Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Jin's NFR Build Thread

Old 04-01-2016, 09:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can find a bunch of capacitor banks on ebay, in different configurations and casings
Old 04-12-2016, 03:00 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by baZurk
Good to hear the capacitor is working. Does the unit build a lot of heat? I have two 11" extremes going on my car so I am working a 70+ farad capacitor in to my electrical system as well
I'm guessing it does get pretty warm, not a ton of airflow so it's something I may address at some point.
Old 04-12-2016, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by liquidgsr
Do you have a link for the capacitor you are using? I have two SPAL Extremes and they drew so much power that it would kill the engine and the battery once the car stalled I would have trouble getting it started again since the AEMV2 needs a certain amount of voltage to turn on. I ended up getting this Fan Controller
This is the one I bought:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171380193143
Old 04-12-2016, 08:43 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

need more wheel fitment pics, those specs are real cool
Old 10-15-2016, 10:00 PM

Ended up picking up an extra set of CE's as backups today from a guy (Jay Jiang) in CA. What an absolute NIGHTMARE. Here's the lovely timeline

10/4

FS posted in a FB sale page for $1600 + OEM wheels, and I message him I wanted them but it'd be a couple weeks after I posted until I could get out there (busy weekend, can't feasibly go on a weekday). I let him know I'm interested, and if he accepts Paypal, which he says he does. Then says cash only, says he doesn't like it. OK, I get it. There's a lot of paypal scammers out there. Fine. So I tell him I'll be out there WITH cash on the 15th. He say's that's fine.

10/7
He asks to confirm I'll be out on the 15th, I say yes, I'll be there around 1 at the latest. He says if I can offer more since I told him the tires on my oem wheels are pretty old, so we settle on an extra $100.

10/10
He asks again if I'll be there on the 15th. I reassure him, yes, I'll be there, on the 15th at 1. This is a full 5 days before we're supposed to meet.

10/14
Then he asks AGAIN when we want to meet the night before, and asks me to give him a call when I get close to LA. Sure man, no problem.

10/15
6 a.m.
Leave homebase with a friend to head out.

10:28 a.m.
Call Jay, let him know I'm getting close, ~1 hr out (was running a little a head of schedule). He gives me the address to actually meet at.

11:13 a.m.
Jay calls me back, and tells me that his car is still at the shop, with the wheels on. Asks if I am ok waiting until 4 or 5 p.m.. EXCUSE ME? WHAT? I told you, MULTIPLE TIMES, when EXACTLY I would be there. Doesn't have the wheels ready for a buyer? Are you serious? Fine, I came out all this way, I guess I just have to wait.

11:28 a.m.
Jay calls again, says he was able to get his friend to drive his car from the shop to Jay's house so we can swap. Cool. Tell him I'll meet him at the address he gave

12:04 p.m.
I arrive at his house, no one around so I call Jay asking where he is, he's still "on the way". Uh, ok. I was somehow able to detour, pee, go to the bank, then drive to your house and still beat you there? Whatever man. "See you in a minute"

Shortly after, he shows up. Then he tells me he doesn't have the tools to take the wheels off. Are you high dude? What car owner, let alone an alleged auto enthusiast, doesn't have the most basic toolset to R&R wheels? "Hey, so we're going to a Firestone to do the swap". Fine, lets go. I follow him to there, of course the shop is full and it'll be 1.5 - 2 hours before they can get to it. Asks me if it's ok if we wait. No, no it is not. My passenger and I have better things to do than sit around while you fail to adult, sir. Let's find another shop.

~12:30
We get to a Goodyear service center, thankfully they aren't terribly busy so they were able to get in fairly quickly. My friend and I grab some food quick while they do that.

1:05
Swap is done, time to pack up my new wheels. While rolling them over, I notice one has a screw buried deep in one, GREAT. I pack it all up, and tell him I'll only give him 1600 for the wheel condition, the screw, and overall just wasting my time. Honestly I should have offered less, but I just wanted to be done with the whole ordeal. Paid him, and left.

TLDR; Jay Jiang is the absolute worst excuse for an auto enthusiast and is a terrible seller. Avoid at all cost.

17x9+50 and 17x10+70 with 255/40 AD08
Old 10-17-2016, 06:24 AM
Community Organizer

Received 217 Likes on 138 Posts

But did you die?
Old 10-17-2016, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_
But did you die?
Ha, no, but Jay was definitely in danger of receiving a punch to the mouth lol.
Old 10-17-2016, 09:44 AM

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

If they are selling S2000 parts and they're not on S2Ki I proceed with trepidation.
Old 10-17-2016, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by arsenal
If they are selling S2000 parts and they're not on S2Ki I proceed with trepidation.
If the rears weren't discontinued, I'd have just waited.
Old 10-17-2016, 07:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haha I texted him too and he didn't reply. Seems like my luck is shining on me. Congrats on the wheels man! Looks dope & I love the rear specs

Quick Reply: Jin's NFR Build Thread