. Got at home a new diffuser made of Dry Carbon. Here is a pictured installed in the previous owner S2000.

Old 12-08-2018, 02:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Car is looking great.

Is the driving position significantly lower now? IMHO that's the worst part about the stock seat (the slippery leather being the 2nd).
Just some friendly advice: I'd recommend you route the seat belt through the side hole on the seat, for safety.

Regarding the coolant leak, do you know where it is coming from? A good diagnostic could save you money in the end, as you may not need to replace the entire system.

Good luck!
Old 12-11-2018, 02:10 AM

Received 426 Likes on 362 Posts

Are you happy with how the tires performed, they don't overheat and loose grip after a few hard laps? I'm looking to get either AD08R or MPSC2 for my car.
Seems a bit unnecessary to replace all those parts for just a leak? Either way don't use the low temp thermostat, just get a new OEM one.
For radiator Koyorad is a pretty good choice and that's what I went with
Old 01-06-2019, 10:30 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello there, I got a 03 BB s2000 and I really love what you did with yours. Keep the good work, you have great taste sir!
Old 01-24-2019, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Rui Meireles
Car is looking great.

Is the driving position significantly lower now? IMHO that's the worst part about the stock seat (the slippery leather being the 2nd).
Just some friendly advice: I'd recommend you route the seat belt through the side hole on the seat, for safety.

Regarding the coolant leak, do you know where it is coming from? A good diagnostic could save you money in the end, as you may not need to replace the entire system.

Good luck!
Hello Rui,

Thank you! The driving position with the Recaro Poleposition and Tegiwa Seat Rails is much lower. I'm quite big and had a problem with OEM Seats of my knees rubbing the steering wheel. Now with this setup I got plenty of space for legs. You feel more connected with the car and not dancing around the seat in more hardcore rides like i was with the oem seats. I'll change the route of the seatbelt. Thank you for the advice!

Regarding the cooling leak I've not touched the car since the trackday. I will make an update soon.

Best regards,

Anualmix

Old 01-24-2019, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by flanders
Are you happy with how the tires performed, they don't overheat and loose grip after a few hard laps? I'm looking to get either AD08R or MPSC2 for my car.
Seems a bit unnecessary to replace all those parts for just a leak? Either way don't use the low temp thermostat, just get a new OEM one.
For radiator Koyorad is a pretty good choice and that's what I went with
Hello Flanders,

I'm more than happy with the AD08R. I had this setup in the past and is a great combo for weekend drives plus some trackdays. Obviously after some hard laps they loose grip but you can make many fast laps without a problem. I can't blame the tyres for bad Lap Times. However the MPSC2 are a different league. More expensive tough. If you don't mind spending a bit more I strongly believe they are a great choice! They equip many supercars. Give me your feedback when you get the tyres!

I will let you know the parts I'm changing soon.

Best regards,

Anualmix

Quick Reply: Honda S2000 Berlina Black AP1 - Anualmix