Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Killercom's Turbo Build!

Old 03-05-2018, 09:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool build man, long process but well worth it in the end! Do you happen to have any more pics of the ABS relocation, specifically where you mounted the module and how you ran all the lines? I have the same kit and looking to install it this weekend and any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-12-2018, 12:18 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by S2tripleO
Cool build man, long process but well worth it in the end! Do you happen to have any more pics of the ABS relocation, specifically where you mounted the module and how you ran all the lines? I have the same kit and looking to install it this weekend and any help would be greatly appreciated.
I can get more pictures of everything when I get the car back. I haven't really posted much since Photobucket dropped the ball on everyone. The engine bay is 90% shaved and complete. We're only working on the car on weekends only, which is making this job drag out longer than expected. This coming weekend we should have all of the body work done and it in primer. The removable cross member was installed yesterday and came out sweet.

Last edited by KillerCom; 03-12-2018 at 12:28 AM.
Old 03-12-2018, 12:36 AM

Finally some updates! The engine bay is 90% complete and is almost ready for primer and paint. We both went ahead and strictly used metal to fill and shave this engine bay. Zero shortcuts here. This is a very tedious shave job.

Beginning. We started working the shock towers and filling the holes on the firewall. We decided to pull the windshield and dashboard to get a complete, correct job, done right without burning anything in the interior while welding.

Killercom's Turbo Build!-photo502.jpg
Killercom's Turbo Build!-photo486.jpg
Killercom's Turbo Build!-photo709.jpg
Killercom's Turbo Build!-photo275.jpg
Killercom's Turbo Build!-photo576.jpg
Killercom's Turbo Build!-photo460.jpg
Killercom's Turbo Build!-photo469.jpg

We then went ahead and got the bottom plates installed. We had to do some minor trimming to get these perfect. All in all they came out great. Much easier than welding each bolt hole and plating the low channels.

Killercom's Turbo Build!-photo19.jpg
Killercom's Turbo Build!-photo87.jpg
Killercom's Turbo Build!-photo882.jpg
Killercom's Turbo Build!-photo716.jpg

At this point, we also got the body work done on the bumpers, front lip, and OEM hardtop. These have been done for a while now and are in storage ready for paint.

Killercom's Turbo Build!-photo679.jpg
Killercom's Turbo Build!-photo658.jpg
Killercom's Turbo Build!-photo691.jpg
Killercom's Turbo Build!-photo841.jpg

Last edited by KillerCom; 03-12-2018 at 12:49 AM.
Old 07-24-2018, 10:18 PM

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Any updates? Hell of an undertaking
Old 07-30-2018, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by F1TwoThousand
Any updates? Hell of an undertaking
Dragging along, some minor setbacks in the mix with the body work and paintwork. The car is poly primed and basically ready for paint. I'll be throwing updates in as things come along and once the car is back to me the updates will be every night or so!

Killercom's Turbo Build!-photo635.jpg
Killercom's Turbo Build!-photo851.jpg
Killercom's Turbo Build!-photo3.jpg
Killercom's Turbo Build!-photo425.jpg
Killercom's Turbo Build!-photo804.jpg
Killercom's Turbo Build!-photo158.jpg

Last edited by KillerCom; 04-11-2019 at 01:20 AM.
Old 08-03-2018, 06:55 AM

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

So we have 3 front facing twin external wastegated builds going on including myself very anxious to see how they turn out. Havnt seen one done on the forums in a very long time if ever
Old 08-06-2018, 07:24 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by F1TwoThousand
So we have 3 front facing twin external wastegated builds going on including myself very anxious to see how they turn out. Havnt seen one done on the forums in a very long time if ever
who are the 3?
Old 04-11-2019, 12:59 AM

Welcome to 2019, FINALLY UPDATES!!

So, to say the least this car has come a super long way throughout the process. The body work process was filled with ups and downs as far as timing but it was 110% worth the wait. The car is finally back home and ready to be put back into service

I'm going to try my best to give a date with these updates to keep track.

June 2018- Engine bay was shaved and in primer, fender wells were striped and redone, interior was completely out to clean up the interior side of the firewall from all of the welding work. We also sprayed a factory interior paint to make things look original.

Killercom's Turbo Build!-photo190.jpg
Killercom's Turbo Build!-photo90.jpg
Killercom's Turbo Build!-photo136.jpg
Killercom's Turbo Build!-photo516.jpg
Killercom's Turbo Build!-photo764.jpg
Killercom's Turbo Build!-photo317.jpg
Killercom's Turbo Build!-photo953.jpg

September 2018- Finally got my hands on the highly anticipated 370z transmission kit from the team at Inline Pro! It came in and looks amazing, super high quality stuff, as always.

