Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Janus00 - '00 Ap1 NFR

Old 07-12-2016, 11:49 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by King Tut
Originally Posted by Janus00' timestamp='1468345339' post='24014829
They know the pump is needed, they're leaning toward a mechanical one instead.
They are using a mechanical one on the BRZ/FR-S kit. I think Freddy and I both know what they are doing at PTUNING.
I will definitely consider it once it becomes available again.
Old 07-12-2016, 11:49 AM

Added pics to first post.
Old 07-20-2016, 07:04 AM

Update! 2 of my UrgeDesigns Spec, CCW C10 wheels came in! I have the rears (10.5"x18)

CCW is now making their Corsair Series with a slight concave face (instead of flat), and their foundry is updating their manufacturing process which unfortunately is causing a delay with my 9.5" fronts. I must be more patient.

I'll post more pics once I have all 4.

Janus00 - '00 Ap1 NFR-3d1obbd.jpg
Old 07-20-2016, 09:20 AM
Community Organizer

Received 217 Likes on 138 Posts

Nice wheels!
Old 12-16-2016, 10:11 AM

So I have every intention of updating this post, I've just been going through tons of BS over the end of the summer and fall.

Wheels came in, and the rears were fine, however, the front's were not. One wheel's offset was wrong, and had to be sent back. That took 2 weeks to fix.

When I finally got all 4 wheels on the car, to my surprise I found that the front wheels wouldn't move. Reason why? The pad of the wheel (face that attaches to the rotor), was also pushed against the brake caliper! Both front wheels had to have the tires removed and had to be sent back to CCW.

That was before Thanksgiving and I'm STILL WAITING! All I know is that the wheels have to go through a complete redesign, and that the issue has been raised with the VP of the company. Meanwhile, they have my money and I have only 2 wheels.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:07 AM

Updates:

Got wheels back, tires mounted, they fit! (finally).

Added the following:
J's Racing 70RS single
AP2 retainers and keepers
Competition Forged Flywheel @ 11lbs
ACT HD Clutch
Updated OEM clutch disk (no buzz).
Ohilns DFV shocks
Spoon Rigid Collars
Car Garage AMIS S2000 Shift Collar
Updated leather center console surround
Hard top strikers

Getting car back from the shop today, will report back on impressions, new pics hopefully after the weekend.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:44 AM

Got a chance to have an extended drive with the car today.

The 70RS is a nice sounding exhaust, I can modulate the throttle and it affects how the exhaust sounds, it does get boomy at low RPMS at certain speeds and high acceleration but sounds I'm hoping that will settle down with time.
The lightweight flywheel is great and is not bad in traffic at all. Shifting is seemingly easier for me, and the car definitely needed to have the transmission fluid changed.
I see now why everyone loves the Ohlins. They instill so much more confidence and keep the car controlled under uneven road surfaces. I now have a ton more grip with the new wheels and tires and I can't wait to find some twisty roads to try the car out on. I noticed too, less upset on bumps around corners with the rigid collars as well.

I recommend all of these mods and I definitely feel they add to the cars handling capabilities in a positive way. The car is definitely more fun to drive and I didn't even add any extra HP, (Though I did remove a considerable amount of weight).

Currently shopping for a nice set of seats and vibratechnics motor mounts. I will post pictures when I have some chance to take them.
The following users liked this post:
S1 S2 (04-29-2017)
Old 05-02-2017, 07:46 AM

Sorry to say I ended up putting the stock exhaust back on after just being tired of having to hold back the car because I was worried about alerting law enforcement due to the sound, and it making my ears ring on long trips. I may be holding onto the exhaust and put it on after I go turbo or sell it, I'm not sure yet. I'm much happier cruising with a silent exhaust, and can flog the car all I want now.

After driving more, I'm extremely happy with how the car handles at the limit. The car just sticks to the road now, and its extremely scary how quickly I can take corners with this setup. I think handling mods and better wheels and tires should be everyone's first modifications for this car. Here's some new pics:

Name:  OV2ZFmV.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  503 Bytes
The following users liked this post:
S1 S2 (05-02-2017)
Old 05-08-2017, 10:44 AM

Did some more things over the weekend:

Removed carpet tunnel cover and replaced with vinyl cover. To get it to fit I cut off a small amount off the "top" part of the vinyl cover and tucked it in between the stereo console and the plastic triangles that are on each side of the stereo console. The rest was just plug and play.

Finally received my engraved Moddiction Anvil 2 after waiting since November for these to be in stock. Well worth the purchase. I need to adjust the height a bit since you lose torque when moving the knob all the way down as far as it will go. The knob comes with 2 nuts that can be used to adjust the height of the knob. The knob weighs 1lb, and is of extreme quality.

Old 06-02-2017, 09:51 AM

New parts going in this weekend!

ST Engineering Sway Bar Kit and Vibratechnics engine mounts (Fast Street)

Quick Reply: Janus00 - '00 Ap1 NFR