Killercom's Turbo Build!-photo361.jpg

Along with this, I decided to ditch my R200 rear end setup. With the power this car is going to make, along with the 370z transmission setup, I was going to have to re-gear lower than the R200 4.08 to be happy. During the multiple long conversations with John at Inline Pro, their new rear end setup came up more than once. Their new setup utilizes the 2015+ Ford Mustang super 8.8 rear. It's geared accordingly to play nice with high HP cars and the gearing of the 370z transmission. After careful consideration, I bit the bullet on that as well. I ended up selling the R200 setup for a really good price on my end so the upgrade costed me very little. I picked up a brand new rear end online for $500 and the kit was ordered from IP. John gave me a great deal on the kit along with an aluminum driveshaft! Expecting nothing less, this setup is no joke when it comes to quality. And I don't anticipate ANY issues with this rear, this thing is serious business!

Killercom's Turbo Build!-photo532.jpg
Killercom's Turbo Build!-photo789.jpg

Now we're in November. Waiting on this engine bay. Getting ancy is a huge understatement, but god damn, worth the wait? YES!!!!!

Killercom's Turbo Build!-photo559.jpg
Killercom's Turbo Build!-photo493.jpg
Killercom's Turbo Build!-photo929.jpg
Killercom's Turbo Build!-photo916.jpg
Killercom's Turbo Build!-photo41.jpg
Killercom's Turbo Build!-photo495.jpg

I wanted to take this car home ASAP, especially now that the hard part is done. But no, relax mister. We weren't going to start rushing and cutting corners now. We got the bay all wet sanded out so it'll be more perfect than I already assumed it was.

Killercom's Turbo Build!-photo443.jpg
Killercom's Turbo Build!-photo234.jpg
Killercom's Turbo Build!-photo203.jpg

So January now. It's hitting us hard that it's now 2019. We're procrastinating on getting the car back together, trying to get everyone's busy schedules to work and you know, adulting. We decided to do the new rear end install while the car was on the lift, so I got to getting that task out of the way. I started cleaning everything up undercarriage wise. I had an axle go bad a long while ago, 2012 if I remember correctly, and it was still a mess in all the nooks and crannies. My buddy convinced me to drop the subframe to clean better and to make the new diff install much easier.

Killercom's Turbo Build!-photo320.jpg

So what do you think happened while I'm trying to clean the subframe and I'm noticing all the imperfections? Yeap, you guessed it.

Killercom's Turbo Build!-photo798.jpg
Killercom's Turbo Build!-photo257.jpg

I started thinking about the front subframe being perfect and couldn't bare to put it back in the car like this. The team at Prodigy Powder Coating hooked it up, as per usual!

With the subframe out it allowed me to clean the underbody much better and touch up everything coating wise. I was also able to remove the stock fuel lines and install the new fuel setup much easier as well. For those keeping track, the Full Blown Motorsports dual pump hanger with twin 340 lph pumps, -8 feed, and a -6 return was the newly installed setup.

Killercom's Turbo Build!-photo645.jpg
Killercom's Turbo Build!-photo429.jpg

Also, the interior started making its way back together, along with the Safety 21 roll bar setup.

Killercom's Turbo Build!-photo938.jpg
Killercom's Turbo Build!-photo836.jpg

The front subframe was installed as well and the front end started to take shape. As far as suspension goes, I decided to switch things up from the BuddyClub N+ setup I had. I went through a lot of research on what setup would suit the car, it's setup, and my intentions best and ended up with the Kings Performance Drag Spec setup. High quality parts from another great team who I got to meet personally while down in Florida. Great customer service!

Killercom's Turbo Build!-photo71.jpg
Killercom's Turbo Build!-photo782.jpg

February 18th, it's D day!! Holy mother of god the day has come. Pretty sure everyone was excited to see this car move. Praying for a safe trip home.

Killercom's Turbo Build!-photo59.jpg

After a quick stop at the local car wash, she is HOME! Safe, sounds, and I'm sure glad to be back.

Killercom's Turbo Build!-photo258.jpg

If you've read this far, or have been following this thread from the beginning, you can probably assume that I, along with many others have been extremely busy. Multiple other vehicle projects have been started, completed, and sold in this time but in the end, this project was worth the wait. I haven't made much progress at home since it came back other than throwing my Welds on the back. A new career and managing a business has taken a major toll on what free time I do have. Updates will come as they are done. I'm waiting on an engine hoist to borrow then the motor is going in. After that I still need to modify the tunnel for the transmission and install that. From that point it's just the bits and pieces to get this party started. A current status picture of the car is below!

Killercom's Turbo Build!-photo36.jpg

Last edited by KillerCom; 04-11-2019 at 02:24 AM.
Old 04-11-2019, 11:45 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Cant wait to see this build finally come together!
Old 04-15-2019, 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by Uglyobesegamer
Cant wait to see this build finally come together!
You and me both!

Quick Reply: Killercom's Turbo Build!